• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Add me to the list of who had to submit a support ticket for the LEGO Star Wars points 🤷‍♂️

Oct 28, 2017
Weirdly, despite not being one of the ten games listed, Hades works for the 500 point Top 10 punchcard.

Nuts 'n' Bolts didn't work for me yesterday, but unlocking an achievement for Hades ticked it off.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Weirdly, despite not being one of the ten games listed, Hades works for the 500 point Top 10 punchcard.

Nuts 'n' Bolts didn't work for me yesterday, but unlocking an achievement for Hades ticked it off.
Ah, my favorite Rewards 'fix' when there's an achievement issue. ANY achievement works!

In the past when they had them for State of Decay 2, they had SPECIFIC achievements to get points, but it had issues, so they changed it to work with anything.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else unable to complete the quizzes on the rewards page? I've tried disabling all extensions and gone incognito to no avail. It just loadds the search page and then stops.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's odd. Because for Elden Ring I just got a "yep it was glitched here you go" email

Probably busy replying to everyone who has problems with the service especially with the app breaking.

Add me to the list of who had to submit a support ticket for the LEGO Star Wars points 🤷‍♂️

Got my reply back and as expected, they still won't honor the punchcard. Oh well.

Still haven't gotten a response back from Rewards support. No progress since I opened a ticket with them last week. Pretty frustrated at this point. I've sent them 3 messages in a row now over the past 5 days without a response.

JdFox17

Oct 26, 2017
I just received word back from MS support today after submitting a ticket nearly two weeks ago for the spring sale punchcard didn't work for buying Tiny Tina. They seem to be especially slow as of late.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah today all I've got on the Xbox app is the 5 point cards and the Lego one, I got 3 achievements last night and I can't get the 50 points or continue my weekly streak.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Been a few weird things with rewards stuff lately, various things not tracking or needing multiple clicks on the daily cards etc but hard to get annoyed when its still an easy £100+ a year of free stuff. Since getting my Series S and starting doing the rewards stuff I'm already upto 212000 points. Nuts

Also it's kind of amazing that both MS and Nintendo, if you are so inclined and with a small bit of effort basically give you the means to game 100% for free. MS with rewards and Nintendo with platinum points (can easily get 20-30 get physical rewards a year that resell for good money).

Maybe this is why I ditched my PS5 lol

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got a link to the Chrome extension that does your searches for you? Somehow lost it.

The one that does fake mobile and edge browser searches too. I've installed 'Automate your Bing Searches' but it's not as good.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got a link to the Chrome extension that does your searches for you? Somehow lost it.

The one that does fake mobile and edge browser searches too. I've installed 'Automate your Bing Searches' but it's not as good.
If you're talking about ABS it was removed from the extension stores last year. It's still on GitHub, so if you don't mind enabling developer mode and loading it that way you can find it here. This fork seems to be still updated.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Same here. I have £140ish since last June. In 2-3 years time that could almost be a free console.
Perhaps with a more efficient build process and once both XSX and PS5 are readily in stock we might also start seeing price reductions. I have to imagine that getting XSX to $400 rather than 500 must be in the cards over the next 3 years.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
If it's just a PS3 Slim sort of revision then I'd keep my points for the actual mid-gen refresh whenever that eventually hits. All the funkyness lately also has me worried about the Rewards going away so I'll be a little hesitant to just throw them wherever.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It sounds like it's just a more power-efficient (and cheaper to produce) version of the existing SX. They'll probably just start shipping them in place of the existing units at some point and won't even advertise the change.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
I think the title of the article sensationalizes a bit the information by Sams. All he is saying is that they are planning on a die shrink, which would make sense. N6 by TSMC is cheaper than N7 and has higher yields from what I can recall. In his own words,
Now, are we going to see performance improvements, are we going to see anything else? I do not believe so. But Microsoft is always working on making cooler, more efficient chips because that lowers the cost of production, [...]

This hints to a cooler and cheaper (for them) slim variant, upgrade is a bit of a stretch. MLiD has also said that's what he thinks they'll be doing rather than an actual upgrade. That's not to say there are no designs for "pro" models for both Xbox or PS, I am almost certain there are. Though that doesn't mean that these will 100% result in products, they may have them just in case they end up needing them.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
lol i dont usually do this stuff but did 3 of the gmaes for the punchcard and still didnt pop oh well. one day ill get my free taco bell lunch

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Dear Lord Firewatch looks like ass on Xbox.

Was planning on playing it through again after completing the game pass quest (beat it twice on PS4) but I feel like I'm playing a Switch port here

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Dear Lord Firewatch looks like ass on Xbox.

Was planning on playing it through again after completing the game pass quest (beat it twice on PS4) but I feel like I'm playing a Switch port here
Yeah, I remember waiting and waiting for an Xbox One X patch to finally come so I could play it again, but I think it got canned.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
They raised the price of the PC Gamepass reward. Damn it.
Math still works out to being able to get PC Gamepass for free just through Bing, but the rate you can get it is roughly per 24 days instead of 21.

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Anyone else having that issue where Bing loads plain pages instead of completed quizzes/polls?

For example, there's a task today to do a League of Legends quiz (typical 30 point challenge), but when I click there's no quiz and this is all I see.

image.png

Doesn't matter if I'm on Chrome, Edge or Xbox, so I guess it's a Bing issue.

Thing is, I've had this for the past few days which means I can't get my Daily Streaks up 🙃

It's edge just being broken for few days (or even weeks), nothing you can do about if not waiting and no, isn't ad block, I don't have anything on edge, it just like browser/server issues that can lead to kill the streak tho if not switching on another browser/device.

I've found a solution to fire off any broken tasks.

• Use the Bing app on either Xbox or mobile and complete the challenges from within there.

Edge on Desktop is my go-to but when it's broken I'll just use Bing on Xbox/Mobile.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I get just as much pleasure from watching my rewards total go up as I do playing some games lol. 130k now, it'd be to 230k if I hadn't bought the BF 2042 gold edition 😑 but at least I didn't spend real money on it.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
The UK Xbox app is getting progressively worse this week - all week I haven't had the PC Game challenge trigger despite having the Play with Friends on PC trigger and from today, I can get the opposite to happen, with no joy on making the Friends challenge trigger no matter what I do :/

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
The UK Xbox app is getting progressively worse this week - all week I haven't had the PC Game challenge trigger despite having the Play with Friends on PC trigger and from today, I can get the opposite to happen, with no joy on making the Friends challenge trigger no matter what I do :/
At least you can partake if those frustrations. Some of us can't even get these points at all.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017

I've found there was just a massive lag on the play pc gamepass one - it triggered but literally 12 hours after playing something. Playing with friends was triggering pretty swiftly as usual - not tried today so fingers crossed its not borked

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, so, uh, i redemeed one month of GPU and apparently it didn't activate on my account since i was charged for one month of GPU this month? Does anyone know where i can check if it was activated? should i send a support ticket in? if yes, where? lol

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Hey, so, uh, i redemeed one month of GPU and apparently it didn't activate on my account since i was charged for one month of GPU this month? Does anyone know where i can check if it was activated? should i send a support ticket in? if yes, where? lol
You should be able to see an order history on your account details

Microsoft.com > account details > payment and billing > order histort

Oct 25, 2017
Can you try redeeming the code again? Maybe it didnt process. I would hit up the chat support theyre pretty quick

thanks to your help, i just found that there _is_ an option to resent in the request for the codes (and that the order history for MS rewards is not in the same page of your order history of bought games/payment procedures) so i tried that just now, hoping it works. Just quoting you again to thank you :)

edit: aaaaaaaand just got it! yay! thanks!!