• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Super Rookie

Oct 25, 2017
London
Just discovered that if I use my VPN to change it to different countries that the bing rewards are different too and count towards your total, not sure if earning them that way is a banable offence or not

Nov 16, 2017
I did a couple Madden achievements last night. I seriously doubt I'll get all the way to 10K. I did most of my easy games last year and I don't want to add games to my card just for this.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I missed killing a demon in the first level of that Korgan game, after already completing everything else in the prologue.. so I'm missing a single achievement (you have to restart completely for it to register, simply going back and killing him doesn't count for whatever reason). Definitely not restarting it.

6,650/10,000 so far.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Need just under 3k to hit the cap. Glad pc games worked since that gave me 4K pretty quick. Going to try korgan, the gardens between, and maybe day of the tentacle for the last ones

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How do I avoid that game pass pc issue? I want to do the Surviving Mars achievements on it but worried about it messing up my computer since I do some personal work on it.
Cross your fingers. it mainly happens randomly. the "olny" thing that happens is you end up with some used disk psace you can't free up. For one game you can probably live with it if that happens and the risk is low?

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
At the risk of repeating myself, I've looked through and made a bit of a list with approx times to get the ~1k;

Rec room 10mins
5 Nights @ freddys 2 20mins
PixARK 1hr
The little acre 1-2hrs
Full throtle 1-2hrs
Between the gardens 1-2hrs
Edith finch 2-3hrs
NHL 94 2hrs
Korgan 2-3hrs
goat sim 3-4hrs
tourist 4-5 hrs
Carto 4-5hrs
Grim Fandango 4-5hrs
super lucky tale 5-6hrs
hellblade 5-6hrs
deliver us the moon 6hrs

Hopefully will help others

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
At the risk of repeating myself, I've looked through and made a bit of a list with approx times to get the ~1k;

Rec room 10mins
5 Nights @ freddys 2 20mins
PixARK 1hr
The little acre 1-2hrs
Full throtle 1-2hrs
Between the gardens 1-2hrs
Edith finch 2-3hrs
NHL 94 2hrs
Korgan 2-3hrs
goat sim 3-4hrs
tourist 4-5 hrs
Carto 4-5hrs
Grim Fandango 4-5hrs
super lucky tale 5-6hrs
hellblade 5-6hrs
deliver us the moon 6hrs

Hopefully will help others
I would add :-

minecraft with the achievement world - takes maybe an hour to run around the world collecting them all. You can also do it again on the PC version

surviving mars and ark survival evolved with cheat codes (S mars is 10 minutes, Ark is about an hour)
Subnautica also has a 30 minute maka91 guide which gets you all the cheevos in around an hour with a combination of cheats and moving around in the world a little bit.

Wherever i say "cheat" i mean typing in console commands in a terminal to give yourself items or XP to level up.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Shit I need to read this thread more closely. Didn't realize this didn't work for PC games... :(

I just LOVE achievement hunting... not

rustyra24

Jul 6, 2018
I did

Castle of No escape
Castle of No Escape 2
Bullet beat
Where the bees make honey.

I bought these games on sale and they sucked. But it was perfect for this.

plastic love

â–² Legend â–²
Sep 19, 2019
Can't seem to install mods on the PC version of Surviving Mars, seems to be a common problem but I can't seem to fix it.

Edit: I've watched the tutorials, manually inserting the mods and renaming them but it's still giving me error messages.
Edit 2: Fixed. I unsubscribed from the mods, manually added them to the PopMods folder and they were there, enable and achievements started popping!

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I did a couple Madden achievements last night. I seriously doubt I'll get all the way to 10K. I did most of my easy games last year and I don't want to add games to my card just for this.

Before, you would get flogged for having easy games. Now easy games are THE HOTNESS

"So it says here you played Hannah Montana...."

"... uh yeah, there was a Microsoft Rewards promotion. Yup"

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Starting on the list, then it occurred to me that 10K is the equivalent of $10..unless I can complete quickly it is back to playing games I actually want to play lol

Nov 16, 2017
Before, you would get flogged for having easy games. Now easy games are THE HOTNESS

"So it says here you played Hannah Montana...."

"... uh yeah, there was a Microsoft Rewards promotion. Yup"
True that. I remember people getting roasted for having Avatar: The Burning Earth on their profile.

