• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
there are basically free 500 points on the rewards app if you do the gears pop thingy. just install it, link your account and you get two cheevos right out of the gate (you need to beat a quick tutorial before being able to link account)

What rewards app and is it available everywhere?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I can't see it either on Spain. Well, now there's no excuse to try that Gears Pop thing out lol. Probably for the better.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
just to be clear, i'm talking about the xbox rewards app on xbox the console, not anywhere else. the little thingy where you click mixer and some other games for 5 points every now and then. theres a gears pop option there, at least here for brazil

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Basically I have about $140 worth of points and trying to get at least $200 to put towards the Series X. As mentioned by others don't redeem the points yet as they expire after 90 days.

Problem is that if they start the preorders too early then you run the risk of either:

A- Won't be able to use your points if you preorder early

Or

B- If you hold off to preorder within the 90 days then you may not be guaranteed a Series X at launch if demand is high.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
there are basically free 500 points on the rewards app if you do the gears pop thingy. just install it, link your account and you get two cheevos right out of the gate (you need to beat a quick tutorial before being able to link account)
Noticed earlier. Got the achievement in the game and ticked but the first part won't tick. I'll give it a few days to see what happens.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I've got the achiev but the download step doesn't register (you know, the option that brings up the QR code to download the game). Any tips?

Edit: same as the poster above me.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Basically I have about $140 worth of points and trying to get at least $200 to put towards the Series X. As mentioned by others don't redeem the points yet as they expire after 90 days.

Problem is that if they start the preorders too early then you run the risk of either:

A- Won't be able to use your points if you preorder early

Or

B- If you hold off to preorder within the 90 days then you may not be guaranteed a Series X at launch if demand is high.
Wouldn't getting another $5 GC reset the timer for all the credit? At least that's what it did when I did a refund of a game with credit. It combined my total credit and was then 90 days from then to expire.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm struggling to find the enthusiasm to take the small amount of time to manually claim the earned daily Game Pass Quests since the points rewards have been lowered. Outside of the discussion to be had about the rewarded amount, I'm wishing the quests would just automatically claim themselves when you meet the requirement, and the toast would just be like "Daily complete! Hold the button to see other quests." rather than notifying you to claim.

Def gonna give feedback.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I downloaded Gears Pop on PC, unlocked an achievement but on the app nothing changed, it still asks me to use the QR code to download the game and unlock an achievement.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
It does state it can take a few days to track so I'm going to wait then contact them if it doesn't pop.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Do you need to activate something to get notifications on the Xbox about when you complete the requirements of some quests? Because I've never got them so I always turn them in in the app or manually visiting the game pass section of the interface.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'm really bad at fighting games but for some reason put Tekken in the download list. Gave it a shot thinking I had no chance. A couple games in it was looking fruitless but managed to get an opponent that was worse than me. Knocked him out twice then fought another dude who seemed quite capable but got lucky and downed him too. Took less time than the FFXV quest too haha.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Do you need to activate something to get notifications on the Xbox about when you complete the requirements of some quests? Because I've never got them so I always turn them in in the app or manually visiting the game pass section of the interface.
I don't believe you have to activate anything - if you have Game Pass and Microsoft Rewards, I think it just should pop with no option for opt-out.

I don't know if it's just because I'm in the Alpha ring of Preview which in recent builds warned of inconsistent notifications, but some past days I get toasts and other days I don't. So I haven't "never" got them like you experience, but some days I def gotta check when I'm curious why a toast never popped and nothing's waiting for me in my App & system notifications when it turns out I def met the requirements when I open the Game Pass quests tab.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Didn't track resources on Terraria very well. Well at least the wood. It seemed fine for clay and stone and dirt. But took forever still.

FFXV didnt acknowledge the mega elixir? I sold for 2000 but managed to get it selling other random stuff to make up the numbers.

There's a map on Doom called Barrel Kill Boost that sorts the 50 kills dead easy.

Is the Black Desert sellswords (which I believe is XP) and Kingdom Come ones easy?

Edit: Black Desert is rough AF. Not a nice game at all. Thankfully that ones done.

Done.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This damn Gears Pop reward isn't popping for me. I've got the 'get an achievement in Gears POP' part of it ticked off but, weirdly, it won't tick off the 'download or launch Gears Pop' bit.

It's worth 500 points!!

Aug 25, 2019
This damn Gears Pop reward isn't popping for me. I've got the 'get an achievement in Gears POP' part of it ticked off but, weirdly, it won't tick off the 'download or launch Gears Pop' bit.

It's worth 500 points!!
That game crashes on my iphone so hard! More like gears poop!
JK but the crashes seriously suck, just play training/proving grounds and you'll get it real quick

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
I lost my 500+ day streak when I went to Mexico. Apparently there's no daily quests in that region. 🤷‍♂️

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm struggling to find the enthusiasm to take the small amount of time to manually claim the earned daily Game Pass Quests since the points rewards have been lowered.

