• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 4, 2018
Microsoft Flight Simulator Live Q&A Recap: World Update IV, Freeware Section and Scenery Gateway System

fselite.net

Microsoft Flight Simulator Live Q&A Recap: World Update IV, Freeware Section and Scenery Gateway System | FSElite

The first Live Developer Q&A for Microsoft Flight Simulator of 2021 has concluded over on Twitch and with it came a range of new information about the immediate future for the platform. Whilst we

The next world update is still scheduled to release on Tuesday, February 2nd 2020.

Following on from World Update III, it has been confirmed that the team will spend time focusing on parts of Europe next. France and the Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg) will form the next World Update, which is scheduled to release in March, but this may change.

During the live stream, the developers went through the current top wishes and began discussing how the team will be taking on some of those wishes. Right now, the most requested feature is having a freeware section in the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace and also the ability to download content such as the FlyByWire Simulations A32NX through the sim. It was mentioned in the stream that work on this is currently being prototyped. There is goodwill coming from both sides to make this happen so fingers crossed this will work out for the entire community.

In addition, another element the team is prototyping a new Scenery Gateway System to enable developers/community members to add their own edits to pre-existing scenery that will enhance the default environment for all users. The vision, we imagine, will be to have something akin to X-Plane's system.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
In addition, another element the team is prototyping a new Scenery Gateway System to enable developers/community members to add their own edits to pre-existing scenery that will enhance the default environment for all users. The vision, we imagine, will be to have something akin to X-Plane's system.

YES

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Oh finally Buckingham Palace won't be a block of flats!

czJiFeh.png

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes Benelux. My city of Ghent (largest one in Belgium after Brussels and Antwerp) should get a nice overhaul then (now the churches are just flat satelite images, not even propped up to 3D, guess the algoritm mistakes it for a parking or something).

Knew I had to keep it on my PC for a little while longer.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Great after launch support from them so far, hope it continues :)

Also we need more Asian region update please!

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope for Spain soon, seems they are going through europe now, but they could jump to another continent at any moment.
Spain+Italy could be cool, through that would probably be more work than France+Benelux or the UK+Ireland.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Benelux too ? That's cool, I didn't expect little Belgium to get some love so soon. Maybe my region (Namur) will finally look decent because it's kinda rough right now :D

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yes Benelux. My city of Ghent (largest one in Belgium after Brussels and Antwerp) should get a nice overhaul then (now the churches are just flat satelite images, not even propped up to 3D, guess the algoritm mistakes it for a parking or something).

Knew I had to keep it on my PC for a little while longer.
Benelux too ? That's cool, I didn't expect little Belgium to get some love so soon. Maybe my region (Namur) will finally look decent because it's kinda rough right now :D

I miss Belgium :(

Travel restrictions killing me! Excited to see it get some FS2020 love. It'll be fun to revisit from the skies while I can't get there in real life!

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I miss Belgium :(

Travel restrictions killing me! Excited to see it get some FS2020 love. It'll be fun to revisit from the skies while I can't get there in real life!
You've lived here? Or just a fan?

Right now Brussels is already one of the detailed cities, with models of the Koekelberg basilique and such, but you probably knew that already.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
You've lived here? Or just a fan?

Right now Brussels is already one of the detailed cities, with models of the Koekelberg basilique and such, but you probably knew that already.

Just a fan. In a typical year I would be there a couple of times a year at least for work stuff (and pleasure!)

Spent more than a few evenings stumbling back to Brussels after a day at Rock Werchter.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Just a fan. In a typical year I would be there a couple of times a year at least for work stuff (and pleasure!)

Spent more than a few evenings stumbling back to Brussels after a day at Rock Werchter.
Haha, nice. It's always a bit weird when people are fan of your country, especially as I'm dreaming of moving away one day (I find Belgium a bit drab and dull and buying a house is way to expensive in Ghent, the only place I want to live. I'd miss the beer, fries and chocolate though). But I can imagine it's a fun place to visit, with all our festivals and medieval cities and beer culture.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, nice. It's always a bit weird when people are fan of your country, especially as I'm dreaming of moving away one day (I find Belgium a bit drab and dull and buying a house is way to expensive in Ghent, the only place I want to live. I'd miss the beer, fries and chocolate though). But I can imagine it's a fun place to visit, with all our festivals and medieval cities and beer culture.

I think most people feel like that about where they live.

I can't tell you how many times I've been stopped in Japan and asked 'why are you visiting here?' and I'm like...

*gestures wildly at everything around*

Last edited:

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I think most people feel like that about where they live.

I can't tell you how many times I've been stopped in Japan and asked 'why are you visiting here?' and I'm like...

*gestures wildly at everything around*
Oh I know. What you have with Belgium, I have with Portugal. And some people I talk to are like 'you want to live here? We're trying to get out!

It's not that I don't like my country at all, mind you. I'm certainly fond of it in a certain way. Just not the country I want to spend the rest of my life in, though I'll always keep the connection with it.

Ah, well. Off-topic and all. I'm looking forward to finding my own apartment building and realising I'm just outside of the city center, so it won't get an overhaul :P