• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For me it's the same each time:
mobile = GoT cast (very fast)
desktop = Star Wars cast (clicking a combination of people and then sub-branches of their movies and back again to the next person, which is moderately fast)
Edge = random jibber jabber x 4 (very fast)

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
I need to get back on this soon. I actually had to pay for Game Pass this month.

Disgusting.
talk about illegal activities

also update on my total points. I passed 100k last week

unknown.png

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
My Gamepass Ultimate renews in late November. I have over 150,000 points, but I'm holding out for a subscription sale to maximize my points.

Digital Snake

Oct 25, 2017
Bless this thread. I've been doing this and basically not paying for games since late 2012. What is everyones lifetime? I'm at 843,392 lifetime. Getting closer to a milli!

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Bless this thread. I've been doing this and basically not paying for games since late 2012. What is everyones lifetime? I'm at 843,392 lifetime. Getting closer to a milli!

Mine is 463,049 lifetime with 363,477 banked right now. I started many, many moons ago and I stopped around the time there was a $5/$10 off Microsoft Store coupon that could be redeemed for super cheap (December 2016). But I only did it on and off and didn't accrue many points. I started it back up again a few months after I got my Xbox One S in Feb 2020 when I learned about the Rewards app on console, around May. I subbed to Game Pass Ultimate for 3 years at the end of July 2020 and basically just been grinding away daily points and achievements until now.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
My Gamepass Ultimate renews in late November. I have over 150,000 points, but I'm holding out for a subscription sale to maximize my points.

I don't think that will come back, as you've been told already. Wouldn't probably be the most point-efficient method anyway, so try this: let the subscription expire and then get 3 month (or 6 if you have them, I only have 1 or 3 months) live gold cards on rewards, up to 3 years if you want, and then get one card of one GPU month so that it converts all that live into GPU. You should be able to get it all with points. In my region with 150k points it should be enough for more than two years (28 nonths at least) GPU time. In the US it should be a lot more I guess.

Example (Europe).- 135k points = 27 live gold months, then get one GPU month for 12k points = you get 28 months for 147k points doing 1:1 conversion.

That's 175 points per day of GPU sub. Not counting any possible free month offer for activating auto renew. I don't think any GPU deal inside rewards has ever been better than that, at least outside the US. Also, it's easy to earn way more than that daily, so GPU really pays for itself and then some, with this method.

Before attempting this, make sure the 1:1 conversion from live gold is still active: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold/upgrade (change url to your region).

I've been relatively little time into this, two years and a couple months, so my lifetime earned is 291k points. Currently at 112k unused waiting to fill my GPU up for around two years when it expires in a couple months.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Hey guys got a question about the 4000 pts for Diablo 2 reward.

When you click through to purchase it takes you to the standard edition but I want the prime evil version that includes Diablo 3.

Will I get points if I go for prime evil?

Thanks in advance if anyone responds.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Update on my total points.
Hey guys got a question about the 4000 pts for Diablo 2 reward.

When you click through to purchase it takes you to the standard edition but I want the prime evil version that includes Diablo 3.

Will I get points if I go for prime evil?

Thanks in advance if anyone responds.
When you click the "Get Diablo 2 Resurrection" icon on the punchcard, it should take you to a select screen of all the editions where you can select the edition you want to purchase, and after buying it should register on the punchcard.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a dumb question and sadly one that's not yet relevant to me. I think there's a limit on how many dollars of points can be redeemed in a calendar year (around $500, IIRC). If someone wanted to convert years of rewards points into a Surface Pro, for example, could they get ~500 in MS credit from points late in December and then another 500 in early January or do they need to space them apart a full calendar year?

