• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
I need another 1450 GS to finish off the 10K challenge. I've done all the easy 1000G listed here already. Does anyone know of any games on GP or EA Play where I can pick up a few hundred or so in each pretty quickly without a huge time investment? I don't care about getting the full 1K. I just want to chip away at this. Thanks!

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I need another 1450 GS to finish off the 10K challenge. I've done all the easy 1000G listed here already. Does anyone know of any games on GP or EA Play where I can pick up a few hundred or so in each pretty quickly without a huge time investment? I don't care about getting the full 1K. I just want to chip away at this. Thanks!

Have you done Bard's tale? Michone? Gone Home? There are a couple of other games that have relatively quick achievements.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
So. I just passed a major milestone.

Or, not even passed. Made sure I hit it exactly. 100,000 Gamerscore!

Man it feels like, yesterday that I was like, idk 60,000. I did waste a lot of time I should be doing this on Dirt Rally, because I had a 1 gamerscore achievement, and getting the achievement for 4G (called "4") took quite a while of grinding. But I may be able to pull this together. I'm at 3,774/10,000 right now because of that.

EsUIb4fXMAA_xqZ
Nice!

My account is 14 years old and I only got 141,000 right now.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Nice!

My account is 14 years old and I only got 141,000 right now.

I think I started in like 2012? Like I think my first achievement is like in forza motorsport 4 (which I still haven't finished haha; damn events list). So hey, not too too crazy different. I was about 50,000-70,000 for a long long time.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!! I've already started Donut Country at least haha.
Do the Surviving Mars mods work on console?

Yes. Just YouTube a video within the last two weeks on surviving Mars achievements and it should pop up. Sometimes the devs stop them from working but new ones get put up by the community.

Apr 24, 2018
I'm a bit envious of anyone that can play games that they don't really like for the points. I tried playing a little bit of NHL '94 Rewind (as someone who actually kinda likes hockey) and as soon as that became a chore I noped out quickly. I also tried playing Hellblade as I was really looking forward to it but the puzzles immediately turned me off.

I wound up mainly playing Yooka Laylee & The Impossible Lair ( was already near the end with minimal points left) and Yakuza Like a Dragon. Great for fun, terrible for getting points. I also started Indivisible since it's leaving Game Pass soon, as well.

I guess I just really value my limited free time these days. In my youngers days, I bet I would have been all over getting the 10k.Instead, I'll barely scrape by 2k when it ends, it seems.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit envious of anyone that can play games that they don't really like for the points. I tried playing a little bit of NHL '94 Rewind (as someone who actually kinda likes hockey) and as soon as that became a chore I noped out quickly. I also tried playing Hellblade as I was really looking forward to it but the puzzles immediately turned me off.

I wound up mainly playing Yooka Laylee & The Impossible Lair ( was already near the end with minimal points left) and Yakuza Like a Dragon. Great for fun, terrible for getting points. I also started Indivisible since it's leaving Game Pass soon, as well.

I guess I just really value my limited free time these days. In my youngers days, I bet I would have been all over getting the 10k.Instead, I'll barely scrape by 2k when it ends, it seems.

There's a few you definitely can have some fun with. Donut County is cute and fun. It's just a good relaxing time.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the 10k and my 30th day as an Xbox / rewards user. 30k in points already! This thing pays for itself and then some!

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Its such an amazing incentive. I get so much 'free' Xbox credit from using it.

Yeh thats nearly £30 of store credit in one month. Totally nuts lol Obviously this one had the extra 10k but still seems easy enough to average 15k a month. Think I'll upgrade to a Series X (from S) when they come back in stock as looks like this will be my main platform for now

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
What games do you play to get that daily achievement task? I've been trying to get it more but some games are harder to get an achievement in and especially when I play a lot of multiplayer games so it's a bit more rare

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question: for today I see -

506 / 3,006
Points earned

How does one go about getting the other 2500?
Probably referring to the Movie & TV Punchcard (buy 3 movies, get 2,500 points).

