• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

moeman

Oct 25, 2017
For quest completionist, I've gotten 20/45 daily quests. Is there any way to do daily quests for game pass outside of logging into gamepass and playing a game? If I do just those two every day I'll be at 42…

Not you

Oct 27, 2017
For completing punch cards, do you actually have to buy the game or will playing it via gamepass work?

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, today's lighting speed quiz actually only gave you points for right answers! I was so used to just clicking through as fast as I could that I didn't notice. I thought the This or That ones were annoying enough, but if I'm going to have to actually use my brain on all of the daily set items now that will suck.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Shit, today's lighting speed quiz actually only gave you points for right answers! I was so used to just clicking through as fast as I could that I didn't notice. I thought the This or That ones were annoying enough, but if I'm going to have to actually use my brain on all of the daily set items now that will suck.

I can't get today's lightning quiz to work. The quiz doesn't pop up.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, found that out the hard way. Only got 30/40 because I goofed up one.

russbus64

May 1, 2018

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Switched from Edge to back Opera because the former is an absurd battery suck, and within 3 days let my 180 something day streak lapse, which I figured would happen. Oh well. At least my phone lasts a good 30-40% longer than it did before with heavy browsing.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I did yesterday's Game Pass dailies too close to midnight, as they haven't refreshed. Hopefully that hasn't made the 1000 pt. Quest Completionist unachievable, but should be good with 10 days needed without any more skips/issues (25/45).

I've also noticed that the typical daily recipe search no longer adds to your search count. At least that's how it's been in my case this week.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I guess I did yesterday's Game Pass dailies too close to midnight, as they haven't refreshed. Hopefully that hasn't made the 1000 pt. Quest Completionist unachievable, but should be good with 10 days needed without any more skips/issues (25/45).

I've also noticed that the typical daily recipe search no longer adds to your search count. At least that's how it's been in my case this week.

Dailies refresh at 10AM PST

Nov 8, 2017
So I'm in Australia and there was a rewards task where you punch the card then play one of the top 10 games from a list and get an achievement to earn 500points.

I punched it, then I installed one of the games (Fable anniversary) then got the first cheevo in the game. Nothing happened. I can't interact with the reward second step (it just takes you to the list of games) and it hasn't acknowledged I've finished it.

Is this a known problem where x360 achievements won't sync with the quest?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I bought a game in the new sales before a punch card appeared, which is automatic (doesn't require activating, it just tracks what you spend on the sales) but obviously it didn't track the game I purchased before. I probably won't buy anything more but if I got that one tracked I may think about it (spend a bit more and get the 4k points in return). Has someone had this happen before and is there a workaround to get the previous purchase to count towards the punch card?

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm in Australia and there was a rewards task where you punch the card then play one of the top 10 games from a list and get an achievement to earn 500points.

I punched it, then I installed one of the games (Fable anniversary) then got the first cheevo in the game. Nothing happened. I can't interact with the reward second step (it just takes you to the list of games) and it hasn't acknowledged I've finished it.

I also got an achievement for Fable Anniversary and didn't get the card to pop. I thought I'd leave it a day to see if it works but upon trying again this morning I still got nothing. Decided to get an achievement on Gears Tactics and the 500 points unlocked immediately.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020

My friend also had this issue, told him to get an achievement from the Master Chief Collection instead as there's 100's on there and quite a few take less than 10 minutes to get (the one I went for on the 343 Guilty Spark level took less than 1 minute).

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
My Fable anniversary achievement doesn't seem to trigger the punchcard like it should

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Playing Halo 3 in the MCC gets a date achievement today.
And you can do it on cloud if you don't have it installed.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
I bought a game in the new sales before a punch card appeared, which is automatic (doesn't require activating, it just tracks what you spend on the sales) but obviously it didn't track the game I purchased before. I probably won't buy anything more but if I got that one tracked I may think about it (spend a bit more and get the 4k points in return). Has someone had this happen before and is there a workaround to get the previous purchase to count towards the punch card?

They often don't count even after the punch card appears. I've actually refunded purchases and bought them again in a few cases. Sometimes that works, sometimes not, but it may be worth a shot.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
They often don't count even after the punch card appears. I've actually refunded purchases and bought them again in a few cases. Sometimes that works, sometimes not, but it may be worth a shot.

That's what I thought. Well I don't think it's worth it even if I still haven't started the game. Probably won't buy anything else for now.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Anyone know if Microsoft Rewards doesn't like British Summer Time? Anytime we get close to midnight and try to do my dailies, they just refuse to go through - several times I have left it to the end of the day and lost a streak because of it.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if Microsoft Rewards doesn't like British Summer Time? Anytime we get close to midnight and try to do my dailies, they just refuse to go through - several times I have left it to the end of the day and lost a streak because of it.

I quite often forget and do them late (past 11pm) and not had any problems. But the app is pretty trash - it has screwed me over many a time and killed streaks for no good reason and will no doubt do it again. Just got to take the rough with the smooth!

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Bought more than $30 in titles from the Anime Month sale.

Current status: $0/$30

Was I supposed to click on the punch card or just buying it on the store works?

Same with the Ultimate Game Sale

Current status: $0/$40

gdi