• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 25, 2018
I believe Amazon Fire tablets work for this (you need to sideload, which takes to minutes to google) if you are looking for a cheap tablet.

Alternatively you can pickup a cheap Chromebook to play on that

In both cases you should be able to connect your controller via bluetooth
I asked this in the PC thread, but does a wired connection also work? Only XB1 controllers I have are the pre-Bluetooth ones? Have a type-C to micro B cable on the way.

Oct 25, 2017
I believe Amazon Fire tablets work for this (you need to sideload, which takes to minutes to google) if you are looking for a cheap tablet.

Alternatively you can pickup a cheap Chromebook to play on that

In both cases you should be able to connect your controller via bluetooth
Thanks
Do you know if any tablets allow for the attached controller grips like phones do? My goal is to make it like a switch to lay in bed or on the couch

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Full list of the games coming tomorrow.
Pretty big.

news.xbox.com

Cloud Gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Launches with More Than 150 Games - Xbox Wire

Today, I’m pleased to share the initial launch line-up of more than 150 games that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can play via the cloud in 22 countries starting September 15 at no additional cost. You will find a fantastic, curated selection of games available in the Xbox Game Pass library...

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This seems very basic, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, do my cloud saves carry over from my games that I'm currently playing to Xcloud? If I started playing Wasteland 3 on my phone tomorrow, does it carry over from my last save on XBOX?

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
This seems very basic, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, do my cloud saves carry over from my games that I'm currently playing to Xcloud? If I started playing Wasteland 3 on my phone tomorrow, does it carry over from my last save on XBOX?

Yes - MS has had cloud saves for a while.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yes - MS has had cloud saves for a while.

Right...but it doesn't work for every game between PC and XBOX. In fact, it seems to be a pretty small percentage of games, and Wasteland 3 is one of those that does not have cross save yet, so I'm wondering if it will work for every game between console/pc and xcloud.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has any good concensus been reached on the best peripherals? I was excited about the Switch-like systems but I didn't hear good things about them.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
so this is a list of games that are not launching on xCloud that are currently on Game Pass:

a lot of japanese titles I notice off the hop.. and all Xbox 360 titles

Sega is still there... but Square? Namco? their games are not on the service at all

some of the omissions are wild to me considering they are XGS published. Some of them I assume they aren't because mobile versions exist... which might be because of Google or the devs themselves. I guess quantum break was an issue due to the live action scenes?

Ace Combat 7
Alien Isolation
Alvastia Chronicles
Bad North
Cities: Skylines
Costume Quest 2
Disneyland Adventures
Dragon Quest XI S
eFootball PES
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy XV
Gonner Blueberry Edition
It Lurks Below
Jump Force
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kona
Max: Curse of the Brotherhood
Minecraft (???)
Monster Hunter: World
My Friend Pedro
Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker
Outer Wilds
Pandemic: The Board Game
Payday 2
PUBG
Quantum Break (??????????)
RAGE 2
Rare Replay (??????????????)
Rocket League (??????)
Rush: A DisneyPixar Adventure
Ryse: Son of Rome (?????????????)
ScreamRide (???????????????????????)
Soulcalibur VI
State of Decay: Year One (?)
Sunset Overdrive (????????)
Super Lucky's Tale (???)
Sword Art Online
Tekken 7
Ticket to Ride
Vambrace: Cold Soul
Wargroove
Westerado
What remains of Edith Finch
Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Yooka-Laylee
Zoo Tycoon

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I didn't check your whole list but The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt is in, not out.
Weird about Minecraft (noticed it as well) but probably it's because they already sell it on Android and it's probably profitable.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Right...but it doesn't work for every game between PC and XBOX. In fact, it seems to be a pretty small percentage of games, and Wasteland 3 is one of those that does not have cross save yet, so I'm wondering if it will work for every game between console/pc and xcloud.

You're just playing on Xbox consoles in the cloud so it'll move around. PC to Xbox requires the game to be Play Anywhere for that function to work.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Personally I played at least 10 games on both xCloud and Xbox console during the beta and every single one had cross progression and cross saves.

Everything I did on xCloud carried over to Xbox and vice versa. They said every Game Streaming game will have this feature :)

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
A few of my friends are really excited about streaming. I can't get exited about streaming, Im sure I'm not the only one? Someday in the future it will be the only way but for now I prefer to sit in front of a large OLED screen for the best PQ. Anyone else feel this way. Maybe this is the wrong thread, just curious.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
You're just playing on Xbox consoles in the cloud so it'll move around. PC to Xbox requires the game to be Play Anywhere for that function to work.
Play Anywhere is just the cross-buy licensing branding. Games can have Xbox Cloud Saves without being branded as Play Anywhere.

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Personally I played at least 10 games on both xCloud and Xbox console during the beta and every single one had cross progression and cross saves.

Everything I did on xCloud carried over to Xbox and vice versa. They said every Game Streaming game will have this feature :)

Awesome.
My only real use case for this is slow days at work and those a pretty few and far between, but being able to continue a game, that I was playing at home, on a slow day at work seems pretty alright to me.

FLUXCapacitor

Oct 25, 2017
I've been super jealous of Android users cause of xCloud. I think this may actually cause me to switch from iPhone after many years. Anyone recommend a budget frenziedly Android phone for Verizon that works well with xCloud?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Thank fuck Slay the Spire is in. Plus the games I'm currently playing on Xbox too.

Some of the games on the list is because they're leaving the service entirely soon (like dirt rally 2.0 or Dishonored 2).

beamlith

Aug 31, 2020
There was a preview thing, this beta is just for anyone who has Ultimate. I can't wait until they add all the games. Sure Yakuza will be great on my phone. If I can play FH4, I'm sure that will look nice since the pace is much slower. Things can get pixelated when you're going 160 mph 😂
I just really want B-K, since I still can't play it on a Switch yet. I've been having a blast playing Destiny 2 so far on Xcloud. It works super well imo.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
xCloud fully supports cloud saves syncing between console.

