• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm having an issue with the quizzes and such that It doesn't register unless I click the link then refresh the whole page, this has never happened until last week or two.
Any one else?

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having an issue with the quizzes and such that It doesn't register unless I click the link then refresh the whole page, this has never happened until last week or two.
Any one else?

Are you talking about the dailies or the extra quizzes? My dailies have always been finnicky with some of the Pick 5 ones but otherwise it's working alright.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
The 3-month code for PC gamepass is finally back, but the math on it is weird as hell.

At the level 1 point values, 1 month is 9250 and 3 months is 28000. 9250 * 3 = 27750, so at level 1 it's less efficient to buy the bulk item.
But at level 2, they have different discount levels applied, where 1 month is 7750 and 3 months is 22750. 7750 * 3 = 23250. Meaning now it's more efficient to buy the bulk item.

Eh... At least I can still get PC Gamepass completely for free.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Any one else?
Been happening for me for a while. Might be a cookies thing. Cba to delete history/cookies etc to try though lol

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
The 3-month code for PC gamepass is finally back, but the math on it is weird as hell.

At the level 1 point values, 1 month is 9250 and 3 months is 28000. 9250 * 3 = 27750, so at level 1 it's less efficient to buy the bulk item.
But at level 2, they have different discount levels applied, where 1 month is 7750 and 3 months is 22750. 7750 * 3 = 23250. Meaning now it's more efficient to buy the bulk item.

Eh... At least I can still get PC Gamepass completely for free.
The problem is that they've increased the cost of 1 month of PC Game Pass from 6,800 points to 7,750, in the US. That gets you GPU at 387.5 points per day. It used to be 340. The 3-month PC Game Pass code is 22,750 which translates to 379 points per day if you get 60 days of GPU for it. If it is the case, it's the most effective way to get GPU with points in the US. If not, the 1 month code for PC Game Pass is still the best - just not as good as it used to be.

This change, coupled with the diminishing number of daily and weekly quests, makes the system noticeably worse.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Can you change your console's location as many times as you like?

I've been having issues ever since "moving" to Australia for Elden Ring's launch and now it won't even let me open the rewards app on Xbox. It tells me to update my console's location but my console is set to Canada, I am physically in Canada without using a VPN and my address on my profile is set to Canada. Thinking that maybe moving the location somewhere else for an hour and then moving back could fix this but I'm not sure how often I'm allowed to change the console's location.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Can you change your console's location as many times as you like?

I've been having issues ever since "moving" to Australia for Elden Ring's launch and now it won't even let me open the rewards app on Xbox. It tells me to update my console's location but my console is set to Canada, I am physically in Canada without using a VPN and my address on my profile is set to Canada. Thinking that maybe moving the location somewhere else for an hour and then moving back could fix this but I'm not sure how often I'm allowed to change the console's location.
MS has two versions of location - if you changed it in the settings app on the xbox in the "langauge and location" area then it's fine - you can change that all the time.

Are you absolutely sure your location has been changed and you hit "restart" to reboot the xbox for it to take effect?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
MS has two versions of location - if you changed it in the settings app on the xbox in the "langauge and location" area then it's fine - you can change that all the time.

Are you absolutely sure your location has been changed and you hit "restart" to reboot the xbox for it to take effect?
Thank you for letting me know you could change as much as you like.

I just changed my location to the US from Settings > System > Language & Location and then restarted. Then I switched back to Canada which is my physical location and restarted. In my Language & Location settings it says that I'm in Canada which is correct. It still tells me to "update your console's location" when I open the rewards app. I've also deleted the rewards app from my Xbox and reinstalled it.

I just don't know what else there is that I can do apart from some sort of full restore to factory settings but I'd rather not wipe everything from the console for something I don't know will work.

coracina

Jul 6, 2018
I'm in Australia and have been regularly exchanging the points from searches + clicking quizzes and stuff on the website for PC Game Pass each month. Unfortunately they raised the cost to 7,750 points, which is more than I have been earning each month. I know some people use GPU to open up more point earning opportunities but would that be sustainable over here? America seems to get so many more points than we do. Can any other Aussies explain all the ways they earn points and how much that totals to per month?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for letting me know you could change as much as you like.

I just changed my location to the US from Settings > System > Language & Location and then restarted. Then I switched back to Canada which is my physical location and restarted. In my Language & Location settings it says that I'm in Canada which is correct. It still tells me to "update your console's location" when I open the rewards app. I've also deleted the rewards app from my Xbox and reinstalled it.

I just don't know what else there is that I can do apart from some sort of full restore to factory settings but I'd rather not wipe everything from the console for something I don't know will work.
Hmm that does sound weird, sorry.

It's a bit of a pain, but if you have an external drive you can out games on that and factory reset the Xbox. All your saves etc will redownload when you log back in.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what the fasts NBA 2K22 achievement is? I don't want to play the game longer than I have to if I can avoid it. It is on cloud play but some of the modes don't seem to work there since it claims to not be "online".

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what the fasts NBA 2K22 achievement is? I don't want to play the game longer than I have to if I can avoid it. It is on cloud play but some of the modes don't seem to work there since it claims to not be "online".

I didn't even see it on cloud play yesterday when it came out. As I was doing an install, I played a regular match against the AI. When your player has the ball and takes a shot, hold and let go of the X button with perfect timing to get the shot bar to turn green. That nabbed me an achievement and I promptly cancelled my install.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The kettlebell woman and oblique guy must be pleasantly surprised at their video views. I wonder if they have any idea in many cases it's just people running it in the background to nab points.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might be my best month ever for rewards points:

52040632838_6be3372653_z.jpg

Not even really sure how I did it, but I'm not complaining.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Might be my best month ever for rewards points:

52040632838_6be3372653_z.jpg

Not even really sure how I did it, but I'm not complaining.
Nice! 19,864 points this month for me.

I have about 270k now which I've decided to start funnelling into Fortnite V-Bux via MS Giftcards - it's been since XSX launch that I've been collecting so I may as well start spending it on things! I was originally planning to use them on the next console, but I recently felt that I deserve some self-gratification, so I've decided to start spending my points!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I'm only at 12k this month but I've not been doing Bing searches consistently at all

mecaguendeu

Oct 16, 2019
And here in Spain, doing absolutely everything each day of the month, I gained only ~11500 points. It's unfair lol

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Wtf they raised the monthly game pass PC in Italy as well and it's totally outside of possible monthly earning on PC, what a s**tshow... RIP gamepass I guess :/

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Might be good to do auto deal and get the halo infinite season 2 battle pass it it's true that you don't need to buy anymore with credits earned back. Mint said you can keep buying next for free.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
So there's this little mini game play to win reward on the rewards website. Might be usa only but it's called something commander I think. Takes less than 2 mins at most to finish the game which is kind of like bust-a-move and costs 0 points to enter. Top 3 scores for the month win prizes, but I spent an entire afternoon just playing it while watching TV......every now and then it gives you bonus points after a round of it. Sometimes it's 50 reward points, sometimes 100 and sometimes 500 reward points.

The entire afternoon I played it, I went up 9k reward points because of those bonus rewards it would give to me......going to keep playing it while watching TV etc and try to get a bunch more while it's there. Also can be played on your phone browser.

Edit: it's called crater commander. Just checked and played a round and got another 50 points as a bonus to "help me keep trying to go for the high score". But the game costs literally 0 points to play so it's just straight up bonus points. Also you don't actually have to do well at the game. I assume it's either random when you get them or based on how often you play the game.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
Dis that sounds cool. Sigh, I don't even get measly daily bing rewards anymore, it's a bit of a bummer being left with far less activities, now have only the monthly game pass 1000 and weekly streak one while some regions get absolutely showered in hundreds or even thousands of additional points.
Eh, whatever.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Dis that sounds cool. Sigh, I don't even get measly daily bing rewards anymore, it's a bit of a bummer being left with far less activities, now have only the monthly game pass 1000 and weekly streak one while some regions get absolutely showered in hundreds or even thousands of additional points.
Eh, whatever.

