• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Can't remember.
It I used promo credit that expires in 90 days, and do a refund..

Does it expired..
Within original 90 days
Reset 90 days
No expiration, 1 year.

Thinking about changing between digital and physical.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Hmm, seems like my Christmas EA Play points are glitched - have got a couple of achievements in Burnout Paradise and a couple in Bejewelled 3 and nothing has come up to show completion of EA Play achievements :/

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Same I can't get any EA games to register. Tried NHL 94 just now and nothing

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is likely a dumb question - but how do you set up auto-renew purchases? Does that have to be done via a Xbox console? I've been earning rewards through the website and xcloud and don't see the option in either spot.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i tried getting quick cheevos on bejeweled and zuma for the ea thingy and it didnt count then i said "fuck it"
then i decided to play madness returns for a bit and apparently on that one they unlocked
things weird

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
zuma and bejeweled have pretty quick achievements. i think i spent 20 minutes tops on both.

alice takes longer, but i had played the game before, i dont remember now if it got simple achievements like "kill the first mob" or "jump once" during the start

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Hmm, seems like my Christmas EA Play points are glitched - have got a couple of achievements in Burnout Paradise and a couple in Bejewelled 3 and nothing has come up to show completion of EA Play achievements :/
Burnout Paradise is how I got my second achievement for it (first was from Unravel 2), but an earlier achievement in NHL 94 did not register.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I got my EA points last week by doing a few minutes of Peggle. I tried a couple other games first but they didn't work over remote play so I had to try Peggle 1 instead. Glad it worked better when I tried, I hate feeling like I wasted time getting a random achievement for these things.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do Punch Cards work with digital codes?

Like, for CyberPunk 2077, for example. Would I get the 6,000 points if I redeemed a CyberPunk 2077 code I purchased from Best Buy?

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Do Punch Cards work with digital codes?

Like, for CyberPunk 2077, for example. Would I get the 6,000 points if I redeemed a CyberPunk 2077 code I purchased from Best Buy?
While I haven't done it, apparently they do work as redeeming the digital code on the Xbox/MS Store counts as "buying" it from there. That is what I've read at least, but I can't confirm.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
OK, so for my FIFA21 issues, it just worked after a couple of days of just changing Custom Tactics again and again.

Regarding my question here about if Auto-renew £5 and the other £5/10/25 card combine, they do, but you can only redeem the cheaper £5 card at the start of each month (wasn't aware of that)

And finally - that Fortnite card is the easiest 500 points I've ever done.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
The auto redeem $5 codes have to be spent in 90 days right? So I can't just use them to stock up $60 a year at a discount right?

Zip Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Another question related to this punch card, wondering if anyone knows the answer. My wife wants to purchase this digitally as a gift (noticed there is no gift option for preorders so will see what happens on day of release), will she get the points for buying it or will i get the points for redeeming it? Or both us get it? We have individual microsoft accounts but have both activated the punch card.

For anyone interested, both profiles ended up getting the 6000 reward points from the gifting from one profile to the other. Result :)

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
So random question and sorry if it was answered before and I haven't seen it, I've been actually doing stuff to earn points now for the last few months, but a little under a month ago I got to 11000 or so points and was planning to claim a month of gamepass ultimate, I knew it was 12000 points but wanted to check what else was there to show a friend how the rewards app works, and the 1 month option was gone and only 3 months was shown, I just figured they changed the reward so only 3 months was a thing now, so a few days later I spent my rewards on a £10 voucher and used it towards cyberpunk, I got the 6000 points for that and I've worked my way up again, but after that I noticed the 1 month reward was back so I decided I'd get to 12k points and grab it before my renewal date, then yesterday I hit 11000 points again and the 1 month reward is gone again with only 3 months to select. So does ms cancel the 1 month reward randomly each month at a certain time? I assume I've just been unlucky but it is so weird to get to 11000 points twice and have the 1 month option vanish haha, any idea how long it's usually gone for? I want to grab it before the 25th if possible :)