It's usually safe to ignore the "points earned" maximum number because refers to deals like the above where purchases are necessary.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Probably referring to the Movie & TV Punchcard (buy 3 movies, get 2,500 points).

It's usually safe to ignore the "points earned" maximum number because refers to deals like the above where purchases are necessary.
Ah gotcha, yeah I'm always a good 2K points off everyday so I suppose thats down to purchases...

What games do you play to get that daily achievement task? I've been trying to get it more but some games are harder to get an achievement in and especially when I play a lot of multiplayer games so it's a bit more rare
Try something like Super Lucky's Tale, which has loads of achievements and usually one per level, which are about 3-5 minutes each.

Oct 28, 2020
It's kinda crazy just how many points you can rack up with this. I must have redeemed around £40 worth of credit in the few months that the Series S/X has been out. Feels like in a few years this console will end up paying for itself. Underrated part of this whole thing is how many new games it gets me to try that I otherwise wouldn't bother with. There's been quite a few that I've stuck with after doing the initial challenge for points.

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
How many points can you get a month on average? Can someone give me the best ways to maximize points earning?

Not including the punch cards for buying games and movies. I don't buy much in an average year, usually just play whatever is on GP and watch whatever is on Netflix.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
How many points can you get a month on average? Can someone give me the best ways to maximize points earning?

Not including the punch cards for buying games and movies. I don't buy much in an average year, usually just play whatever is on GP and watch whatever is on Netflix.

In a regular month if you're doing everything (daily check ins on the Game Pass app + play a game), ticking the 50 rewards points in the Rewards App for getting an achievement, I think you should end up with around 11-12K a month, give or take if you do everything every day.

Just the regular Bing searches should get you 8K on its own if you get the 270 points daily.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017

As someone who plays Campaigns and very little MP, natural progression sees me through. Maybe just have a game on the go and try to play a bit each day - most games don't require much to give you something even if it's just a standard story progression/level complete one

Oct 29, 2017
In a regular month if you're doing everything (daily check ins on the Game Pass app + play a game), ticking the 50 rewards points in the Rewards App for getting an achievement, I think you should end up with around 11-12K a month, give or take if you do everything every day.

Just the regular Bing searches should get you 8K on its own if you get the 270 points daily.

Lucky for Americans. In the UK it's only 162 search points per day.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If I'm not earning an achievement through natural progression, I've been relying on Killer Instinct. You can earn an achievement for winning with each individual character, and there are a ton. It only takes a couple minutes to earn one. Forza Horizon 4 is another good one. It takes a bit of an effort to earn some of the achievements, but there have been so many added over the years I feel like I always have something to work towards.

Scott x 2

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I've got about 130k points saved up, looking to redeem them to top up my GamePass Ultimate. Does anyone know what the best way to do this is? Is it just getting GPU or buying gift cards? I'm sure someone probably has already done the maths. I'm in the UK if that helps.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
So that lunch card for The Medium is expecting us to purchase it to earn the points, do we know if downloading it from Game Pass may count?

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
So that lunch card for The Medium is expecting us to purchase it to earn the points, do we know if downloading it from Game Pass may count?

Usually, they do a different punch card of 250 points for just playing a game. Hitman 3 has one that is for 6k (buying it off the store) and another one or just playing it (250 points).

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
anyone wanting to maximize point gaining and needing to get a quick cheevo every day for the daily 50 points, killer instinct and rare replay are great for quick stuff every day

injustice 2 got a couple of quick cheevos you can do in versus mode too, so maybe its better doing that one first since its probably leaving before KI and Rare Replay (if they ever leave at all)

for other games that were avaliable in gamepass it didnt work
but who knows, try anyway, sometimes stuff break

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
120 for mobile? Hmm I only get 60 for mobile. I don't see any option for the extra 60 using widget, though I guess that might be because I'm on iOS?

Maybe its a special offer - I only signed up 30 odd days ago so not sure but yeh 120 for regular mobile searches and an additional 60 for using the widget. Seems weird you only get 60 for normal mobile so most likely just an offer I got when I signed up