• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This is very "no fun allowed" but it's their choice, so whatever.
As this thread demonstrates, there are a lot of people that either feel the effort put into a joke could somehow be applied to creating another full game ..somehow.. or cannot appreciate some light humour about dormant franchises that otherwise had no financial chance of being revived at this time.

Some companies did go too far and have kinda poisoned the well in a way anyway. That Google mail one...
I like fake trailers and fake products, it's just dumb fun. Hey, maybe this is the only way you'd see some of these things otherwise.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's one of those things that lost its novelty as more people have become acclimated to internet culture throughout the years. There's literally nothing amusing or clever about it anymore.
Yep, this is me entirely.

They used to be fun, clever and worth seeing.

But now like...everyone does them, it's lost its novelty and most are low effort, boring and just not worth it.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
oM7BnON.gif

My personal favorite Simpsons moment. Greatest prank of all time.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So many funny jokes came from this, so it's sad to see it go for such a fickle reason.

Of course it's a hit or miss situation, but it only takes having emotional stability to deal with them. Why can't people have at least that?

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Didn't know there were so many humorless people in this forum.

It makes sense the same company that removed Easter eggs from their software would do this.
Really? You get banned for calling people out on being ridiculous on here. I like the April fools stuff. Especially the stuff that comes from Japan. I still remember that Virtua Fighter one where they were shooting fireballs. Good times.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Maybe they're announcing Halo MCC on Switch April 1st and they definitely want to make sure there's no confusion on matters? ;)

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Question for all the people upset about fake game trailers: outside of Fighting Layer EX, which came out & no one bought it, how many times has an April Fools game trailer actually been something people want?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some April Fools gags can be really cute and funny. I still remember the one Capcom did a few years back about a version of Daigyakuten Saiban combined with Sherlock Hound:

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Seems like a great preparation for a huge fool's day prank. Now noone is expecting a prank so they can deliver a good one. Excited.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The only April's Fools that annoy me are the ones that are actual good ideas I know we won't get, like the time FE JP ran a retro style announcement.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
They already prank us with that "we are gonna make the windows store great for gamers" statement months ago...

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Inappropriate content
Mod Edit: Inappropriate GIF removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like a great preparation for a huge fool's day prank. Now noone is expecting a prank so they can deliver a good one. Excited.
lol That would be quite the set up.

Or watch the news comes out saying, "Microsoft lays-off hundreds of employees for breaking April Fools ban!" and everyone is like, "Huh? Oh lol good one, Microsoft!" And then we realize it was actually true and the irony of their April Fools ban to prevent unwanted news cycles comes full circle.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Just lowering everyone's guard to really get us good on April 1st. Well played Microsoft

gschmidl

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Good, AFD pranks outstayed their welcome a decade ago.

Nov 18, 2017
If your only experience of April Fools Day is via online-culture interactions then you've missed out, sorry.

I had some fantastic April Fools pranks back in the day with friends and family.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Sensing a few people in this thread had pranks played on them that have left a mark or two.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Cool. Stupid lie day is stupid. Especially since that's basically every day nowadays anyway.