Your saves will sync from the PC version of the game too, but only if that PC version also syncs with console.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
xCloud fully supports cloud saves syncing between console.

Your saves will sync from the PC version of the game too, but only if that PC version also syncs with console.

Yeah! This is killer. I just realized this with Halo MCC. I play mostly on PC, and had a Halo 2 Campaign checkpoint. When I signed in to game streaming on my phone this morning, I was able to continue my Halo 2 checkpoint. Was pretty slick. I imagine I can now jump back on PC after work and do the same.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this supposed to be live now? How do I access it?

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
The picture is fine with 5ghz now but there is a solid second of lag between inputs for me.

I am using a DS4 connected to my phone via BT so that could be part of the issue

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have to have a controller connected for the cloud option to show up? I only have Console and PC

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I need to use the regular gamepass app now and not the gamepass beta app? Or do I need to keep using beta app for xcloud

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome.
My only real use case for this is slow days at work and those a pretty few and far between, but being able to continue a game, that I was playing at home, on a slow day at work seems pretty alright to me.
Yeah - the servers in the cloud are literally 4 Xbox One S's jammed into a server blade. Same silicon and everything. The only difference is the case, and an extra hardware widget to take the video output from the One S and transcode it into...something...that can be streamed to your phone.

Next year the plan is to upgrade the servers to be Series S's.

It's a really neat* solution IMHO

*As ever the "problem" is between console and PC where Xbox are working hard to merge two very separate gaming landscapes. Hence some of the posts about play anywhere versus cloud saves versus "xbox games on PC"...it's a bit of an unavoidably confusing mess.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks all, got it. I downloaded the app, but then you also have to update it after downloading it....

Goldenroad

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just realized my work internet is topping out around 5Mbps, so *womp womp*. I'm not sure I can justify paying an increase on our internet bill so that for a couple hours a month I can stream a game while I'm bored at work.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The different apps are a bit confusing :)
Anyway, I set it up with JoyCons as controller but now the layout is fit to a Nintendo layout (e.g. confirm is A, fighting layout in Battletoads different).
Anyone know how to change this?

Overall, I have to say that I am impressed by the service right now. The app works pretty smooth and I barely felt any lag when playing Forza Horizon 4. Only the sound had some issues/low quality.
In Battletoads, the fighting felt a bit weird but I guess that was because of the mixed up controller layout because of the JoyCons.

Hats off to Microsoft, they are actually delivering on the vision that I dreamed of and hoped Sony would implement after they bought Gaikai.
With 3 years of Gamepass Ultimate, I am set for the next gen offerings by Microsoft. Only need to fix my JoyCon issues, because the sticks are additionally not working in analog mode right now :/
SoI hope either the PC streaming client comes soon or Apple will finally let them on iOS.

Last edited:

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
So now that this is live, what's the fate of streaming your home console to your device? Is it still locked behind the xCloud beta app? Is it eventually moving to the xbox app?

Zip Stick

Oct 30, 2017
SoI hope either the PC streaming client comes soon or Apple will finally let them on iOS.

I tried streaming on pc last night using the Bluestacks android emulator. Worked alright and could use my wifi 360 joypads. I did notice the compression a lot more than when using my OnePlus but that could be because im sat right in front of the screen and noticed it more.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
It works pretty great.
I'm in an unsupported country, so I have to start the app on VPN, but after that it works fine.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
So now that this is live, what's the fate of streaming your home console to your device? Is it still locked behind the xCloud beta app? Is it eventually moving to the xbox app?
Yea, I'm curious too. I imagine it eventually moves to the Xbox app. But, they might just have it live within the Game Pass app - to drive traffic there and to consolidate the idea of "mobile console gaming lives here in this app"

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Had awful lag and tearing with Minecraft Dungeons. It soured what should have been a cool intro to it for my son. It was utterly unplayable, on top of these 'interesting' touch screen controls. Quite disappointed that the experience can swing from 'great' to 'utter shit' on a 5ghz network.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Yeah, but that's for PC where the PC version has to natively support all the features to be able to allow cross play, cross save etc.

Xcloud is a console running on the cloud, so everything just works seamless with the console.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, sometimes I get the slow internet sign when my Wi-Fi is pretty fast and my phone is the only thing streaming something. Then with the games, some of them look awesome, while others can get really pixelated. It's like the more things on screen, the worse the image. 2D games and slower paced ones like Tell Me Why look great. Meanwhile, all the fighting games are kinda ugly.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017

Not sure, haven't seen any news about it. I think it makes sense to move it to the Xbox app over the Game Pass one, but we'll see sooner or later.

Personally, I want the Xcloud Windows 10 app to be available for beta ASAP.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played some more, had quite a bit of artifacts today and one lost connection with the app not recognizing the controller for a moment afterwards.
Fortunately, it got right back into the race I had without losing progress.

This session was not as impressive as yesterday but it's still in beta.

I tried streaming on pc last night using the Bluestacks android emulator. Worked alright and could use my wifi 360 joypads. I did notice the compression a lot more than when using my OnePlus but that could be because im sat right in front of the screen and noticed it more.

Not a huge fan of Bluestacks, used it quite a bit for a while for a mobile game.
Don't want to install it.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure, haven't seen any news about it. I think it makes sense to move it to the Xbox app over the Game Pass one, but we'll see sooner or later.

Personally, I want the Xcloud Windows 10 app to be available for beta ASAP.

Same here. I've seen some videos of people loading Android apps on Windows 10 but the hoops to go through isn't worth the lag or poor streaming quality.