• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I get hellacious input lag when using this. I wonder if it's just my shitty phone (moto g Fast) or something else.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
For the folks who can't get the "Cloud" tab to show up: head to the play store and manually check for an update of the app. I deleted and re-downloaded the app on my phone just now because I didn't get the Cloud tab, but it didn't give me the most up to date version. When I looked for the app again in the store, I got the prompt to update the app. So you also might not be on the most recent version, even if you only now installed the app. I also deleted my cache for the app afterwards and got the Cloud tab and the play button for supported apps fixed this way.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a list of available games you can stream with the beta?

So far I just played some MCC

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a list of available games you can stream with the beta?

So far I just played some MCC

A few pages back:

Game List:
  • A Plage Tale
  • Absolver
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • Astroneer
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Crackdown 3
  • DayZ
  • Descenders
  • Felix The Reaper
  • For The King
  • Forza Horizon 4: Standard Edition
  • Frostpunk: Console Edition
  • Gears 5 Ultimate Edition
  • Gears of War 4
  • Gears of War. Ultimate Edition
  • Golf With Your Friends
  • Grounded - Game Preview
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition
  • Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Halo: Spartan Assault
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • Journey to the Savage Planet
  • Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisp
  • ReCore
  • Sea of Thieves
  • State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • Subnautica
  • The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut
  • The Bard's Tale Trilogy
  • theHunter. Call of the Wild
  • Untitled Goose Game
  • Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
  • Wasteland Remastered

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just tried this on my friends Android phone on crappy crappy internet, and it worked really well.
F U APPPLE!

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
This app is taking a dump on my S9+
runs like ass on my Amazon Fire 8.
Didn't really blow me away tbh.
Tried it with ds4 on my oneplus 7t, and not impressed unfortunately.
Just tried it on my S20. Looked great but there was noticable input delay while playing Gears of War.
Played some H5 Warzone FF and performance was varied.
I get hellacious input lag when using this.

Someone else just ninja'ed me to this, but seriously, check that you're on your 5GHz band for wi-fi. *NEVER* use 2.4GHz for any game-streaming service.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the streaming quality good? I'm tempted to sign up to ultimate for a month to try it out on my spare Android phone.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone get luck with getting the play button to show up after having the cloud tab? Have my controller connected, updated the app, reinstalled multiple times, cleared cache, forced stop multiple times, outright restarted my phone a couple of times.

At my wits end. Nothing is working.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone get luck with getting the play button to show up after having the cloud tab? Have my controller connected, updated the app, reinstalled multiple times, cleared cache, forced stop multiple times, outright restarted my phone a couple of times.

Sounds daft but...are you logged in? I had that issue on my chromebook until i noticed.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Based on what I'm seeing, Microsoft has figured out how to not only make game streaming easily accessible, but also work really well over a wireless connection. Stadia was fine, but its biggest failing was that it didn't work particularly well on wireless networks.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, this is basically unplayable for me. On a Galaxy S9 if that matters. T-Mobile on a 4G connection and it was having serious latency issues. Halo MCC was unplayable. Forza 4 had way too much lag to function properly. Killer Instinct ironically was the most playable out of these but still no where near satisfactory. I'm just going to chalk it up to my connection. I actually had a better connection just using my phone's 4G rather than my home wifi.

Though it's really cool that it syncs to your saves like nothing happened. Like it legit started me on Forza 4 right where I left off on PC, and that's pretty fucking cool.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Based on what I'm seeing, Microsoft has figured out how to not only make game streaming easily accessible, but also work really well over a wireless connection. Stadia was fine, but its biggest failing was that it didn't work particularly well on wireless networks.
Stadia works much better on WiFi or mobile for me. Like much much better

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know why I have black bars all around the screen when I am playing a game? I have a Nokia 6.1 so it has a 16:9 screen therefore the stream should fill the entire screen but it doesn't. I would appreciate it if someone could help me and tell me what the issue might be.

dodo667418

Oct 28, 2017

Did you update after reinstalling? It didn't give me the most recent version when I reinstalled the app earlier. I looked up the app in the Play Store again and it gave me a prompt to update it, worked afterwards finally.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Just tried it on terrible airbnb wifi. Works with a Ps4 controller. It's pretty cool can't wait until all of the gamepass stuff is on there

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Alright so i have to say. this is fairly impressive. playing Gears 5 on my One plus 75g is pretty neat. then sliding to Forza. really feels like could be huge tbh.

dodo667418

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know why I have black bars all around the screen when I am playing a game? I have a Nokia 6.1 so it has a 16:9 screen therefore the stream should fill the entire screen but it doesn't. I would appreciate it if someone could help me and tell me what the issue might be.
The same happens when using the app on the Nintendo Switch (through the unofficial Android kernel) that also has a 16:9 screen. I got black bars left, right and bottom, the content only takes up like 85% of the screen. On my phone I don't get bars on the top and bottom, only left and right but that's a given considering my phone has a 18something:9 screen. I guess when using some more unknown devices, that's a problem with the build still. It's a beta after all, let's hope MS fixes that. Btw they enabled a feedback system right into the UI, might be worth pointing out this issue.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
The same happens when using the app on the Nintendo Switch (through the unofficial Android kernel) that also has a 16:9 screen. I got black bars left, right and bottom, the content only takes up like 85% of the screen. On my phone I don't get bars on the top and bottom, only left and right but that's a given considering my phone has a 18something:9 screen. I guess when using some more unknown devices, that's a problem with the build still. It's a beta after all, let's hope MS fixes that. Btw they enabled a feedback system right into the UI, might be worth pointing out this issue.