FlanjeUK

Apr 20, 2019
So random question and sorry if it was answered before and I haven't seen it, I've been actually doing stuff to earn points now for the last few months, but a little under a month ago I got to 11000 or so points and was planning to claim a month of gamepass ultimate, I knew it was 12000 points but wanted to check what else was there to show a friend how the rewards app works, and the 1 month option was gone and only 3 months was shown, I just figured they changed the reward so only 3 months was a thing now, so a few days later I spent my rewards on a £10 voucher and used it towards cyberpunk, I got the 6000 points for that and I've worked my way up again, but after that I noticed the 1 month reward was back so I decided I'd get to 12k points and grab it before my renewal date, then yesterday I hit 11000 points again and the 1 month reward is gone again with only 3 months to select. So does ms cancel the 1 month reward randomly each month at a certain time? I assume I've just been unlucky but it is so weird to get to 11000 points twice and have the 1 month option vanish haha, any idea how long it's usually gone for? I want to grab it before the 25th if possible :)
If you have an existing Game Pass Ultimate subscription that you're extending, save up to 15,000 points and buy 3 months of Xbox Live Gold instead, it will convert to 50 days of Game Pass Ultimate and extend your current subscription, it's much better value than 12k for 30 days

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
If you have an existing Game Pass Ultimate subscription that you're extending, save up to 15,000 points and buy 3 months of Xbox Live Gold instead, it will convert to 50 days of Game Pass Ultimate and extend your current subscription, it's much better value than 12k for 30 days

Oh cool, I totally forget it can be extended that way, glad it didn't appear again now as I've gotten over 12k points again so 15k won't be far off and probably even by the time I renew or just after so in the long run way better, thanks!

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
This is a sad thread, here in Brazil we get 10 points per day (?) for some dumb mission (just click on a bing search link). 10 freaking points. I have 642 points right now and it should take 111 days for me to reach 1750 points and get a Microsoft Card that is worth 5 Brazilian Reais (which equals 1 dollar. ONE).

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
that's what i thought but can't find it in the game pass/ea play bit, do i go to the store on the xbox instead?

You have to search it in the Store and activate the trial (thus downloading it automatically, I think).

Even if the game is already downloaded you have to activate the trial through the store, otherwise it won't let your start the game.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
I don't remember but I think you might have to go through the EA Play app or just search the Xbox store if it's not there.
You have to search it in the Store and activate the trial (thus downloading it automatically, I think).

Even if the game is already downloaded you have to activate the trial through the store, otherwise it won't let your start the game.
thank you both!

time to lace up my football

shoes

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I figured I had to buy it too. What is the quickest way to get an achievement in that? I have never played a fifa game so I have no idea what a "women's friendly" is or how long that would take to do.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
I figured I had to buy it too. What is the quickest way to get an achievement in that? I have never played a fifa game so I have no idea what a "women's friendly" is or how long that would take to do.

theres one for creating a custom tactic in FUT mode (dont even need to start the match) and one for playing a full friendly with house rules (just set the shortest time for a match and pick any house rule)

theres one for scoring a free kick goal too, but that one is harder if you dont have two controllers to force free kicks for you. damn AI didnt foul me in a good position once

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
So I've thought about doing that auto-purchase option for the $10 gift card, but was curious as to whether anyone else has tried that. It just gives you one gift card on the 1st of the month right? I wouldn't mind doing that for the discount so I have some cash for movies, but I also want to keep most of my balance to save for Game Pass Ultimate subs. I just wanna be sure it won't convert all of my available points into gift cards.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017

Quickest for me was playing the exhibition match as one of the women teams. You can set the halves to be 4 minutes each so after about 9 minutes you're done.

dorikyasu

Oct 27, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
So I've thought about doing that auto-purchase option for the $10 gift card, but was curious as to whether anyone else has tried that. It just gives you one gift card on the 1st of the month right? I wouldn't mind doing that for the discount so I have some cash for movies, but I also want to keep most of my balance to save for Game Pass Ultimate subs. I just wanna be sure it won't convert all of my available points into gift cards.
I signed up for it last month. And on 12/1, it only deducted 8750pts out of my total rewards points balance for $10.
Also, you don't get a gift card or code. It simply auto deposits $10 to your Microsoft account balance. And it expires after 90 days.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
For Fifa there is a mode called ultimate team. You can go there and change one of the custom rulesets or something for an achievement (takes about 2 minutes with all the videos you have to watch to finally unlock that mode)

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
Anybody else having trouble with the Countdown Sale punch card not tracking purchases? The last punch card like this worked perfectly for me as the games installed, but this one isn't updating. Purchased four eligible games (on the sale and not 360 games) and they've installed but I'm stuck at $0/$50.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Anybody else having trouble with the Countdown Sale punch card not tracking purchases? The last punch card like this worked perfectly for me as the games installed, but this one isn't updating. Purchased four eligible games (on the sale and not 360 games) and they've installed but I'm stuck at $0/$50.
For BF some of them I bought took 24 hours to show on card.