• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just wasted a bunch of time playing Hunter trying to get a kill. I'm not downloading it and it seems like there's drift on Xcloud when I play, so I can't aim worth a damn. I give up. I'll skip that quest and its 100 points.

Mazz

Nov 11, 2017
Is the app login quest working for you? It always was finicky, but this month there's no way to trigger it. I tried to reinstall the app too, no dice

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
Been playing Psychonauts these past couple days, and absolutely loving it, but it bums me out that I can't get achievements for the MS rewards stuff. Even if it's buggy and barely works half the time, feels like I'm missing out on points lol.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
Just reached 124k points, what is the recommended way to go if I want to go for a SeriesX? Redeem everything into 10€ Microsoft gift cards?
not related to your question but do be careful, with timing your redemption with console availability.

the gift codes expire in 90 days, so try to be very mindful of that.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Psychonauts these past couple days, and absolutely loving it, but it bums me out that I can't get achievements for the MS rewards stuff. Even if it's buggy and barely works half the time, feels like I'm missing out on points lol.
I think the $100 gift cards have a better ratio of points to dollars than smaller ones, so if you want to get a Series X you'd want to aim for as many $100 cards as you can.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would suggest just continuing the grind and waiting until availability improves. While Series X availability is improving, it's not quite there yet, where I'd risk it, personally.
Is it improving though? I've been looking aggressively for weeks for a friend and I've yet to see a single instance of availability that's lasted more than a couple seconds.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
Is it improving though? I've been looking aggressively for weeks for a friend and I've yet to see a single instance of availability that's lasted more than a couple seconds.
I just had a friend in Japan get their Series X a couple weeks, ago, and just recently another friend managed to get theirs from Walmart.

It's not exactly the same, but I got my Series X from Walmart in December and it is what I would describe as "relative ease" lol.

Walmart is your best bet on both consoles if your in the states imo.

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just had a friend in Japan get their Series X a couple weeks, ago, and just recently another friend managed to get theirs from Walmart.

It's not exactly the same, but I got my Series X from Walmart in December and it is what I would describe as "relative ease" lol.

Walmart is your best bet on both consoles if your in the states imo.
Thanks for the tip! Local Walmart or just checking Walmart.com?

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
Thanks for the tip! Local Walmart or just checking Walmart.com?
Walmart.com

The nice thing about Walmart is they do give you ample time before the pre-orders go live. Keep an eye on their twitter, and make sure you have an account setup with all your payment info ready to go.

What happened with me was as I was trying to order my Series X, I was in checkout and the entire website crashed, and when I finally got back in, I got the message of "there is no more of this item" despite the Series X still being in my cart.

Just as I was about to give up, Walmart sends out a tweet, saying that they're doing the restocks in waves and said there would be another batch in 5-10 minutes. So I basically sat on the Series X in my cart, until the restock happened and checked out successfully.

I don't know if they do that every time, but do be on the lookout for that. Myself, and nearly everyone I know who wanted a PS5/Series X and actually got one, managed to get one via Walmart. I don't know how they're different from the others, but it feels like the best spot to go.

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Walmart.com

The nice thing about Walmart is they do give you ample time before the pre-orders go live. Keep an eye on their twitter, and make sure you have an account setup with all your payment info ready to go.

What happened with me was as I was trying to order my Series X, I was in checkout and the entire website crashed, and when I finally got back in, I got the message of "there is no more of this item" despite the Series X still being in my cart.

Just as I was about to give up, Walmart sends out a tweet, saying that they're doing the restocks in waves and said there would be another batch in 5-10 minutes. So I basically sat on the Series X in my cart, until the restock happened and checked out successfully.

I don't know if they do that every time, but do be on the lookout for that. Myself, and nearly everyone I know who wanted a PS5/Series X and actually got one, managed to get one via Walmart. I don't know how they're different from the others, but it feels like the best spot to go.
Awesome, thank you so much for the advice! I was fortunate enough to get both a Series X and PS5 right when they became available before launch, and both from Best Buy. Haven't seen a single instance of real availability since then though. I'll keep an eye out for Walmart and hopefully I can nab one for my friend.

mecaguendeu

Oct 16, 2019
Is there someone else whose weekly punchcard does not appear?

