• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

The Xbox Insider twitter has asked users for feedback on gaming on Windows 10.

So non-Microsoft Store related gaming issues or feature requests on Windows 10 are also part of this.

Team Xbox would love to hear how you'd like to see gaming on Windows improved. How can Windows 10 enhance your gaming experience? What features would you like added or changed to make gaming on Windows 10 even better? Create suggestions, vote for suggestions, and leave comments below!

*What do you want Windows to do (or stop doing) while you're playing a game?
*What can Windows do to optimize your gaming experience?
*What other gaming features would you like to see?

Last edited:

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stop locking games behind the Windows Store, no one wants it. Just publish your games on as many platforms as possible.
Support Vulkan.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
FIX STUTTERING

Make the store able to perform the incredibly complex task of Downloading A Videogame without crapping out

Stop trying to lock us out of accessing Store games files.

In fact, scrap the bullshit that is UWP. It has zero (0) redeeming qualities. Zero (0) benefits to the consumer. Go win32.

Stop publishing (some of) your games only on the Store. Put them on Steam.

Embrace Vulkan and stop the Has-No-Advantage-Over-Vulkan-Except-Fuck-Open-Source-Lol DX12 nonsense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Stop locking games behind the Windows Store, no one wants it. Just publish your games on as many platforms as possible.
Support Vulkan.

And today we talk to Sinfamy about things that won't happen..

With Microsofts recent push for pc gaming (Gears Tactics, Age of Empires 4, Play Anywhere, acquiring studios like Obsidian and inXile) I don't see them backing down.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Support Vulkan.
Well the games used to be locked to console only, at least there's an option now for playing these games on PC even if it's a bit shitty right now. They invest in first party games primarily to grow their own eco system.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
Put your games on steam or fix your broken ass excuse for a store, other than that its mostly good as is maybe reducing standby ram or clearing it when a game luanches would be good

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Release your games, especially the Play Anywhere ones, exclusively for Epic Store. Get the profits that you really deserve instead of the 30% from Steam.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I would rather to buy a Xbox to have to use Windows Store, probably it's their plan

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
...wait do peope think this thread is the feedback thread?

its like talking to wall if you just post demands here lmao

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
I don´t care that they have their own store.

Remove UWP and move to win32.

That´s what it is going to take for me to buy their games. And i told them that on that site. Probably won´t happen though, because they have known forever, that that is what a lot of people want. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Let´s see if that suggestion will even be put up for voting by the admins there or if they just want people to vote on "neat" ideas.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
How about step 1, put your games on an actual store that works, like steam. Steam already figured out solutions to many problems. If you aren't going to copy their features for your own client then just put the games on steam. Being able to verify files isn't a new concept.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest thing Microsoft could do is to solve the problem of all of the launchers. Why do I need a stupid store launcher to open when launching a game.

Everything should be just part of the application itself. I guess that is what Microsoft's new app platform is for, just needs to improve. I like the new MSIX installer that they released a few months back.

Anyway, I expect this thread to turn to shit. So have fun guys.

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017
Stop treating like a console. Drop the walled garden mentality and the encrypting/restricting access to files (UWP) for a start - I know, not gonna happen.

If you are going to insist on using your store (instead of better ones) for your games, try to make at least able to download without issues. And please stop the integration with Windows itself that just complicates things like even a basic update.

Don't make Windows start butting in on games with "Games Mode" without making it easy to disable it.

And realize some of us remember the fiasco of Games for Windows so you have to work to earn some "goodwill" back.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Since we are having a "dream" session here.

Rollback all windows development to the last working windows 7 build without all the anti-privacy stuff in it and open source it.
Ditch direct x and make the games use open libraries instead.
Release the games on steam and also make linux builds :)

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The ability for Windows to detect when a game is running and disable the Windows key would be nice. My keyboard has a gaming mode key combination that disables it, but Windows should have an option to do it automatically.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Drop UWP. Win32 for life. Release your games on stores that aren't a pile of crap.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Fix the store, Ibcsnt Belieber how many downloads have failed there's for me, and for really heavy games.

Mostly that, I don't care about steam as long as installing, playing and desinstaling games works correctly.

Dec 15, 2017
Microsoft in Reset Era: Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

Honestly my only requests would be:

- Bring Xbox One BC to the PC for those Xbox and 360 games that do not have a PC port.
- Make a separate gaming store for high end games. For the casual user it can be quite confusing to see Forza Horizon 4 alongside Spotify, Netflix or cellphone games.

With all its faults I am grateful for Microsoft's initiative of putting their games on the PC. The Killer Instinct PC announcement was one of the best moments of this gaming generation for me, and then Forza. Some of my most played games this gen were windows store games, and no way in hell I would buy an Xbox or a console for a handful of games. Sony and Nintendo could follow suit... even with the caveats of the MS store or worse I would tolerate their stores on the PC.

Last edited:

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
...wait do peope think this thread is the feedback thread?

its like talking to wall if you just post demands here lmao
Yes, we are all stupid and think Microsoft is reading this thread. It's not because we tend to voice our opinions about videogame stuff in a website dedicated mainly to create discussion about videogame stuff, regardless of whether these opinions are read by the devs or not. You're totally right and are smarter than everyone else.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
If Microsoft is going to stick to Play Anywhere and an exclusive store, they need to develop a completely separate, dedicated Xbox app with Steam like features and functionality.

It really isn't that complex of a feedback.

The Windows Store is beyond saving because it wasn't built for large gaming downloads and the Windows Store team is clearly not going to completely rebuild it from the ground up for the Xbox team.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
The ability for Windows to detect when a game is running and disable the Windows key would be nice. My keyboard has a gaming mode key combination that disables it, but Windows should have an option to do it automatically.

I haven't been using windows in a couple years, but also disable the F***** sticky keys when you press shift three times in a game for running.. I remember that was probably my biggest beef while ingame on windows.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who plays a lot of Sea of Thieves and Minecraft I hope they keep improving their store. Steam is a nice dream but I'm not holding my breath. can't say I've had the multitude of issues many complain about with the store or how it functions but it's too many complaints to not be true. Constructive criticism won't be found here though that's for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice if the windows store/UWP layer of the OS could detect my Samsung 840 Evo like the legacy windows 10 layer+literally every other games client/program I have installed on my computer. 'Ya friggin clods.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The windows store has never given me any issues and their games run prefectly on my machine so I don't really have any advice to give. you're good just the way you are to me, micro :D

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
The Windows Store is not suitable for massive 30GB+ games like Gears of War 4. If you insist on locking your games behind UWP, at least make a dedicated gaming client for your titles that can properly handle triple-A games.