• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
I have a question about auto redeem and this seems like the best place.

I've been accumulating points recently and have 27k.

Will it auto redeem them all for the discounted gift card? Or can I only do that once per month?

And do "auto redeem" points need to be earned in the month of redemption?

LuckyLactose

Mar 28, 2018
Microsoft Rewards offers and redemption catalogues vary across regions. Microsoft will gradually introduce the Microsoft Rewards program across the globe. The following is a list of regions and corresponding languages in which Microsoft Rewards is available:
Just a quick FYI: Your list of regions and languages is very difficult to read in dark mode. The font is set to "black" instead of whatever the default is (which changes based on dark mode settings). I think you can hit remove formatting on the text to make it more readable for dark mode users.

OP
OP
Klobrille

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just a quick FYI: Your list of regions and languages is very difficult to read in dark mode. The font is set to "black" instead of whatever the default is (which changes based on dark mode settings). I think you can hit remove formatting on the text to make it more readable for dark mode users.
Fixed it, ty.

I gave the OP some updates.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question about auto redeem and this seems like the best place.

I've been accumulating points recently and have 27k.

Will it auto redeem them all for the discounted gift card? Or can I only do that once per month?

And do "auto redeem" points need to be earned in the month of redemption?
Auto redeem is only for one. Can't stack the auto redeem discount by getting multiple in a month.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
So, auto redeem just, didn't work. Even though I had 8750+ points. It even said goal met, and the little date said December first. I checked yesterday while it was still November 30th everywhere in the world. Anyone else had this issue?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So, auto redeem just, didn't work. Even though I had 8750+ points. It even said goal met, and the little date said December first. I checked yesterday while it was still November 30th everywhere in the world. Anyone else had this issue?

I thought the same thing, but found this from last month: https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftR...question_for_anyone_who_has_used_auto_redeem/

Just received my auto-redeem confirmation email, and the £5 is in my account!

So at least we know now, it processes at a random time during the day on the 1st of the month.

AgonyRon

Nov 27, 2017
I don't understand why you still can do sweepstakes, while actually winning something is not possible anymore. And it turned out that it is not possible since the end of july (in The Netherlands), but why didn't they remove the sweepstakes?

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
I don't understand why you still can do sweepstakes, while actually winning something is not possible anymore. And it turned out that it is not possible since the end of july (in The Netherlands), but why didn't they remove the sweepstakes?
Did something change that would cause them to not be possible?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
There's a 2000 point monthly (or, 2 weeks rather) card

Better than nothing I suppose

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Abu05

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered cyperpunk and didn't get the 6000 points. Also not getting any quest today. Anyone else have this issue?

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I had the log into app one trigger this morning but nothing since then. I think I did two weekly challenges and a few others but nothing. I better not have to do them again

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I couldn't get the racing game quest to unlock, and I've killed at least twenty-five Nazis in Sniper Elite 4 and gotten nothing for that, either.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I've had multiple quests not unlock today, I had a few when they went live but when I did some stuff in FFXV, got achievements, etc it wasn't triggering, so I'm sure there's an issue that's hopefully resolved soon.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
My quests did not unlock either with the exception of the "login on game pass mobile" quest.

tohlew

Oct 25, 2017
When I checked this morning (8:30AM EST) all the quests I had completed yesterday (including dailies and weeklies) were marked as "ready to turn in". It was a nice bit of relief.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Anyone help me with this?

I bought THPS1&2 and Life Is Strange 2 in the Cyber Monday sale but when I try to claim the 5000pts it shows status as only £10/£40.

I bought them separately and noted that I went through the punch card with LIS2 but not THPS, is that why THPS isn't reflected in the status? Have I screwed myself? Is it worth me contacting MS support to try and get them to do something?

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Anyone help me with this?

I bought THPS1&2 and Life Is Strange 2 in the Cyber Monday sale but when I try to claim the 5000pts it shows status as only £10/£40.

I bought them separately and noted that I went through the punch card with LIS2 but not THPS, is that why THPS isn't reflected in the status? Have I screwed myself? Is it worth me contacting MS support to try and get them to do something?
For my Black Friday card, even though I bought them all at once - they didn't fill the card in one go. It took like an extra 24hours to count all the games. Depends how long you've been waiting.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
As I moved to Edge I decided to just use Bing instead. It is considerably worse than Google but I guess searching two or three times just gives me more points so that is a good thing lol Got 205 points today from activities but I am not sure how often they have new ones (I am in Brazil). Let's see how much I can get before buying a Series S.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Its not always instant. I had to wait a day or so for my destiny 2 preorder to get credited. Dont freak out just yet

Zip Stick

Oct 30, 2017
Just bought CP2077.
First time doing a punch card like this. How long to get the points?

Another question related to this punch card, wondering if anyone knows the answer. My wife wants to purchase this digitally as a gift (noticed there is no gift option for preorders so will see what happens on day of release), will she get the points for buying it or will i get the points for redeeming it? Or both us get it? We have individual microsoft accounts but have both activated the punch card.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Warning though, people are redeeming this and getting a 1 month trial code valid for new members only for some reason. Avoid until fixed
Thanks! That's good to know.
I'm at about 33 months left and have a 3 month GPU code I'm waiting to apply, so I'm good for a long time to come.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I wish the service was fairer with the distribution of ways to earn points. In the US, there are all sorts of punch cards that don't require purchases, monthly "bonus round" cards, and other ways to earn points.

Here in the UK, and presumably most other countries too, most of those just aren't listed at all in our Rewards app. Having seen some videos of the extra cards, there doesn't seem to be anything that would stop them being included over here - besides some sweepstakes, and if it's those, just remove the sweepstake part in other countries and at least let us get the reward points.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
Can't get the daily poll to pop up. how do I force it to?

edit: couldn't get it to work on any desktop browser but pops up on my phone. solved

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
If you cancel a preorder that you got reward points for (cyberpunk) do they reset the card? You apparently do not get rebates for preorders. So was thinking of just buying it after it's officially launched. The rebate is $4.20 but also don't want to lose out on the 6000 Reward points for completing the purchase card.