SWkNHVu.jpg

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having trouble getting the Gang Beasts quest to unlock? I've tried launching the game from my console, cloud via browser on console and cloud via android app.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
It worked first time for me on console. I had it installed already. Just got into the menu and refreshed the app.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
How high can those weekly rewards points go? I was on a streak and if I didn't bottle it, I would've gotten 2500 points extra. Just curious :)

Anyone else having trouble getting the Gang Beasts quest to unlock? I've tried launching the game from my console, cloud via browser on console and cloud via android app.
Yes, I tried Xbox Series X and xCloud. Didn't unlock.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
How high can those weekly rewards points go? I was on a streak and if I didn't bottle it, I would've got 2500 points extra. Just curious :)

Its just the same reward repeated. 2,500 points every ten weeks.

I think I got to 70 weeks or something throughout the pandemic when I didn't ever leave the house. Finally broke the streak a couple of weeks ago.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Its just the same reward repeated. 2,500 points every ten weeks.

I think I got to 70 weeks or something throughout the pandemic when I didn't ever leave the house. Finally broke the streak a couple of weeks ago.
Ok thanks. I blame Blacklist for my loss. Was so into the series that I forgot to continue doing the rewards.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
hmm Play Gang Beasts and Play A Game quests wont unlock for me no matter what. Log in and Night in the Woods worked though

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
any word on when we're going to get the next 10k achievements thing?

there have been quite a few games with easy achievements launching into gamepass lately, and I've been saving them and holding them off until it happens. Should be due for one this month right?

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not getting my daily points like I usually get for playing a Game Pass game. I've tried like 5+ Game Pass games and no points have been rewarded. Lame.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just able to get the Mobile login to trigger. Was having issues just a few minutes before though.

Edit: Still can't get Gang Beasts or play a game to pop though.

Edit 2: Apparently there's an outage they are currently working.

Xbox Support

Last edited:

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was just able to get the Mobile login to trigger. Was having issues just a few minutes before though.

Edit: Still can't get Gang Beasts or play a game to pop though.

Edit 2: Apparently there's an outage they are currently working.

Xbox Support

For at least 3 hours it has said:
We're close to resolving the issue

I wonder what their definition of close is. I'm assuming at this point that it'll be fixed sometime before the sun flickers out.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not getting my daily points like I usually get for playing a Game Pass game. I've tried like 5+ Game Pass games and no points have been rewarded. Lame.
Aw crap, is it flakey today?

I'm like whatever on the 15-20 or so points you get for the two dailies everyday, but I just need to make sure I get enough done for the 1000 monthly every month, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Aw crap, is it flakey today?

I'm like whatever on the 15-20 or so points you get for the two dailies everyday, but I just need to make sure I get enough done for the 1000 monthly every month, lol.

Yeah, still not working for me. If you look at the post above you, it looks like there is still an outage for completing game pass quests. This is the first time this month this hasn't worked for me, but here's hoping the outage gets resolved later tonight.

Aminga

Oct 27, 2017
So I spent over $50 on that summer xbox deal and subscribe to xbox game pass ultimate. It says I should have ten dollar credit on the page and has a checkmark next to it but when I go to purchase anything it's not showing up? Anyone got the ten dollars and if so how? What am I missing?

Scarlet Death

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
they won't let me turn in my points because i don't have a phone number. thankfully i can just hoard my points right? or do they expire at some point if i can't use them

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
they won't let me turn in my points because i don't have a phone number. thankfully i can just hoard my points right? or do they expire at some point if i can't use them
You should still be able to cash in the points for Xbox/MS gift cards without a phone number. Points don't expire, gift cards expire in 90 days.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, still not working for me. If you look at the post above you, it looks like there is still an outage for completing game pass quests. This is the first time this month this hasn't worked for me, but here's hoping the outage gets resolved later tonight.
Oh wow, it straight up just says the issue is "completing Game Pass quests" lol.

Yeah, was unable to get my daily "Play Game Pass" quest done, but it did work for the "Login to mobile app" one.

I wasn't able to complete the one for playing Gang Beasts or kill 7 enemies in Evil WIthin either. Oh well...

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020

Big_Salad

Jul 10, 2020
So I spent over $50 on that summer xbox deal and subscribe to xbox game pass ultimate. It says I should have ten dollar credit on the page and has a checkmark next to it but when I go to purchase anything it's not showing up? Anyone got the ten dollars and if so how? What am I missing?

The gift cards get sent by xbox message by September 30th. In the Terms section near the bottom of this page: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/promotions/summer-spotlight