• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59803

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 6, 2019
Using s10e and TalkTalk Faster Fibre (40down, 15up) with Huawei hg633 router.

Default config did NOT work well, so I updated the router to Enable Band steering. This push my s10e onto the 5GHz band (I had no idea my router had 5GHz banding due to this being disabled by default). And now it works phenomenally. Absolutely love it.

I've been using PSNow cabled to my router and it's the same experience really. As an extension of my hobby, I love streaming. Especially considering I no longer own Xbox hardware!!

Oct 29, 2017
Well, I still suspect it to be a subset of the entire Ecosystem. These games probably all have to be licensed for streaming. Hopefully Microsoft has been doing those kind of deals for a long time in preparation of this stuff.

Honestly it feels like a great reason to go all-digital from here on out. I'm still buying a mix of disc and digital games but if/when my entire digital library suddenly is accessible through cloud... game over for physical.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I have a s10e and it works really well. Using 5GHz at home it's almost flawless. Using subway wi-fi it's not bad, but I wouldn't be able to play a twitch based shooter with it.

The PowerA clip I bought came in earlier this week, and it also works great with the Xbox controller/my phone.

I'm really pleased with this so far.

Last edited:

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I'm at an airbnb right now that only has 2.4 wifi, but it works well enough unless trying to use a sniper in Halo.

Hopefully in a few years with 5G this can go truly mobile.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Feel like an idiot for asking this, but I've tried to resolve myself for about an hour, and have exhausted both the internet, my console settings, and the Beta App.

At this point I'll take the humiliation for what I'm sure is an easy answer, in exchange for a resolution!

My situation
I have owned at this point at least three Xbox Ones.​
One was given to my family when I moved abroad. I bought one on arrival as a replacement; this one was given to a friend when I bought my One X. And since then, the One X is my current home console.​
My problem
On the app, I can see two of these - my current One X console, plus one of the Ones I gave away (not sure which).​
Games I know to be downloaded on my active One X, I can't seem to stream. It asks me to download them.​
When I go to download, it tries to do so to one of the regular Xbox Ones I gave away.​
I can't seem to find any way to:​
  1. Remove the old Xbox One from my subscription
  2. Confirm the One X is the active console
  3. Stream accordingly.
Can anyone help?​

Sorry for turning this into an IT helpdesk thread; like I said, throw as much humiliation my way by return if that helps compensate!

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like an idiot for asking this, but I've tried to resolve myself for about an hour, and have exhausted both the internet, my console settings, and the Beta App.

At this point I'll take the humiliation for what I'm sure is an easy answer, in exchange for a resolution!

My situation
One was given to my family when I moved abroad. I bought one on arrival as a replacement; this one was given to a friend when I bought my One X. And since then, the One X is my current home console.​
My problem
On the app, I can see two of these - my current One X console, plus one of the Ones I gave away (not sure which).​
Games I know to be downloaded on my active One X, I can't seem to stream. It asks me to download them.​
When I go to download, it tries to do so to one of the regular Xbox Ones I gave away.​
  3. Stream accordingly.
Can anyone help?​

Sorry for turning this into an IT helpdesk thread; like I said, throw as much humiliation my way by return if that helps compensate!

You can manage your devices here (account.microsoft.com/devices) and remove which ones you no longer use. I would also log in to your XBX and make sure it's labeled as your primary console. Edit: Home console

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017

My situation
My problem
  3. Stream accordingly.
Can anyone help?​

Just to note on this bit, this isn't so you can stream games you have installed on your console, it's so you can stream games that are in the cloud on their server blades. You need Gamepass Ultimate to do it.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Question - if you have DLC for a game does it recognize it when launching from xCloud? (I.e. Forza expansions?)
I was able to play the Lego expansion in Forza Horizon 4, so apparently yes, although I was really surprised it was the case. I guess that means their server blades have DLC packs installed?
When I launched Batman, a game I hadn't played in a long time, it actually popped up and said checking for DLC. Then it said downloading DLC. Functionally, I don't think it's any different than literally having an Xbox.
I wonder if the eventual endpoint is letting you download and play any game you have a license for, not only Game Pass games that are pre-installed on MS's servers. That would be really incredible.

Yes in general - if you own DLC for any game supported in xCloud / Game Pass cloud gaming - you will be able to play that DLC while streaming 😊

Here is the support documentation published for the Game Streaming Public Preview, which is somewhat still applicable here:

While Project xCloud (Preview) will let you play any DLC you've previously purchased for the titles supported during the preview, you might find that certain cosmetic items you've previously purchased, like skins and emblems, may be missing in certain titles.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone now if console streaming will still exist? Was that limited to the preview app or will it be in the XGP App too?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

My situation
My problem
  3. Stream accordingly.
Can anyone help?​

Keep in mind this is for cloud streaming, not console streaming.

