• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The sky is calling in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Available August 18, 2020.

Hone your piloting skills in a variety of highly detailed aircrafts from light planes to commercial jets built with comprehensive flight models. Explore a dynamic living world in amazing detail with over 37 thousand airports, 2 million cities, and live weather.

www.xbox.com

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Xbox

Available now across devices with Game Pass

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Digging the smaller planes. My most anticipated part of this is getting into something more maneuverable and zooming around some of the local mountains here in WA

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
that is objectively the worst trailer i ever saw in my life
looks like a power point presentation with youtube copyright free music

but DAMN if the game is not ridiculously pretty

painey

Oct 27, 2017

LOL I was thinking to myself how dull this was. It will be interesting to see how they set themselves up for the casuals with achievements and campaigns.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm biased but I'm surprised they didn't have a customized Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport being it's beem the world's busiest airport for over 2 decades.

Dat Dreamliner.

Whats the difference between the designations tho (Standard vs. Deluxe vs. Premium)?
Microsoft Flight Simulator includes 20 highly detailed planes with unique flight models and 30 hand-crafted airports. $59.99

The Deluxe Edition includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator plus 5 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 5 additional handcrafted international airports. $89.99

The Premium Deluxe Edition includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator plus 10 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 10 additional handcrafted international airports. $119.99

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This game can look incredibly good, almost photo realistic...but also pretty bad, with just Google Earth maps as ground textures. I guess that can't be avoided when you literally recreate the entire planet, lol.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else still get a bit of a tingly excited feeling looking at airports? Sounds super dumb, but even with all the hassle of modern air travel they're still an incredibly exciting place. Portals to other places with so much happening.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm biased but I'm surprised they didn't have a customized Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport being it's beem the world's busiest airport for over 2 decades.

Microsoft Flight Simulator includes 20 highly detailed planes with unique flight models and 30 hand-crafted airports. $59.99

The Deluxe Edition includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator plus 5 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 5 additional handcrafted international airports. $89.99

The Premium Deluxe Edition includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator plus 10 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 10 additional handcrafted international airports. $119.99

Does Gamepass gives you everything? Because man $120 for San Francisco International Airport!

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Damn less than a week out this crept up on me. Gonna be trying out that Icon A5 first the interior looks swank as hell.

I need a new hotas but probably won't have one in time for launch, sim enthusiasts will shout sacrilege but my bluetooth Xbox One controller will have to do for now. Think I'm gonna first explore the Cascades and Western/Central WA in the A5 then work my way up to the larger crafts for cross country/international flights.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

Weirdly I had the opposite reaction. Like, it is 100% a Powerpoint presentation with YouTube royalty-free music, and it's over four minutes long (my first thought was "boy am I actually going to sit through a four-minute list of planes and airports"), and yet I was ENTRANCED. I loved seeing the tiny airports. I had a weird emotional response I did not expect from seeing a bunch of airports.

I haven't even played Flight Simulator since I was a kid. What's wrong with me?

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
This might help some people:
ss_8ec57421e95313272847b10d4b179e483bfefc4b.1920x1080.jpg

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Not sure why I thought you'd be walking around airports. I don't see what makes them special in the game outside of landing and takeoff.

May 24, 2019
Not sure why I thought you'd be walking around airports. I don't see what makes them special in the game outside of landing and takeoff.

I think takeoffs and landings are the best parts for a lot of simmers.

edit: They're the parts of the experience where you're sure to be ground level, so highlighting which ones have care put into their modelling beyond the sim's auto gen is totally important.

Like, here's the Washington monument according to the algorithm.
lS91z7M.jpg

The tech is totally impressive on a wide scale a few thousand feet in the air, but the more things the devs get to handcraft the better.

Last edited:

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Shit, I didn't realize Entebbe's airport (southern Uganda) was in the list. I've been there in real life...

qwH2ZVc.jpg

...and was hosted by someone's father who worked for the UN. Those colored cargo containers at the bottom left are airlifted from Entebbe to various African hotspots, sometimes full of working radio equipment or makeshift hospital facilities. So it's a nice touch that Asobo's terrain-building toolset picks up details like that.

BMVYyhX.png

I had some of the best fried fish in my life hanging out on the beach of that massive lake.

(Yes, I captured these screenshots just now.)

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
Billy Bishop looking šŸ”„

Is there mod support for the community to fill in local airports?

There's a local one literally a mile from my house and it'd be cool to see it done 1:1. No way it'd be handcrafted in the game as it's a very small one and used mostly by the military and govt personnel.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
Billy Bishop looking šŸ”„

Is there mod support for the community to fill in local airports?

There's a local one literally a mile from my house and it'd be cool to see it done 1:1. No way it'd be handcrafted in the game as it's a very small one and used mostly by the military and govt personnel.

seems pretty likely, there is a company called orbx that does this stuff

they have london almost done already, as it's not very accurate in the base game

TEX5zjN.jpg

IAyJIKc.jpg