I'm actually used to the UK rewards and only found out that while I'm in the usa visiting my in laws I get the usa ones as that's where I'm located and all my reward points I've earned in the UK are able to be redeemed for usa rewards while here. I managed to actually get walmart and amazon gift cards with my reward points I'd been saving in the UK.

But yeah the usa gets insane amounts of reward points in comparison as I'm finding out first hand now.

Abu05

Oct 27, 2017
So there's this little mini game play to win reward on the rewards website. Might be usa only but it's called something commander I think. Takes less than 2 mins at most to finish the game which is kind of like bust-a-move and costs 0 points to enter. Top 3 scores for the month win prizes, but I spent an entire afternoon just playing it while watching TV......every now and then it gives you bonus points after a round of it. Sometimes it's 50 reward points, sometimes 100 and sometimes 500 reward points.

The entire afternoon I played it, I went up 9k reward points because of those bonus rewards it would give to me......going to keep playing it while watching TV etc and try to get a bunch more while it's there. Also can be played on your phone browser.

Edit: it's called crater commander. Just checked and played a round and got another 50 points as a bonus to "help me keep trying to go for the high score". But the game costs literally 0 points to play so it's just straight up bonus points. Also you don't actually have to do well at the game. I assume it's either random when you get them or based on how often you play the game.
Do you have a link? I can't find it. Thanks.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have a link? I can't find it. Thanks.

I don't know if this will work but here's the link to the page to claim the reward to play it for 0 points

(https: //rewards.microsoft.com/redeem/000700001054) also posting it like this with a space to break the link at the start so you can see the entire link as for whatever reason it was hidden to just a "continue" button link on my browser when I previewed it on era haha.

I just tried to use it on my brothers account and it didn't show him the page or reward. Maybe it's account specific, but that would be weird?

Okingjrr

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
France
I don't know if I can take another nerf to the Game Pass quests.
Hopefully they're bringing back the ones they removed.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Glad I checked the thread, I thought it was weird that the app wasn't showing anything new. Maybe they changed the time things go live, or they just killed it all lol.

I don't know if I can take another nerf to the Game Pass quests.
Hopefully they're bringing back the ones they removed.

I mean the last nerf wasn't that big of a deal assuming I'm on the same page, 7 points less a day which is like 210 points a month. Stupid to have it change/go away but not like it's breaking anything major.

Okingjrr

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
France
I mean the last nerf wasn't that big of a deal assuming I'm on the same page, 7 points less a day which is like 210 points a month. Stupid to have it change/go away but not like it's breaking anything major.
Oh of course, I'm just exaggerating because it's minor in the grand scheme of things. But it did make me sad, especially when Europe gets less points overall compared to the US.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they dropped back to 1 weekly game quest and it isn't just "play the game". Going to be annoying to get all 12 this month for the 1,000 points

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they dropped back to 1 weekly game quest and it isn't just "play the game". Going to be annoying to get all 12 this month for the 1,000 points
So wait, doesn't this essentially mean you need to complete every weekly quest every week in order to get 12 for the month/1,000 points?

Because if that's the case then yeah, there's 0% chance of that happening from me, particularly if the game quest is no longer just "play this game".

russbus64

May 1, 2018
So wait, doesn't this essentially mean you need to complete every weekly quest every week in order to get 12 for the month/1,000 points?

Because if that's the case then yeah, there's 0% chance of that happening from me, particularly if the game quest is no longer just "play this game".
Unless other weeks increase the number of weekly quests, it seems like it. At least the one for this week sounds reasonable in Peggle 2.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
At least that peggle crap can be played on the cloud. I was ignorant before but I think I already hate it. It didn't took long btw, just hit new game and fail the tutorial once (leave one or two oranges) then get all on the second go and you've got the weekly quest plus your daily achievement (if you hadn't played this crap previously).

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
At least that peggle crap can be played on the cloud. I was ignorant before but I think I already hate it. It didn't took long btw, just hit new game and fail the tutorial once (leave one or two oranges) then get all on the second go and you've got the weekly quest plus your daily achievement (if you hadn't played this crap previously).

"Peggle crap"

Well, that's a take.