• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Strange, I restarted my computer and now it's telling me that I'm too early lol. Not sure what's up with Gamepass...

Edit: Nvm, it seems the game isn't supposed to officially launch until tomorrow...even though the store page on the GamePass app says today.
Set your Windows Region to New Zealand and try again.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thanks for the help guys. I figured out the issue. Somehow my render scaling had been set to 200 and moving the preset graphics wasn't reducing that :D I'm a moron.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
An hour and a half later, and I'm at 30Gb out of 93. My connection is definitely not this slow. I wonder if it's just the server.
My connection is

Download 63.47Mbps
Upload 54.32Mbps

I'm getting so screwed by either the servers if there's none in JP, or just the servers generally getting hammered. Oh well!

May 24, 2019
Oop. Got a freeze after the initial 90somethingGB download. Pray for me.

edit: Is soooorta unfroze. Now it's a fullscreen black screen.

tobes231

Prophet of Truth
Jul 10, 2019
Australia
I had my game downloading overnight (In Australia), it was at 52 gigs when I went to bed, it's now stuck at 59.... Server issues maybe if multiple people are struggling to download?

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
An hour and a half later, and I'm at 30Gb out of 93. My connection is definitely not this slow. I wonder if it's just the server.
My connection is

Download 63.47Mbps
Upload 54.32Mbps

I'm getting so screwed by either the servers if there's none in JP, or just the servers generally getting hammered. Oh well!
I had to leave it for a couple of hours. Not only were the speeds bad, but the game downloads the files in small chunks that then have to be copied over or something. It's just an unnecessary process.

ashbash159

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having trouble downloading the second asset "asobo-flight-tutorials-basicinstruments-0.1.22.fspackage". It get's to about 10% of this package then resets to 0%. It's driving me crazy, I'm not making any progress in downloading.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Yep, finally got it to start downloading.
It doesn't seem to be downloading at anything close to my actual internet speed though, so this will take a while it seems... :/

Yea join the club haha. I've been downloading for... 8 hours now. Only got 50GB down. It's the problem with the Microsoft download system, sometimes is really fast and then other times is REALLY slow.

Positive thing is that we are getting it early (at least I am). Just want to play it tomorrow since I have a day off for my birthday haha

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
19 Gigs down, 58 to go. Dang, I'm going to be waiting a while. Dang region change stupidness bweh

May 24, 2019
I'm in the "set your experience" screen, but everything's greyed out. Am I safe to "Go back"?

edit: Lol. "going back" populated the menu. I might be okay.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Yea join the club haha. I've been downloading for... 8 hours now. Only got 50GB down. It's the problem with the Microsoft download system, sometimes is really fast and then other times is REALLY slow.

Positive thing is that we are getting it early (at least I am). Just want to play it tomorrow since I have a day off for my birthday haha
Well, I had the day off TODAY! (8:30am right now)
I guess at this pace I'll have it in about 4 hours or so. I recently got a 3D Printer so I'll be messing around with that in the meantime (3D printers are also a waiting game though, so...).

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know how to detach the drone cam once airborne? Is there a way to pause time in order to use the drone wherever and not have to worry about the plane? I wish there was a freecam with more speed than the drone, makes it kind of a chore trying to get anywhere for close up exploration of anything except the immediate surroundings of the plane.

Also is there a way to create waypoints or detailed map display of the current area while flying? I know there's satnav displays on board certain planes but it'd be nice to toggle a map view when using the chase cam.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to detach the drone cam once airborne? Is there a way to pause time in order to use the drone wherever and not have to worry about the plane? I wish there was a freecam with more speed than the drone, makes it kind of a chore trying to get anywhere for close up exploration of anything except the immediate surroundings of the plane.

Also is there a way to create waypoints or detailed map display of the current area while flying? I know there's satnav displays on board certain planes but it'd be nice to toggle a map view when using the chase cam.
I think if you hit the Pause/Break key on your keyboard it will pause the sim and you can fly around with the drone cam all you want. If that doesn't work you can search for "pause" under the controls menu and find out what key it is bound to or bind it to something else.

GamerKingFaiz

Nov 15, 2017
Thank goodness this game has the diagram of your HOTAS's button layout in-game!
runb9akowmh51.png

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to speed up time while flying? I remember seeing that in videos but dunno if it was just speeding up the video rather than it actually happening in game.

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Just had a quick blast before heading to bed, luckily no installation issues. Runs great on high; 2060RTX, i7 8700, 16Gb Memory, installed on an SSD. I do still need to get the latest Nvidia drivers though.

Sliver

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly gonna have to play this with a DS4. Wonder if looking around with gyro will be a possibility.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
My connection is

Download 63.47Mbps
Upload 54.32Mbps

An hour and a half later and it's at 32 gigs...

