• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Mind posting a link? I can't find a breakdown of Azure revenue in their 10K.

And in any case, my main point was that Azure revenue isn't anywhere near AWS rev, unlike that dumbass Forbes contributor claims.

I'm not sure where to put you.
You seem to be genuine interested in the cloud business, but also post some stuff that just isn't correct.

The Forbes contributor articles does not claim Azure revenue is above AWS.
It claims Microsofts Commercial Cloud, which i explained earlier in this topic, is above AWS revenue.

Also Microsofts Commercial Cloud is growing at a slightly higher rate than AWS
Azure alone is growing at a much higher rate than AWS
yoy-quarterly-growth-aws-revenues.jpg

ifP5Vns.png

From the chart you postet, I see the upper bar is AWS revenue for the most recent quarters.
But what are the other 2 supposed to be? Azure and all other major competitors?

Here is where you get Azure revenue, from:
Intelligent Cloud

Revenue increased $4.8 billion or 18%.

• Server products and cloud services revenue increased $4.5 billion or 21%, driven by Azure and server products licensed on-premises revenue growth. Azure revenue growth of 91%, due to higher infrastructure-as-a-service and platform-as-a-service consumption-based and per user-based services. Server products licensed on-premises revenue increased 5%, mainly due to a higher mix of premium licenses for Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server.

• Enterprise Services revenue increased $304 million or 5%, driven by higher revenue from Premier Support Services and Microsoft Consulting Services, offset in part by a decline in revenue from custom support agreements.
https://view.officeapps.live.com/op...?version=b04fa6cd-ed0e-a4ea-6f4f-05c9f644b8a2

Intelligent Cloud revenue is Server Products and Cloud Services + Enterprise Service revenue
Intelligent Cloud = $32.2bn
Server Products + Cloud Services ~$25.9bn
Enterprise Services ~$6.4bn
Server Products ~$18.3bn
Azure ~$7.6bn

Server Products and cloud services increased 21% with Server products 5% and Azure 91%
You just need to do the math. Either by approximation or just dissolve the equation:
1.05X + 1.91Y = $25.9bn

Oct 27, 2017
The World

You are comparing MS's whatever plan when Xbox One launched, under a completely different leadership. That was the team that bought Nokia to make phones. If everything Microsoft has done is to be analyzed from their goals during that period the company would be shut down and a miserable failure. Instead right now it is one of the most valuable companies and one of the best performing tech companies in a period where other tech stocks have taken a beating.

And all I am saying is MS's FY19 Q2 hardware revenue was better than they expected.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Guys he is just trying to get some fuel for his console wars. Thats why he wants "real numbers"
Just ignore it. There is nothing crazy or weird about MAU. Its what alot of companies are following now.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
You are comparing MS's whatever plan when Xbox One launched, under a completely different leadership. That was the team that bought Nokia to make phones. If everything Microsoft has done is to be analyzed from their goals during that period the company would be shut down and a miserable failure. Instead right now it is one of the most valuable companies and one of the best performing tech companies in a period where other tech stocks have taken a beating.

And all I am saying is MS's FY19 Q2 hardware revenue was better than they expected.

MS changed their plan compeletely mid-gen because hardware (and their own software) was selling way below their expectations and doing pretty poor numbers compared to the competition. It's not really doing better now. What is wrong with that statement? Saying that was part of the plan all along and they never cared about hardware sales is plain wrong. They adapted smartly and they're trying different ways to make money like GamePass and W10 store. You don't have to try to prove to me that MS is a successful company, I was talking specifically about hardware sales.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
So now that we have full 2018 HW numbers for Sony and Nintendo along with the estimates for XB1 sellthroigh it would appear that both the Switch and the PS4 outsold the XB1 by a margin of about 3:1 (18000k:6000k) for the year of 2018. This is despite the marketing push of the XB1X.

We also now know that the PSN revenue for 2018 ($12.5b)was larger than the revenue for the entire reported MS games division($11.5b) with PS revenue totaling $20.72b. While it's hard to make an exact comparison due to the way in which MS groups it's reported gaming revenue figures it's clear that the differential paints a different picture than the overall HW sales figures. Just goes to show how much of the revenue for gaming has shifted towards digital marketplaces and services.

The focus on services and maximizing revenue per user are a natural shift since it is clear this is the divisions primary avenue for growth going forward. In the long term I think it I'll lead to MS serving an entirely different segment of the gaming market than its competitors while also pushing competitors to expand their own service offerings. Should be interesting seeing how they continue to expand services that differentiate themselves from the competition

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
So now that we have full 2018 HW numbers for Sony and Nintendo along with the estimates for XB1 sellthroigh it would appear that both the Switch and the PS4 outsold the XB1 by a margin of about 3:1 (18000k:6000k) for the year of 2018. This is despite the marketing push of the XB1X.
Zhuge said not to calculate yearly sales from his 41M to the 35M from 2017.
Both numbers are rounded to the nearest million. I wouldn't use them to work out annual sales.

But yes, those two outsold XB1 by 10M or more.