• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit - it looks like I got the $10 Xbox Live Rewards as well and I didn't even know it! lol. Mine got deposited 6/7, 3 days ago. I also got a $10 from 4/3 as well, so I've received a total of $20 free money from Microsoft! Amazing!

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a message from Xbox that they've deposited a $14 gift card in my account. Expires in September.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Rewards app has had issues for me the past couple days. Yesterday it took multiple app closures and a reboot to get the "Achieve More. Earn more." Quest to redeem. Today multiple reboots and closures.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Just for US users or UK too? Where are these videos?

I'm not sure who else is eligible other than US but the videos are from MSN's Health Hub. If you scroll down you'll see videos in the 'Workout and mindfulness sessions' section that have a 50 point badge on it that are eligible for points when you fully view them. It's capped at 100 points per day and there were two very short videos (one is under a minute and another is under two) that people were using to get their 100 points until those vids were no longer eligible. The shortest videos eligible are about 15 minutes long.

MSN

Oct 27, 2017
Can't seem to get points for a second fitness video today. It only gave me points for watching the first one

I was able to get both 50 pts. I think, though, there might be a cut off time to get these points? There were a couple times this month where the second 50 pts didn't register for me. But for these points that didn't register, I didn't do those early in the day, which leads me to think there may actually be a cut off time?

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder if you haven't done the special 2000 point June bonus card, today is the last day to do it (if you got that).

BKsQuadcopter

Apr 1, 2021
Finally got my Xbox Series X after over a month of going back and forth with MS support because they screwed up my first order. If you cash out a ton of points at once like I did I would advise keep tracking of your order closely. Had I had not contacted them immediately I still wouldn't have it. The original tracking number they sent me is still bouncing around the same three Fed Ex centers in the Northeast.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to get both 50 pts. I think, though, there might be a cut off time to get these points? There were a couple times this month where the second 50 pts didn't register for me. But for these points that didn't register, I didn't do those early in the day, which leads me to think there may actually be a cut off time?
They applied a 24 hour timer apparently, so you have to wait 24 hours from when you last viewed it,

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Noticed my goal for the 3 month Game Pass Unlocked has disappeared and it seems like they only offer the one month option now that is 1k points more expensive than the 3 month option. They're getting more stingy with all of the cuts on ways to get points.

Nov 3, 2017
I'm still subbed till sometime in '24 but I still think removing the 3 months GP ultimate option is such a shitty and unnecessary move.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fairly certain the 3 month GPU has disappeared multiple times before. I think they "run out" somehow and it goes away for a bit. Maybe they have internal caps on how many can be redeemed a month or something and pull it when that gets hit. I imagine it will be back in a month or so again.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
What do (UK) people generally spend these points on? I had imagined I'd just use it as much as possible to get Game Pass Ultimate for free, but since the Gold to Ultimate upgrade thing still works it was far better to pay the £2ish a month for three years instead.

So now I've got all these points and I don't really know what the best use for 'em is!

FlanjeUK

Apr 20, 2019
What do (UK) people generally spend these points on? I had imagined I'd just use it as much as possible to get Game Pass Ultimate for free, but since the Gold to Ultimate upgrade thing still works it was far better to pay the £2ish a month for three years instead.

So now I've got all these points and I don't really know what the best use for 'em is!
I just use mine for GPU, yes you can pay £2 but it's completely free using rewards. I add 3 months of Gold which converts to 50 days of GPU when applied to your account and costs 15k points. I spend the left over points on random cheap games in sales or DLC etc.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

I just wait until something I'm interested is on sale, then redeem some Xbox credit to put towards it. Since April last year, I've got around 30 games and some DLC just from reward points.

As someone who only jumped into the Xbox ecosystem in 2018 with the One S, it's been a good way to build up my library, and it's also a good way to try and replace what I had on PS3 before it got the YLoD.

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017
I just use mine for GPU, yes you can pay £2 but it's completely free using rewards. I add 3 months of Gold which converts to 50 days of GPU when applied to your account and costs 15k points. I spend the left over points on random cheap games in sales or DLC etc.
I wait until it expires then redeem a bunch of gold and a month of GPU. Makes the points go a bit further.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017

I either use them to buy digital games, or I cash them for gift cards for places like tesco etc and use those to buy things. Either food so I don't have to spend actual cash or more often than not I use it for electronics either I want or that I know people want and sell those brand new for cash instead.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Yeah, I think Xbox credit might be the way to go. The dream of a free Series X is a few years away so I might just use 'em as I go.