Does anyone now if console streaming will still exist? Was that limited to the preview app or will it be in the XGP App too?

They mentioned a while back that they're looking to revamp the current Xbox app. I'm assuming they'll have 2 apps going forward, Game Pass and Xbox, with console streaming and eventually xCloud streaming of non-Game Pass games happening in the Xbox app.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
[Edit: Kindly tried to help]

Thank you all.

You know what, I think this might be a regional issue. I was able to download the preview app and it said 'not available in your region'.

I was also able to download the new Gamepass Beta app, and I simply don't have the 'Play' option anywhere.

So I think this might be due to where I live more than anything else.

Thank you all for trying though; it looks awesome and I really hope it comes live here in the not too distant future!

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

My situation
My problem
  3. Stream accordingly.
Can anyone help?​

Probably just remove the old ones from the account
account.microsoft.com/devices

also

Go to settings.
Select console system and updates.
Highlight the "Name"
In the menu press LB - RB - LT - RT

Go to Reset Home Console

undecided

Oct 27, 2017
I dug out my old Nexus 7 (2013) due to being all in on the Apple ecosystem.

Once you actually get in game, the beta runs surprisingly well even on that ancient hardware.

I look forward to trying this out on something decent and hope that the Apple pressure continues...

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered a Steele Series controller and Clip. Can't wait to get it tomorrow. Think I'd rather use a controller mount instead of something that makes my phone look like a Switch.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
God the latency is incredible

The great thing is, it'll get better when they move to XSX SoCs. The new hardware has a new hardware stack that focuses on making latency as minimal as possible and polls the controllers constantly vs at intervals and that'll extend to xCloud.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I dug out my old Nexus 7 (2013) due to being all in on the Apple ecosystem.

Once you actually get in game, the beta runs surprisingly well even on that ancient hardware.

I look forward to trying this out on something decent and hope that the Apple pressure continues...

This is reassuring. I'll dig around, see if I have my son's old moto g. Whats the minimum android version needed ?

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
The great thing is, it'll get better when they move to XSX SoCs. The new hardware has a new hardware stack that focuses on making latency as minimal as possible and polls the controllers constantly vs at intervals and that'll extend to xCloud.
Has there been any word on when that's happening beyond "2021"? The service is stunning but blowing the 720p image up on a TV reveals a lot of its visual shortcomings (though of course it's not currently designed with that in mind)

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word on when that's happening beyond "2021"? The service is stunning but blowing the 720p image up on a TV reveals a lot of its visual shortcomings (though of course it's not currently designed with that in mind)

They are testing a PC app that streams at 1080p/60 right now so there's that at the very least.

Nothing but speculation and rumors at this point at when they're going to actually make the updates to the data centers. It would be nice if they would detail what that roll out is tentatively going to look like.

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017
Any tips to boost performance/reduce input lag? Like ports to open etc? I mean I can play Stadia perfectly on my wifi (5ghz) and over 4G with a Samsung A51. Or is this just so far behind the near local-like performance of Stadia?

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
The Game Pass app isn't available to download in my country. Any possible workaround? I tried a vpn app and changed my location to US and still wasn't able to download.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
The Game Pass app isn't available to download in my country. Any possible workaround? I tried a vpn app and changed my location to US and still wasn't able to download.

You could sideload the APK for the Game Pass Beta app. I'm not quite sure how well VPNing into the servers is going to work though.

shacklecat

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone know how to change the key mapping on a dual shock 4? Halo 5 is running remarkably well on my tablet but I can't shoot anything :(. The mapping is fine on my phone but the stream runs like garbage. I just need to steal the mapping my phone gets somehow.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Got everything to make it work. A tab, controller, good internet. Just not supported here yet though which is disappointing.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
The latency is surprisingly poor for me compared to Stadia. Got one "bar" (i.e., just the central "tower" in the icon) most of the time, whereas Stadia has very few connection hiccups for me.

Then again, Xcloud is still in beta, and it is nevertheless cool being able to resume playing where you left off on Xbox/PC. It's nice being able to jump into stuff like Halo or Gears 5 instantly. Looking forward to seeing this improve as we move towards the launch next month.

EDIT: Tried it again tonight, latency was much better. Hopefully the first day was just a fluke.

Last edited:

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Heads up for people playing with bluetooth controllers, theres tablets that when having the bluetooth and wifi connected at the same time, the Wifi speed drops to like 5mb. It happens for example with the Huawei Mediapad T5. Maybe that's one of the reasosn why people here is having a rought time with xCloud.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Well, I still suspect it to be a subset of the entire Ecosystem. These games probably all have to be licensed for streaming. Hopefully Microsoft has been doing those kind of deals for a long time in preparation of this stuff.
Or if you own them you just stream them from your console instead of from xCloud.

I'm going to need a smart TV xCloud app at some point soon...

Last edited: