• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EchoSmoker

Jan 29, 2018
Anyone figure out how to turn off the points of interest icons? I want to take pics of cities but they're ruined with a giant "PHILADELPHIA" or "NEW YORK" sticking out of them. I'm searching through settings and I just can't find anything for this.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Vsync is killing the fps on my modest system. Turning it off and setting the driver to lock at 30fps is making the sim so much smoother.

May 24, 2019
I am shocked at how well my i5 8gb gtx970 is running this! 1080p and at least 30fps on medium.

I havent tried a major city yet, but I'm happy.

Also, do you need a super light touch with the controller? Everything I did in training jerked the plane around like crazy.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I am shocked at how well my i5 8gb gtx970 is running this! 1080p and at least 30fps on medium.

I havent tried a major city yet, but I'm happy.

Also, do you need a super light touch with the controller? Everything I did in training jerked the plane around like crazy.

You can turn down the sensitivity in the settings. In fact, I'd recommend it. I knocked mine down about 25% and it felt better, might knock it down a little more. It definitely requires a light touch!

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Im new to flight sims and this series. In terms of single player its essentially the landing challenges and flight challenges? There is no campaign so to speak?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly gorgeous. Getting microstutters on my 9900k on occasion though with settings on High at 4k. I'll have to see what I can adjust.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Pictures really don't do it justice. Flying through the Grand Canyon felt amazing.

TlrUeDB.jpg

May 24, 2019
Man. The AI gets very confused at landing.
Maybe it's just the podunk auto generated airport I chose, but it settled in the grass.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Is there no way to set camera zoom to an axis? I have a wheel on the side of the Thrustmaster throttle that would be perfect for that!

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone figure out how to turn off the points of interest icons? I want to take pics of cities but they're ruined with a giant "PHILADELPHIA" or "NEW YORK" sticking out of them. I'm searching through settings and I just can't find anything for this.

It's under the assists in the options, I believe. One of the collapsible menus lets you turn off points of interest, etc..

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
The retail version was this slow to download even during the pre-release period. Unclear whether it's because it's doing a constant download-then-unpack, the app having its own bandwidth throttling, or what. Patience, friends!
I'll have it download during the night while I'm sleeping then lol

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed the premium deluxe edition on Steam and am looking forward to flying the Dreamliner sometime later this week.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Downloading now, will take around 12 hours with my speed to dowload it.
Fun fact, this will be my first flight sim to try out longer than 15 minutes. Last one i tried was the 98 one.

i hope some of you can help me since i have a bet going on with a friend saying that he does not believe that i can take off with a boeing 747. i think i can, it will take some time ofc. full manual that is.

are there manuals out there to explain a 747 and how to turn on everything and what everything does?
want to prepare myself while i download the game hehe.

i really want to deep dive into this game, since ni have the next 10 days for myself.

cant wait to share my experiences with you all.

the german in me cant wait to Check out this game.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any built-in way to take screenshots in game? Right now I'm using the live pause and hitting Print Screen to manually save screenshots but that's not exactly ideal

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
Where are the streamed assets downloaded? I've installed the game in my big SSD (over 500 free GB), but it seems to be using my system SDD (C:) for this, fucking up it's space.

Can it be checked and changed somewhere?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where are the streamed assets downloaded? I've installed the game in my big SSD (over 500 free GB), but it seems to be using my system SDD (C:) for this, fucking up it's space.

In the settings, then Data.

You can change where the streaming cache is located and how much it can use (default 8 GB).

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan

To add to the above, remember that it's in the Windows settings, not anywhere on the Microsoft Store.

Egocrata

Aug 31, 2019
I just played for one hour, but I am absolutely floored on how good this game feels, looks, and plays. I absolutely killed Flight Simulator 5.2 and onward. This is like a dream come true.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Lol, random twitch streamer decided to fly over the DMZ into North Korea. Maybe I'll try to fly over/to Chernobyl. Are you allow to land at non-airports? Like in a field?

yep. if you see an open surface, you can try to land on it. whether your velocity/angle will be a good match for that surface's angle/curve is another question, but fields are fair game.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, random twitch streamer decided to fly over the DMZ into North Korea. Maybe I'll try to fly over/to Chernobyl. Are you allow to land at non-airports? Like in a field?
You can land anywhere, just remember that the game isn't designed to be seen from that close to the ground so stuff will probably look wonky. Handcrafted airports will look the best at ground level, followed by NON-protogramnetry areas, followed by photogrammetry areas like NYC.

Watching casuals react to this game is hands down the funniest shit ever, folk was mind blown. He even went and told his momma, "they got the whole world on there, this the best looking game I seen in my life, the ain't no game" 😭😭😭. Moment of the week for sure.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Whoever came up with the PC controls is an evil person. Legit, I'm in "modern" and even controlling the drone is absolutely a joke. There are standards for a reason. Either way, just plugged my xbox controller and I'm having the time of my life. I can actually control the airplane properly and still do all the other details with mouse/keyboard (like clicking on the AI to auto-do half the stuff haha).

Beautiful game. Just flew to my home country (it's night there) and send a picture of my parents place to them.

PKMNTrainer

Oct 25, 2017
How has anyone got past this god forsaken black screen? Running as admin here, tried uninstall and reinstall. Open the game, small loading circle, black screen. I can see my mouse but that's it.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Just started it up, it set me for default Very High, when it first starts, my FPS is in the tank, but then once it all sets, I settle around 45FPS.

Ryzen 5 3600
16GB RAM
RTX 2060 KO Ultra

This game is fucking gorgeous. I haven't had a next-gen feeling since seeing Fight Night 3 for the first time on the 360.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Lmao at the 900mb pre-install and then the 90gb "update" once the game unlocks. Why even bother with the pre-install?

Egocrata

Aug 31, 2019
The install takes forever because it seemingly downloads small chunks of data, stops, uncompresseses them, picks a bit more...

I installed this on my SSD and thank God. Even with a NVMe SSD loading times are not short at all.

typhy

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
How has anyone got past this god forsaken black screen? Running as admin here, tried uninstall and reinstall. Open the game, small loading circle, black screen. I can see my mouse but that's it.
i had this problem and reset my computer and reinstalled a bunch and nothing worked so i went to bed frustrated, but then i did literally every single thing on this list and it worked https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660-Windows-Store-troubleshooting

ymmv of course, it could be complete luck on my part

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Just started it up, it set me for default Very High, when it first starts, my FPS is in the tank, but then once it all sets, I settle around 45FPS.

Ryzen 5 3600
16GB RAM
RTX 2060 KO Ultra

This game is fucking gorgeous. I haven't had a next-gen feeling since seeing Fight Night 3 for the first time on the 360.
Resolution?

typhy

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
i had this problem and reset my computer and reinstalled a bunch and nothing worked so i went to bed frustrated, but then i did literally every single thing on this list and it worked https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660-Windows-Store-troubleshooting

ymmv of course, it could be complete luck on my part
oh also apparently the reason why this works even though its not a "store issue" its because theres supposed to be an xbox sign-in popup when you get to that screen

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Ill ask again as it got lost in the mix. Is there a single player campaign of sorts ?

The "Bush Trips" are fairly involved. They are huge 9 hour flights that are broken up into many different "legs". When you complete a leg it saves a checkpoint there so you can quit and resume.

There are 3 of these in the game as of now- a grand tour of the Sierras that starts in Bakersfield and ends in Yosemite, a flight from the Balkans that ends in Santorini, and something in South America.

These require you to follow landmarks and descriptions provided to you in your flightplan to navigate. You can't use GPS. I just did the first leg of the Yosemite one and it was awesome. There is even some history and context of the things you are flying over given to you in the directions that really adds to the experience.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Does anyone lmow what could be causing the content manager to download at a measily 10Kb/s ? There is nothing wrong with my internet as I get full speeds when doing a speed test

Restarted the game countless times and I think the highest speeds I get is around 500Kb/s (Normally I can download at around 10-12MB/s)

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
The navigation training mission with the wind that fucks you right as you go over the trees near the end runway is evil. "Drop down to idle. Haha now you're blown all over the place."

I did it, but not without a little wasted time.