My god
19 Gigs down, 58 to go. Dang, I'm going to be waiting a while. Dang region change stupidness bweh

The retail version was this slow to download even during the pre-release period. Unclear whether it's because it's doing a constant download-then-unpack, the app having its own bandwidth throttling, or what. Patience, friends!

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good game. Will have to do tutorial 8 tomorrow, and continue just flying around looking at things. Definitely missing that delivery hook, like Truck Simulator has, but we'll see what is added in mods. Probably going to be a "on a decent sale and VR support is out" purchase, but I'm going to put some solid hours in during this month, so maybe it'll grow on me even more.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I think if you hit the Pause/Break key on your keyboard it will pause the sim and you can fly around with the drone cam all you want. If that doesn't work you can search for "pause" under the controls menu and find out what key it is bound to or bind it to something else.

Thanks! Any way to increase the drone/free cam speed? Guessing not don't see anything in control settings.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good game. Will have to do tutorial 8 tomorrow, and continue just flying around looking at things. Definitely missing that delivery hook, like Truck Simulator has, but we'll see what is added in mods. Probably going to be a "on a decent sale and VR support is out" purchase, but I'm going to put some solid hours in during this month, so maybe it'll grow on me even more.
There are already some that work, such as FSEconomy and OnAir (paid). They both use external clients that connect to the sim while it's running. OnAir is a bit more like Euro Truck Simulator, but it costs a monthly sub after a free trial. FSE is free.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Apologies if anyone already posted this, but someone basically figured out how to get a plane into LEO for an International Space Station-style look at the planet in MSFS.

...and now I want Microsoft Space Simulator

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is very very frustrating.

Don't advertise that you can preload the game if theres a REQUIRED language pack thats 80 goddamn gigs you need to download in game before you can play? I would love if I could just fly around without air traffic control talking anyway. But whatever, I will start the DL and then play fall guys or something. NOPE. Because for whatever reason every time I hit the A jump button in Fall Guys I open a chrome tab of the support microsoft page thats linked in the Content manager installer.

As far as I know I don't know how to get flight sim to not take my controller inputs so I can do something else. So I guess it will just hijack my computer until it is done.

SpaceKangaroo

Oct 28, 2017
yt62NAt.png

(Road to Llyn Ogwen/N.Wales)

Had some really weird issues between controllers (Saitek X52/Xb1 both being connected) several crashes and constant inputs when I wasn't doing anything (turning in one direction for example). Seems to have sorted itself! Crazy looking game.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
There are already some that work, such as FSEconomy and OnAir (paid). They both use external clients that connect to the sim while it's running. OnAir is a bit more like Euro Truck Simulator, but it costs a monthly sub after a free trial. FSE is free.

Yeah. Figure things (mods) will be more stable and fleshed out later on in the year when VR is out plus all the patches from now til then.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
New one. Now I get to the installation screen, but it constantly flickers at trying to install the very first file and keeps restarting the download for all eternity.
Alright, I give up for today as well. 7 hours downt he drain.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if anyone already posted this, but someone basically figured out how to get a plane into LEO for an International Space Station-style look at the planet in MSFS.

...and now I want Microsoft Space Simulator

Use Slew Mode with Y (on keyboard), and you'll be able to move the plane where you want (check the slew mode assigned keys).

I think you can also do this with the drone camera.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll should pick an easy coast departure rn, it's sunset and it looks absolutely gorgeous. Game is unbelievably pretty.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Man I was hoping to finish this download in the next 4 hours before it's unlocked in the US, but at the rate it's going, it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I bet once the floodgates from the US opens, it's going to be a shit show.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Just tinkering with my setup and watching YouTube videos of this game while I wait for the Steam version to finally unlock so I can start a massive download. Videogames used to be so simple.

Here's what I have so far:
ms2020.jpg

I'll make the wires tidier but it looks like some mad pilot hijacked my desk and I kinda dig it.

May 24, 2019
The opening montage is a video, right? It shocked me for a second thinking I may be able to get a smooth 60fps from a gtx970 😆

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
MSFS is the 9th most popular game on Twitch at the moment, and it's not even out yet. So fucking weird to see MSFS in this position, lol.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Why the fuck does the UK have to wait until the US East Coast midnight for the Steam version to unlock? I wanted to get it downloading overnight but now I would have to wake up at 5am and I even then I need my internet connection for work so I won't be downloading until tomorrow evening now. Fuck off.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
One really cool feature is how you can pop out all the overlay widgets like the ATC and VFR and move them to a second monitor.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017

You can adjust the drone speed. On controller I think it is left trigger and X. Look it up in the keybinding.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Do I risk fucking up my download if I start connecting controllers and playing something else while it downloads. Seems a few people have had something smiliar happen.