Yeah I really should. It's strange because it's the correct aspect ratio for games but the game kind of sits in a corner lol.

dodo667418

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, having tried this on the Switch and my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra now, I don't think I will use my Switch much. I instantly loved the integrated controllers of the Switch, but once I saw just how fantastic the games look on the Samsung's amoled screen, I quickly forgot about the comfort of the Switch.

I'm using some cheap 10 bucks clip from Amazon and an Xbox One Controller with my phone. It's less comfortable than holding my Switch due to the weird weight distribution (the S20 ultra is pretty heavy unfortunately), but man, Ori looks absolutely stunning on this screen. There's a day and night difference between darker colours and especially black spots when comparing the two devices. Connection also seems slightly better on my phone. I'm still getting some input lag, but way less artifacting. I might just settle for that Razer Controller to basically get the best of both worlds.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
One plus 7t 4ghz LTE att and played some Forza horizon 4 and was pretty damned cool.

A little input lag but not unplayable. Gonna have to get a controller clip for this it's too cool

On wifi as well worked even better... Only issue is reconnect controller to BT after loading app again

Last edited:

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
This is really damn impressive. I was just playing mortal Kombat online and it was completely playable. And I was shocked how many games were included in the beta. This is gonna be huge!

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I just subscribed to Ultimate, deleted and reinstalled the app, and I don't see the cloud tab. Any other fixes?
Edit: Blame space crashed through my television and gave me the update so I'm all good

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, having tried this on the Switch and my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra now, I don't think I will use my Switch much. I instantly loved the integrated controllers of the Switch, but once I saw just how fantastic the games look on the Samsung's amoled screen, I quickly forgot about the comfort of the Switch.

I'm using some cheap 10 bucks clip from Amazon and an Xbox One Controller with my phone. It's less comfortable than holding my Switch due to the weird weight distribution (the S20 ultra is pretty heavy unfortunately), but man, Ori looks absolutely stunning on this screen. There's a day and night difference between darker colours and especially black spots when comparing the two devices. Connection also seems slightly better on my phone. I'm still getting some input lag, but way less artifacting. I might just settle for that Razer Controller to basically get the best of both worlds.
Wait, I could use this on my Switch?

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Tried Forza. Very playable. If there was input delay it wasn't as noticable as it was with Gears of War.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My quality is either really good or really bad, not consistent, works as well as GeForce now when it's working

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have as many games as some people are saying. Do you have to own the game to play it on Xcloud? I must be missing something.

So far I've played Forza Horizon 4. It had some input lag but was playable, probably not at a high level but you could probably do offline shit easy. Halo 5 felt really good and I couldn't tell if there was any or very little input lag.

The app runs like ass on a Fire 7 9th Gen but once the game is up and running it's pretty smooth and looks really good. This is all over Wifi, so I'm sure it's not as good on 4g or other cell services.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
So uh...looks like it's new router time baby, 2.4ghz was okay, but I wanna see that 5Ghz goodness, any recommendations?

Playing Halo on my phone was wild.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Played some grounded and didn't have a stable connection, it was a bit laggy but it still looked like the game I play on my PC and X1X (although with lower resolution of course).

Then I downloaded steam link and threw on some MCC. It seemed about the same TBH, but steam link was way faster.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Works now, the app also seems to work on NOX too but it's not detecting my controller like it should so can't do much with it sadly.

dodo667418

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, I could use this on my Switch?
In theory yes, if you have the first Switch model. There's a Hardware exploit that can't be patched (which is also the reason why the old Switches are all so expensive). That exploit allows you to install an Android kernel on a Micro SD card that is basically completely separate from the Switch's OS. Just look up switchroot if you are interested in this. But know that the Android build is far from perfect, there are quite a few issues like no deep sleep for example, so battery life is not great.

IGOKIQ

Dec 3, 2017
Tried that but it's no go.

I have these 3 now.
Should I delete em and download a fresh one? But which one? This is so confusing.

117627701_10160146185383989_5741248047323210801_o.jpg
Hi, install the app , THEN update it immediately from the Play Store. Sounds backwards but it's what I had to do. The initial installed version from the store is not the version with streaming/cloud tab, it needs the update.

Last edited:

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
Tried using 5GHz Wi-Fi and Verizon LTE on my Note 9 and the multiple games I tried were pretty smooth except for Gears 5 ending.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Plays hilariously well on my GFs old Samsung GS5. God to be able to play this on my iPad Pro in bed.....F Apple dude. I need the remote play capabilities to come out asap..

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PS Now works well on a wired connection, but it varies widely from game to game.

I'd be blown away by any wireless streaming working well. Sounds like this is still suffering from streaming issues other platforms have?