• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
From the current Xbox Live on Android/iOS GDC Panel (Note: this panel is not streamed or being recorded).

Microsoft: No plans for an Xbox Live SDK for Switch right now, but expect more games like Cuphead to come to Switch with Live enabled over there next year.

Microsoft is currently giving its GDC speech on Xbox Live support being added to mobile games. I'm being told they've also just said that they're working with Nintendo to bring achievements to select titles. They're already in Minecraft Switch so there's precedent.

Truly the ORIgins of something cool.

Last edited:

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good. Ori seems a lock at this point which is fantastic. Rare Replay is very plausible. From there it's anyone's guess really- Sunset Overdrive? Halo? Forza? Sea of Thieves?

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So when MS just brings all of it's games to all platforms because who cares about hardware they just want your money.

Nov 23, 2017
Rare Replay + DK64, Diddy Kong Racing etc would be a huge success on Switch even with no 360 games included. MS is leaving a ton of money on the table

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Good. Ori seems a lock at this point which is fantastic. Rare Replay is very plausible. From there it's anyone's guess really- Sunset Overdrive? Halo? Forza? Sea of Thieves?

Master Chief Collection makes a lot of sense imo. Switch should be able to run those games and it would boost the online player count significantly. Gives the Switch a killer app for a whole different audience, too.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Ori was basically confirmed by Jason Schreier. Maybe we'll see games that fit the Nintendo audience come over, things like Rare Replay, Super Lucky's Tale (heavily rumored), and ReCore as well.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest I'd be cool with just

Some Rare games on N64 Classic, GoldenEye 007 specifically probably.

GoldenEye Remastered

Rare Replay on Switch.

If we get anything more than that like Master Chief Collection, that's a big wowza.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Well you know, if Microsoft ever planing to develop some JRPG again, this time they have Switch to make sure it could have decent sales from Japan.
Like they can remaster the Lost Odyssey to switch then develop Lost Odyssey 2 for XB1(and/or next gen Xbox)+Switch.

Oct 29, 2017

Rare Replay is the least plausible of Microsoft's entire first party lineup unfortunately; due to the way it relies on the Xbox One's 360 backwards compatibility...

... ports of each individual game are very possible though! Gimme Perfect Dark on Switch already!

Rare's titles really should be Microsoft's top priority. They belong with Nintendo; and even MS know it.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Rare Replay would be awesome, but I guess some indie games could add this functionality to already existing titles.

Or just Banjo Kazooie out of these, I'll shut up about everything if they put those on in any capacity.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's coming, believe. #TeamNatedrake

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
games like SOT, halo ,gears are likely for xcloud, there is a massive difference between those and cuphead for a system like switch

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. So basically XBL integration is something Nintendo is going to control tightly, rather than opening up to any devs that want to use it? That makes some sense.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Ori was basically confirmed by Jason Schreier. Maybe we'll see games that fit the Nintendo audience come over, things like Rare Replay, Super Lucky's Tale (heavily rumored), and ReCore as well.
Didn't a handful of other outlets report on it before Jason? DirectFeedGames, Jeuxvideo, Windows Central & Game Informer's Imran to name a few.

Oct 29, 2017
games like SOT, halo ,gears are likely for xcloud, there is a massive difference between those and cuphead for a system like switch

The original rumour (that has now been partially corroborated) said that we're getting native Switch ports of Forza, Gears and Ori. Not streaming versions.

X-cloud support is coming alongside native ports supposedly.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget Super Lucky's Tale was leaked through Linkedn. That's one of them.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
The original rumour said that we're getting native ports of Forza, Gears and Ori. Not streaming versions.

X-cloud support is coming alongside native ports supposedly.
most of the rumors that have had follow up from other sources were games like ori, super lucky and cuphead.

if xcloud is coming, i dont see the reason to port games that will take much more resources

VicGmz

Oct 28, 2017
It's an indie game. Why wouldn't it eventually come to other platforms?

Like Fez, Limbo, Cuphead, Steamworld Dig, Shovel Knight, Guacamelee and other indie games that started out as exclusives.
OK, I've always tought of Tunic as a Cuphead kind of deal with Microsoft and the developer, anyways wathever the case maybe I would love to have it on my Switch!

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I find MCC rumors unlikely because 343i is working on Infinite while Splash Damage and Ruffian work on PC which is a complicated process in itself. I don't really expect Microsoft to outsource the game to yet another studio which would be four studios working on Master Chief Collection. Xcloud makes more sense, but there's no way Halo is getting a native Switch version.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there is something really big like MCC coming too, I would think Nintendo would want to keep that saved for E3. That's too big to let out at GDC.