• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
I can't get the For Honor quest to track no matter what mode I play or how many players I kill

I got 5 kills in my first match last night and nothing tracked for me. Closed the game and decided to try again today. When I opened the game this morning, the quest popped for me. Have you tried fully closing the game and relaunching?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
If anyone can find a new quick easy way of getting Edge points now the elements pages have been changed.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
fyi for anyone whose interested in still just doing all of this on your desktop.

There's actually a mobile emulation feature inside of Edge. Right click, and go to inspect, and from there you'll see this

unknown.png

I haven't tested yet if this gets you points, I'll test it tomorrow, but if it does, this is basically a life savor for me. my phone is a piece of shit, and according to the MS rewards reddit, it should.
worked for me this morning.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I've been just doing Harrison Ford films but the scrolling through is annoying as it tends to revert to the start of the list rather than keep ticking along. Takes a bit longer than the way it used to work with elements.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Quick question, is there anyway to get GamePass Quests or other Xbox rewards if you only have Gamepass for PC (and a PC?) I do the searches daily but it feels im missing a lot of points

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question, is there anyway to get GamePass Quests or other Xbox rewards if you only have Gamepass for PC (and a PC?) I do the searches daily but it feels im missing a lot of points
Quite a few of the weekly and monthy quests require either a console or at least access to Xbox Cloud Gaming (requires Game Pass Ultimate).

Green

Oct 27, 2017
fyi for anyone whose interested in still just doing all of this on your desktop.

There's actually a mobile emulation feature inside of Edge. Right click, and go to inspect, and from there you'll see this

unknown.png

I haven't tested yet if this gets you points, I'll test it tomorrow, but if it does, this is basically a life savor for me. my phone is a piece of shit, and according to the MS rewards reddit, it should.

It does work. I've been doing it this way for a long time. You can hit F12 then refresh whatever page you're on with F5 to switch it to th mobile view.

I personally use country+points of interest, and then just click through.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Hi, everyone, I got my first Xbox in over a decade this last May and immediately jumped on the Rewards bandwagon.

I'm on an 8 week streak and would hate to break it but I'm going on vacation in a couple of days and I can't bring the Xbox with me.

Is there a way to access the console remotely in order to complete the weekly thing on the Rewards App ?

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, everyone, I got my first Xbox in over a decade this last May and immediately jumped on the Rewards bandwagon.

I'm on an 8 week streak and would hate to break it but I'm going on vacation in a couple of days and I can't bring the Xbox with me.

Is there a way to access the console remotely in order to complete the weekly thing on the Rewards App ?

Yes, you can remote play on it using the Xbox mobile app. But you need to bring a controller with you, you can't control it at all with the touch screen even though you can for Cloud play.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Anyone else having issues with the rewards app not tracking achievements as part of app's weekly quest? Still 0 out of 3 though I have been getting an achievement every day

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
Anyone else having issues with the rewards app not tracking achievements as part of app's weekly quest? Still 0 out of 3 though I have been getting an achievement every day

The last couple times we've had that quest it hasn't tracked the achievements for me, but I can still click to complete the punch card after I unlock 3/3 and get the green check mark.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Oh it's actual remote play ? I thought it was strictly about launching games for some reason.

Thanks, I'll use that

There is a section to select your console and when you click on it you can pick "remote play on this device". Just make sure your settings are in right to allow it, you can't be in low power mode for example.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
I've been just doing Harrison Ford films but the scrolling through is annoying as it tends to revert to the start of the list rather than keep ticking along. Takes a bit longer than the way it used to work with elements.

This is what I do as of right now since I find it easier for me

Bing Search "movies" and a list of movies should show up

I start clicking each movie up until it goes to the beginning of the list.

From there I go to "Cast"(whatever movie was last clicked) and from there I click the cast members until it restarts and hopefully the last cast member I clicked has a "Movies & TV" tab and I click on that which shows which movies/tv shows they've been on.

Rinse & Repeat. Easy searches for me and can be done in a couple minutes

There's also searching for a music artist where there albums show up and you can click on each song from that album.

The Billboard Top 100 is good too, they usually have a lot to click on as well.

Or search up sports teams(NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS etc)

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually doing elements still, and then clicking the sub pages which sometimes leads to weird long list bars of other elements.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Minutes? You can be done in under a minute. I have a special Chrome user profile setup with the iPhone user-agent (For the mobile search).
I just scroll down, click one of the cards, and copy a sentence. Paste it into the search. And then do Click+Backspace+Enter 20 times in a row.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh you actually have to pay a good bit of grounded to get an achievement it seems? Hating this game so far.

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
Does Microsoft only discount GamePass Ultimate sub rewards around Black Friday? Looking to maximize my rewards points.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I can't get the For Honor quest to track no matter what mode I play or how many players I kill
I did in a match against AI. Took a bit to register on the server, but that was easy.

There's 500 pts for getting one of the new achievements in State of Decay 2. But I forgot, every time I play that game, I actually get suckered in to playing it for hours on end. OOPS.

Mazz

Nov 11, 2017
Ugh you actually have to pay a good bit of grounded to get an achievement it seems? Hating this game so far.
I did it in 10 minutes with the scan achievement, I just picked up all the plants/rocks that I found around and scanned them. You can scan a group of, say, 7 rocks and 8 plants and it'll count to 15. If you scan 1 and 1 you're screwed

Zip Stick

Oct 30, 2017
I did it in 10 minutes with the scan achievement, I just picked up all the plants/rocks that I found around and scanned them. You can scan a group of, say, 7 rocks and 8 plants and it'll count to 15. If you scan 1 and 1 you're screwed

Yeah same here. Id probably say 5mins but I had prior experience when it originally came to game preview. I cant wait till its officially released. Love it.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

I found it fun and beautiful until I started to find it frustrating. But I had played like a couple evenings before the last update and when I booted it up the other day I got 3 achievements just after loading my save. So I didn't have to bother anymore, lol. I don't hate it though, I just have other things to play that I think are a better use of my time rather than suddenly dying to random giant spiders and having to retrieve all my shit or -even worse- craft a lot of shit yet again.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
When you get "play 10 different game pass games" you can use cloud gaming to complete this challenge right? It's so much easier and faster than downloading games.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I have surpassed the 91k points to get $100 finally. Let's GOoooOOo.

Still not planning on cashing in any time soon though.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
So does that mean I should be able to complete them at that point? I know there's some weirdness when the month turns over.
Tuesday at 10 AM PST is when the quests reset for the next weekly quests. You should have plenty of time. You can't do it this week bc of the games, but you can usually use xCloud to complete quests when you don't have access to a console.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Oh, interesting.
You know the State of Decay 2 Punch Card?
There's 3 500pt challenges on it. 1 for a specific set of achievements, 1 for renting a zombie movie, and the third for completing the first two.

After activating the card, ANY achievement in the game activates the 500pts for the 'specific' set. Just FYI.