Over the last year I've been raising my TA ratio, completion percentage, and number of completed games to respectable levels. I had hoped this year would be more focused on completions for games I actually want to play. Then again, I used points to get Cold War for $25 and Control Ultimate Edition for $5, and getting a new game for pennies is certainly appealing.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like once I'm spending money on this then it defeats the purpose. If I were interested in the games anyway it would be one thing, but to me the challenge is to get 10k in achievements twithought spending money and then benefiting from that.

Random question - I just got my Xbox on Christmas and I think every day since then I've had a reward of 50 points for earning a single achievement that day. Is that a perpetual thing or a special thing that will end in the near future? 50 points per day is 1500 per month, which is fairly notable.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Haven't made much progress for this yet, but not feeling the heat with there being 20 days on the clock. Seems a win-win as it's prompting me to check out games I had always held off on before. Like The Gardens Between, which is really pleasant so far. Will go for a couple of the easy 1k's across the three weeks but mainly using it as an excuse to dip my toe into a load of games I've been curious about.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
So I got from 0 to 3500 today with Fractured Minds, Roblox, Surviving Mars and Rec Room. Will be doing the daily log-ins for Roblox from tomorrow onwards and then moving onto Subnautica, Super Lucky's Tale, Carrion, Little Acre, PixARK, Carrion and Astrologaster and then I should be good!

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Random question - I just got my Xbox on Christmas and I think every day since then I've had a reward of 50 points for earning a single achievement that day. Is that a perpetual thing or a special thing that will end in the near future? 50 points per day is 1500 per month, which is fairly notable.
It's been going on for many months now so it doesn't seem like a timed thing. It's pretty nice, yeah.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i foolishly decided to install the walking dead collection to get those sweet 4000g but damn i forgot how long the damn game took
funny, when i first played it i thought it was too short, now it seems like an eternity and i know everything it needs to be done already

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Starbound on PC is a super easy 1000 points. All it requires you do is load up a mod. There's a guide for it over on True Achievements.

Thanks, worked a treat and only took 5 mins. Along with Fractured Minds, Five nights At Freddys 2 and Xbox and PC versions of Surviving Mars can't have spent more than half an hour and already halfway to the 10'000.

The next 5000 will come from stuff I actually want to play through, looking forward to the Gardens Between next :)

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Starting on the list, then it occurred to me that 10K is the equivalent of $10..unless I can complete quickly it is back to playing games I actually want to play lol
That's where I stand anymore. I use it as my incentive to try out some short indies (like the Touryst currently or Minit before) that I've had an eye on but never got around to in order to grab some achievements but I don't kill my self over it

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's been going on for many months now so it doesn't seem like a timed thing. It's pretty nice, yeah.
That's good to hear. Even without other stuff the achievement points, quizzes, bing searches and logging in on xCloud should net about 13k a month or so. I may never have to spend real money to keep GPU active and get an occasional game/DLC. GPU is already an incredible deal, but when combined with rewarda it's really impressive.

Oct 27, 2017
Played Fractured Minds. I could relate to some scenarios.

It is very short, you can get through the entire game in 20 minutes and get the 1000G in that time as well.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I finally got the minecraft world working on xbox, my problem was that at some point I entered the beta through xbox insiders, and it is not compatible with any of this.

Theres more detailed directions here for doing it on console. I did the one with downloading the thing through dropbox and running it on a pc while playing on xbox.

Guide for Minecraft - General hints and tips

Page 2 of the full game walkthrough for Minecraft. This guide will show you how to earn all of the achievements.

goonergaz

Nov 18, 2017
That's where I stand anymore. I use it as my incentive to try out some short indies (like the Touryst currently or Minit before) that I've had an eye on but never got around to in order to grab some achievements but I don't kill my self over it
It's weird, I don't have much spare time & I don't need the money...but man I love free money. I essentially pay for the hardware and get all my games on Xbox for free. I do begrudge paying for a rental service like GPU so I guess that helps too lol

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Damn, I missed killing a demon in the first level of that Korgan game, after already completing everything else in the prologue.. so I'm missing a single achievement (you have to restart completely for it to register, simply going back and killing him doesn't count for whatever reason). Definitely not restarting it.

6,650/10,000 so far.
yeah i missed a side quest one too, ha.