• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess I was lucky previously with AC Valhalla DLC. ./shrug

Only other difference was this was a preorder, DLC was after it released.

That hasn't been the case with me (or others here). Every code I've redeemed has worked for games that had a punch card. To my understanding Rewards just needs to see a purchase and a code is still a purchase on the store, just a prepaid one.
Oh okay, news to me then! I was just going by what I've read on the Microsoft Rewarda subreddit.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
I've submitted another request, based on two points:

1. Can't get points by redeeming codes: This is false as it worked without issue on previous purchases.
  2. Must be the product linked in the app punchcard: This links to the "not available to purchase separately" version, so one must select the standard or deluxe editions to continue purchasing.
Fingers crossed for the second attempt.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
I've had customer support manually deposit money into my account because I couldn't redeem some old point cards and it was listed as 'Xbox Live rewards deposit" that had a 90 day expiration date. The VIP program is dead though although I'm not sure if they turned it into the new Ambassador's program or not.
Ah ok cheers

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Oh good. I got 2 more achievements in Streets of Rage 4 (so that would be 4 and 5 achievements since I activated the punch card) and the Microsoft Rewards top 10 punchcard is finally showing up as finished for me.

Unfortunately, I didn't check beforehand if it filled in from the previous achievements I had gotten.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Oh good. I got 2 more achievements in Streets of Rage 4 (so that would be 4 and 5 achievements since I activated the punch card) and the Microsoft Rewards top 10 punchcard is finally showing up as finished for me.

Unfortunately, I didn't check beforehand if it filled in from the previous achievements I had gotten.
Got it today through Humans Fall Flat. I'm sure it has a problem tracking particularly 360 achievements but just achievements in general.

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't work for me either, so I sent an email.

I bought Lego Star Wars before doing the punch card and it didn't activate so I guess I can see if they'll honor it through email.
Rewards support finally got back to me, only to say "yes, we see you purchased the game and you should receive points. If you haven't received points within 48 hours of purchase, please let us know."

... except when they sent the e-mail, it hard already been over 48 hours since I purchased the game. So I had to e-mail them back telling them that, and now it's probably another several day wait to hear back. So that's annoying.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
So it looks like the top 10 didn't go through retroactively, I just got another achievement in Minecraft Dungeons and now it's saying complete.

Bartis

Dec 30, 2017
Activated the Lego Skywalker saga punchcard, bought the game, but the points do not redeem. I sent a mail to MS support, hope they add em manually (EU). I need more points for the new sale

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man the app is still really fucked up the "redeem" tab is just full on missing for me.and the GUI display is all messed up on the app with some elements not appearing at all on screen.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Top 10 finally worked after trying a new game. Jurassic World has a couple that you can earn within a couple minutes of starting the campaign.

Dec 11, 2017
Man the app is still really fucked up the "redeem" tab is just full on missing for me.and the GUI display is all messed up on the app with some elements not appearing at all on screen.

Same. It seems pretty broken.

Added note. I reached out to MS support regarding the missing Lego punch card points and they added them manually to my account.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to know people actually know about it hopefully well get a quick fix!

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Haha, just got £4 gift card. Seems like such a random number, but I'm not complaining.

Can you use multiple gift cards to pay for one purchase?

Come to ask this, if I accumulate enough points to get like 6-7 10€ gift card, can I redeem and stack them for a single purchase?

Yes. Any gift cards you redeem will accrue in your account as a balance and you can use that balance towards software and hardware purchases.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Has anyone ever had problems redeeming points for gift cards after moving to another country?

Moved from US to Canada, changed my region in my account and I'm not getting the gift card I redeemed.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Did anybody try Banjo Kanzoo N&B for the top 10? I got the first achievement and nothing happened.

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting for my 6000 points for Lego Star Wars. I sent a support request over it. I feel like this happens at least 50% of the time for the new release bonuses. If I were into conspiracy theories, I'd say it was by design.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Did anybody try Banjo Kanzoo N&B for the top 10? I got the first achievement and nothing happened.