Apr 24, 2018
Probably a dumb question and sadly one that's not yet relevant to me. I think there's a limit on how many dollars of points can be redeemed in a calendar year (around $500, IIRC). If someone wanted to convert years of rewards points into a Surface Pro, for example, could they get ~500 in MS credit from points late in December and then another 500 in early January or do they need to space them apart a full calendar year?
I'm pretty sure that I've read that the limit resets at the start of a calendar year on the Microsoft Rewards reddit at one point, but I'm not sure if that's still currently the case and don't quote me on it - I'm sure someone else here will provide you with a more definitive answer.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure that I've read that the limit resets at the start of a calendar year on the Microsoft Rewards reddit at one point, but I'm not sure if that's still currently the case and don't quote me on it - I'm sure someone else here will provide you with a more definitive answer.
Thanks! That's my understanding as well but it seems like there's not a lot of definitive information out there about it.

Brutal Deluxe

Oct 29, 2017
Hope someone can help here. In the rewards app on console there's a punchcard for Far Cry 6. Offers 6000 points if you order the game. My issue is a pre-ordered a few weeks ago before the offer started.
I contacted MS asking the best way to get the points (should I cancel and reorder or can they add points to my account).
their response was they can't add the points as I ordered outside of the offer window but also stated I shouldn't cancel my pre order as I'm under t&c's still. Basically said though luck maybe next time.
Sorry for long winded post but question is will I be able to cancel and reorder without any issues?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Hope someone can help here. In the rewards app on console there's a punchcard for Far Cry 6. Offers 6000 points if you order the game. My issue is a pre-ordered a few weeks ago before the offer started.
I contacted MS asking the best way to get the points (should I cancel and reorder or can they add points to my account).
their response was they can't add the points as I ordered outside of the offer window but also stated I shouldn't cancel my pre order as I'm under t&c's still. Basically said though luck maybe next time.
Sorry for long winded post but question is will I be able to cancel and reorder without any issues?

I don't see why you can't cancel your preorder and do it again. I know that preordering something and cancelling it is a good way to extend the expiration date of any expiring Microsoft balance you have by 30 days. So I really don't see it as an issue. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? Also, digital refunds are a thing so...there's that.

Brutal Deluxe

Oct 29, 2017
I don't see why you can't cancel your preorder and do it again. I know that preordering something and cancelling it is a good way to extend the expiration date of any expiring Microsoft balance you have by 30 days. So I really don't see it as an issue. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? Also, digital refunds are a thing so...there's that.
Thanks. Yeah I think I'm gonna go ahead and request a refund and reorder the game.
The actual wording they used was 'We do not recommend cancelling your purchase as it is still subjected to the Terms of Use of the store you bought them from'. Which is odd cos they'd already confirmed I'd bought it from them!
It's silly of them really because all it means is I will never pre order a game with them again

Dis

Oct 27, 2017

Why can't you cancel the preorder? I did it with diablo 2 remastered after playing the beta for preordering and deciding it wasn't worth full price to me. It was simple to do, literally just clicked some buttons on the website and it cancelled it. I know that was more than 10 days before launch but it should just refund you if you've been charged now anyway.

Their terms allow you to cancel orders for refunds otherwise they wouldn't have it as a simple choice on the webpage......guessing support messed up there unless somehow Microsoft doesn't have the same rules worldwide.

Brutal Deluxe

Oct 29, 2017
Why can't you cancel the preorder? I did it with diablo 2 remastered after playing the beta for preordering and deciding it wasn't worth full price to me. It was simple to do, literally just clicked some buttons on the website and it cancelled it. I know that was more than 10 days before launch but it should just refund you if you've been charged now anyway.

Their terms allow you to cancel orders for refunds otherwise they wouldn't have it as a simple choice on the webpage......guessing support messed up there unless somehow Microsoft doesn't have the same rules worldwide.
As I mentioned above the reason they gave for not cancelling was 'We do not recommend cancelling your purchase as it is still subjected to the Terms of Use of the store you bought them from'. It's weird cos they know I ordered it from them!
I'm gonna go ahead and cancel. How long was it before you got refunded when you did it?

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
As I mentioned above the reason they gave for not cancelling was 'We do not recommend cancelling your purchase as it is still subjected to the Terms of Use of the store you bought them from'. It's weird cos they know I ordered it from them!
I'm gonna go ahead and cancel. How long was it before you got refunded when you did it?