Yeah, but that 15k could buy, say, a £10 Tesco gift card. So I spend effectively £3.50 on GPU for those 50 days (or £6 for 90 days) but can get £10 value with those points. Unless I'm thinking about this totally backwards!

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
are the exercise videos on an exact 24 hour timer from when you watched to when you can earn again? I watched them last night for points at about 7 PM and now today its saying I already watched them and wont earn more points right now

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
are the exercise videos on an exact 24 hour timer from when you watched to when you can earn again? I watched them last night for points at about 7 PM and now today its saying I already watched them and wont earn more points right now
I'm not sure if it's an exact 24 hours, but it certainly is far more restrictive and closer to that limitation than the punch cards.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Are the issues with people being banned in error resolved now? Has anyone from the UK redeemed points in the last week without any issues?

Also, a minor gripe, when you do the daily set do you find you often have to click the links twice to get them to register as being completed?

The poll and 30 point quiz always work first time, but all the others seem to want me to open the page twice before they register

I find this to be the case on phone and PC

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Are the issues with people being banned in error resolved now? Has anyone from the UK redeemed points in the last week without any issues?

Also, a minor gripe, when you do the daily set do you find you often have to click the links twice to get them to register as being completed?

The poll and 30 point quiz always work first time, but all the others seem to want me to open the page twice before they register

The same for me, most of the time they only register on the 2nd attempt

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017

Yep. Sometimes it takes 4/5 clicks I've found recently. It's annoying. As you say the poll and quizzes always work as intended. Thought it might have been a cookies thing on my phone but if it's happening on PC as well, it's just not registering properly.

Garegga

Oct 29, 2017
Germany

I have been banned, unbanned and have redeemed points last week - no problem (but I'm from Germany).
And yes I have to click twice, too.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The same for me, most of the time they only register on the 2nd attempt

Yep. Sometimes it takes 4/5 clicks I've found recently. It's annoying. As you say the poll and quizzes always work as intended. Thought it might have been a cookies thing on my phone but if it's happening on PC as well, it's just not registering properly.

I have been banned, unbanned and have redeemed points last week - no problem (but I'm from Germany).
And yes I have to click twice, too.

Ah so they're getting free clicks from everyone! So those 10 point tasks are really 5 points a click

I see your game, Microsoft

Also good to hear your issues were resolved Garegga I was just a little reluctant to redeem points as I accidently redeemed the free 5 draws from the 2k monthly task during the time people were being banned, and had MS cancel those for some reason

I'm sure it's fine now, though the sale this week is another one with nothing I want so my points will live to see another week at least

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

I've redeemed points since that issue in the UK with no issues. YMMV!

And yep, multiple clicks are needed for those 10 point things here too. At least it's not just me.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Hello hello! I seem to have dipped under 7 friends and hence I'm lacking a multiplier on my daily tasks. If anyone with an Xbox wouldn't mind swapping handles with me by DM then that would be awesome!

Hazuki_X

Dec 11, 2021
Can someone clear this up for me please. I'm currently on a 13 week streak, so shouldn't I be getting my bonus 1000 points every time I complete my weekly's?

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone clear this up for me please. I'm currently on a 13 week streak, so shouldn't I be getting my bonus 1000 points every time I complete my weekly's?

Nope. You get a 1000 bonus when you hit the 10th week (extra from that week's 100 points). Then the next bonus is on the 20th week (2500 extra points), and each 10 weeks after (30th, 40th, 50th…)

What is this for? I hadn't heard of anything involving friends for reward points

Play with friends on the PC (actually just enter a multiplayer lobby) for 250 pts daily. Only for some selected regions/users, it is kind of s beta)

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having issues getting achievements to register for the 50 points but also the weekly? I've gotten 3 achievements today and the 50 points won't go through and the weekly get 3 achievements isn't showing the ones from today. UK based if that changes anything? I know it's not uncommon but wondering if it's other or just me, don't want to burn easy achievements if it's still busted haha.

Edit: ignore this, fixed now.

Last edited:

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Anyone else having issues getting achievements to register for the 50 points but also the weekly? I've gotten 3 achievements today and the 50 points won't go through and the weekly get 3 achievements isn't showing the ones from today. UK based if that changes anything? I know it's not uncommon but wondering if it's other or just me, don't want to burn easy achievements if it's still busted haha.

Nah it happens to me sometimes. I usually just wait until later and try again. It remembers if an achievement has popped so you don't need to constantly do it. I have even had an achievement pop just after midnight and tried again like 12 hours later and it worked.