Alot of people have been reporting not getting the check off for the achievement. With how dodgy Microsoft Rewards is at the moment, I am just going to wait a bit before I try it I think. Its around for another 20 days, so hopefully it is fixed by then :P

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Alot of people have been reporting not getting the check off for the achievement. With how dodgy Microsoft Rewards is at the moment, I am just going to wait a bit before I try it I think. Its around for another 20 days, so hopefully it is fixed by then :P

Yeah was just wondering if it's extra spotty with 360 games. I don't have another game on the list so I'd have to play more N&B but uh that first 5 minutes didn't grab me.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
[/QUOTE]
Yes, th
Yeah was just wondering if it's extra spotty with 360 games. I don't have another game on the list so I'd have to play more N&B but uh that first 5 minutes didn't grab me.
If defo seems bad at detecting 360 achievements more than any achievements. There's been 2 quests I've done 360 achievements for and both never tracked.

I got £4 free gc from MS. Is there a way I can donate this to charity as I don't buy anything on Xbox?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
app is working perfectly for me now. And there is a new punch card for 50 points at the bottom for looking at tony hawk stuff. Its free to do

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
app is working perfectly for me now. And there is a new punch card for 50 points at the bottom for looking at tony hawk stuff. Its free to do
I don't remember noticing this Earth Day 500 point punchcard before today. Unfortunately I only saw it when I went into the app to turn in my daily right after I got another one for Streets of Rage 4.
I'll get around to it tomorrow, lol.

It's a get an achievement in any game kinda deal. It's down bottom, not in the "main" area.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
There was a 500 point welcome to Game Pass thing but that was because my series s was set to new zealand for Elden Ring and i hadnt used it since. Dunno if that tracked for me lol

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I don't remember noticing this Earth Day 500 point punchcard before today. Unfortunately I only saw it when I went into the app to turn in my daily right after I got another one for Streets of Rage 4.
I'll get around to it tomorrow, lol.

It's a get an achievement in any game kinda deal. It's down bottom, not in the "main" area.
It was there for me at the same time as the top 10 one. It was SUPPOSED to be a nice stack, with those 2 and AMEM. But top 10 broke

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Cool I actually got one of the $5 gifts. Bummer they now direct deposit instead of giving you a code though, will make it a hassle if my kids accounts get one in the future. Now to figure out what to spend it on.

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, kind of disappointed in Microsoft Rewards support. It's been four days since I submitted a support ticket on not getting my 6,000 points for LEGO Star Wars, and still haven't made an inch of progress.

You'd think this would be a simple "they activated the punch card, bought the game, and didn't get the points. Here you go!", but I guess not.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Gotta say, kind of disappointed in Microsoft Rewards support. It's been four days since I submitted a support ticket on not getting my 6,000 points for LEGO Star Wars, and still haven't made an inch of progress.

You'd think this would be a simple "they activated the punch card, bought the game, and didn't get the points. Here you go!", but I guess not.
That's odd. Because for Elden Ring I just got a "yep it was glitched here you go" email

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's odd. Because for Elden Ring I just got a "yep it was glitched here you go" email
I got an odd "Yes, we see that you activated the punch card and purchased the game. Please wait until 48 hours after your purchase for the 6,000 points to be credited".... But they literally sent me that e-mail more than 48 hours after I purchased it. lol.

I immediately replied back telling them as much, and that was two days ago and I haven't heard anything back.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I got an odd "Yes, we see that you activated the punch card and purchased the game. Please wait until 48 hours after your purchase for the 6,000 points to be credited".... But they literally sent me that e-mail more than 48 hours after I purchased it. lol.

I immediately replied back telling them as much, and that was two days ago and I haven't heard anything back.
Probably busy replying to everyone who has problems with the service especially with the app breaking.