Yeah sounds like they didn't know what they were talking about then as you said you got it from them and their terms say you can, I'd go for it :)

Dingotech

Oct 25, 2017
How long do you normally have to wait for a purchase to count towards one of the bonus point offers?

I bought Diablo 2 around a day after release (using a combo of gift cards and credit card), and the +4000 point offer still isn't checked off on the rewards app.

Should I be contacting them?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How long do you normally have to wait for a purchase to count towards one of the bonus point offers?

I bought Diablo 2 around a day after release (using a combo of gift cards and credit card), and the +4000 point offer still isn't checked off on the rewards app.

Should I be contacting them?
If you contact them, they will respond one or two weeks after, the offer might be gone then (but they can still add the 4000 manually).
When you contact them, tell them the order number of your purchase, you will save another 1-2 weeks of wait between emails.

Dingotech

Oct 25, 2017
If you contact them, they will respond one or two weeks after, the offer might be gone then (but they can still add the 4000 manually).
When you contact them, tell them the order number of your purchase, you will save another 1-2 weeks of wait between emails.

Ok cheers. Do most people wait for it to expire or contact before?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok cheers. Do most people wait for it to expire or contact before?
I had this issue with my Mass Effect Legendary Edition purchase, it never checked the purchase (and the achievement one in the other card).
I waited until the card expired to contact them, to avoid them answering something like "but just wait it's not over". But they took so long to answer (and they don't check the order number for you, they asked for it) that it took two emails but almost 4 weeks to get my points (the achievement one was credited with the first email).

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
I'm traveling and won't have access to my series x for 10 days. However I can play via xcloud. Is there a way for me to finish the weekly Xbox reward app quest (last week it was 3 achievements, check a YouTube video and 50 searches on bing) or is my 20+ week streak broken? I know achievements count while playing on the cloud but have no idea how to check this weeks quest.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I'm traveling and won't have access to my series x for 10 days. However I can play via xcloud. Is there a way for me to finish the weekly Xbox reward app quest (last week it was 3 achievements, check a YouTube video and 50 searches on bing) or is my 20+ week streak broken? I know achievements count while playing on the cloud but have no idea how to check this weeks quest.

You can remote in via the Xbox app (you'd need a controller) or have a friend login to your account for you while you're away.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
There's a 250 point FIFA 22 card which you can obtain by downloading the Trial version. There's an easy achievement by changing to custom tactics in Ultimate Team. Takes a couple minutes and you don't even have to kick a ball. God knows what all the nonesense was when you first start the game. Gladly it can be skipped.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Really wish they'd offer gift cards with a higher amount than 25€ in Europe. It's going to be such a pain in the ass if I end up using my points to buy hardware

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
There's a Forza Horizon 4 card where you need an achievement to get a bonus 500 after activating... I got 2 achievements after activating and it didn't credit the points, whomp whomp.

There's also an October top 10 which I just discovered under "Show All" as well.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
There's a 250 point FIFA 22 card which you can obtain by downloading the Trial version. There's an easy achievement by changing to custom tactics in Ultimate Team. Takes a couple minutes and you don't even have to kick a ball. God knows what all the nonesense was when you first start the game. Gladly it can be skipped.
You can also do the womens team vs womens team. Forgot the mode, but you can do a first to 1 goal. So just do an own goal and that's it.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Going to lose my weekly streak cause i got 3 achievements already for the last one of the "get 3 cheevos" task but none of them are being counted for whatever reason

This sucks

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I did my rewards today, then was on my VPN looking at films in the USA and all the rewards are available again, plus a ton extra (I guess US has a lot more than the UK does).

So I can just do my UK stuff, then VPN on and US stuff? That seems like an oversight! I will get way more points doing this from now on.

Oct 28, 2017
I did my rewards today, then was on my VPN looking at films in the USA and all the rewards are available again, plus a ton extra (I guess US has a lot more than the UK does).

So I can just do my UK stuff, then VPN on and US stuff? That seems like an oversight! I will get way more points doing this from now on.

Careful, I've read people on Reddit saying they've been banned before for using VPNs. I would advise against it.