I'm not sure you need to do it with any real urgency; it persists at least past a day, since I've claimed two 'Play a Game Pass Game' quests at once previously.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I'm not sure you need to do it with any real urgency; it persists at least past a day, since I've claimed two 'Play a Game Pass Game' quests at once previously.
I've noticed that, and that's good! Even then, I wish it just claimed itself with how frequent and small change it is compared to other aspects of Microsoft Rewards that requires the users to manually claim points.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey, Microsoft, the US invaded and won over 100 years ago, so at least Puerto Rico should be a side bitch in terms of belonging to the territory. Bring the rewards here.

OP
OP
Klobrille

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You get 6,000 points each by purchasing on the Xbox Store digitally:
  • Ori and The Will of The Wisps
  • DOOM Eternal
Don't forget to activate the stamp in the MS Rewards app on console first.

unbenannt-15djji.jpg

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
There's a new Ori punch card for 250 pts by getting an achievement. But guess what... activating the punch card doesn't register 🤦🏼‍♂️ MS; it can't be that hard for you to fix this persistent issue right?

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Best way to do the Lego Ninjago weekly quest? I heard the Dead by Daylight is a pain so im not doing it.

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017
There's a new Ori punch card for 250 pts by getting an achievement. But guess what... activating the punch card doesn't register 🤦🏼‍♂️ MS; it can't be that hard for you to fix this persistent issue right?
I got this along with Gears Pop. If you message MS rewards support via the accounts page they'll ask for a photo of the punch card and then manually add the missing points to your account.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I got this along with Gears Pop. If you message MS rewards support via the accounts page they'll ask for a photo of the punch card and then manually add the missing points to your account.
Yeah have had to do it many times before. Sigh. Least I'll message them about both now :/

Best way to do the Lego Ninjago weekly quest? I heard the Dead by Daylight is a pain so im not doing it.
Honestly, just play it normal. Make sure you destroy everything about too to get the Gold Brick for filling the studs bar and keep an eye about for secret ones that are just a little off the beaten track. Takes about 30 mins. But the games actually pretty damn good and fun so I really didn't mind and kept playing a bit further. Might even try and complete it ha.

Not bothering with DbD. Didn't like it last time I tried and took ages to find a game. No thanks.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Oh crap, they've taken out Live Gold as a reward in my region. I hope it's temporary only, as it's the cheapest standard reward if you aim for GPU; has it been that way before in other regions?
Also, it's been quite a bit of months since the last hot deal, the only one I've ever seen (in my short time as a "rewarder"). How often do hot deals appear as rewards in other regions?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Play any GP game quest not working for anyone else today? Was being spotty yesterday but tried a few games today and refreshed app to no avail.

edit: working now after 4 game attempts.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Play any GP game quest not working for anyone else today? Was being spotty yesterday but tried a few games today and refreshed app to no avail.
Not working for me either. Feels like the Xbox services have been struggling recently so that might be the cause.

The 'earn a cheevo in Ori 2' punch card started working today at least.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Quick Q: Can I use rewards credit on hardware on the MS store? I have ~18k points atm (decided to stop blowing them on £5 gift cards and let them build up for a bit), and am thinking of putting some credit towards an Elite Series 2 in the next month or so if possible.

I only ask, because I had some credit in my account in the run-up to Christmas and wanted to use it against the Bleeding Edge longsleeve on the Xbox Gear store, but it didn't allow me to.

Should also point out I'm in the UK, in case there are different rules in different regions.

Oct 28, 2017
Quick Q: Can I use rewards credit on hardware on the MS store? I have ~18k points atm (decided to stop blowing them on £5 gift cards and let them build up for a bit), and am thinking of putting some credit towards an Elite Series 2 in the next month or so if possible.

I only ask, because I had some credit in my account in the run-up to Christmas and wanted to use it against the Bleeding Edge longsleeve on the Xbox Gear store, but it didn't allow me to.

Should also point out I'm in the UK, in case there are different rules in different regions.

Yeah, redeem the Microsoft Store Gift Cards and you're good to go. I ordered a headset from them a month or so back after redeeming cards through Rewards and everything went fine.

Edit: Also UK, by the way.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
What do you have to do for the Sea of Thieves weekly quest? I entered the game until gameplay and no shit.
Also the play a game pass game daily isn't working for me for a couple days or more, trying several different games, no shit either. Probably won't get the 1000 points quest because of that.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
What do you have to do for the Sea of Thieves weekly quest? I entered the game until gameplay and no shit.
Also the play a game pass game daily isn't working for me for a couple days or more, trying several different games, no shit either. Probably won't get the 1000 points quest because of that.
Seems the quests are a bit buggy right now, possibly because of the increased internet traffic around the world. It popped when I started an Adventure online with the big boat, open lobby. Many are reporting it being buggy though so it might not pop even if you do the same. I don't think there is an actual consensus available in regards what you should do to fulfil the quest. The quest is sadly poorly made.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
So guys, my Xbox Gamepass is expiring at the end of the month. I don't really have an xbox so I don't want to continue with my ultimate subscription BUT rewards doesn't give Gamepass for PC anymore.

What's the smartest way for me to get Gamepass for PC with rewards? Get xbox gift cards and use those to buy a subscription?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Other than the daily log in, nothing else seems to register here. Has MS responded to there being issues?

Edit: just as I posted daily game and Sea of Thieves popped lol

play 3 different games is patchy at best though. Logged for SoT but not for others I played :/

Last edited: