• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Crazy really, but I remember having a conversation with my mate down the pub about 15 years ago and we was talking about how awesome it would be, and likely one day, that there would be a super realistic looking flight sim with the whole world at your fingertips..

Here we are folks!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna need a thread for recommendations for places to visit! Or a thread for 'share your hometown, tell us what to look out for'?

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
can't wait for these streamers(JLA320) to play the game,their setup is insane !
" This Home CockTpit works with P3Dv5. It will probably be compatible with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 after the software we use has be adapted. "

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Deleted member 14568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, so real human ATC is in the game, or did he have something special set up?
no, ingame we have a robotic ATC which works pretty well for what it is but if you want a full immersive experience you can join vatsim a third party ATC services

please note that the vatsim community can be... pretty hardcore

Last edited:

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. getting stuck on loading screen a fifth of the way.
edit:
fifth try is working.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I just had a quick go. 9th gen i7, 32gig of ram, RTX2070. 1440p. Terrible framerates. Tried knocking the render res down to 80% and it did nothing. I think I'll wait for DF to tell me the best settings.

Gandie

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft is literally one of the biggest companies in the world and I'm not even getting 100 mbit/s.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Instead of playing I instantly updated the rolling cache from 8 to 50gb and I'm now sitting here for 5 minutes waiting till it's done with updating.
Good job. 🙄

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I don't even know where you guys are seeing that information (download speed), all I see is what's currently downloading and how many GB I'm at.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm gonna try this with Game Pass, but my laptop only has a i5 8300H, GTX 1050, and 8GB ram. Let's see if I can get 60fps with low settings and a 1080p resolution, or if I'm doomed to failure. Hell, I would take 1080/solid 30 if I have to.

May 24, 2019
Is the install packages path where the game will sit? Because it's pointing to my C drive by default, but the available space number is from another drive.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
" This Home CockTpit works with P3Dv5. It will probably be compatible with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 after the software we use has be adapted. "

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Holy shit what a setup

PhotogDoug

Nov 10, 2017
Dayton, OH

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

That's an insane setup. I'm guessing all the overhead switches work as well?

👏 Nice work

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

That on another level! Holy shit!

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Seeing those reviews was a nice thing to wake up to, congrats to Asobo and Xbox! Cannot wait to dive in tomorrow.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna try this with Game Pass, but my laptop only has a i5 8300H, GTX 1050, and 8GB ram. Let's see if I can get 60fps with low settings and a 1080p resolution, or if I'm doomed to failure. Hell, I would take 1080/solid 30 if I have to.
Would aim for 30fps. I think for this type of games 30 is good also.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
My throttle which is supposed to arrive today from Amazon has yet to ship and I'm starting to get a little anxious. I can, of course, play without a dedicated throttle quadrant, but considering I spent so much on a yoke and pedals setup for this game, not having the throttle for launch is bumming me out.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm my download seems to have frozen at 31.39gb...

Either decompressing a BIG file (I am not on an SSD) or it's really frozen. Any huge issues with quitting out of the download manager and opening it again?

Edit: it's fine, it was a big file decompressing

kVH2LpZd

Apr 3, 2019
Damn, the Region change also works with the non Gamepass version.

€dit: maybe not, it wants a disc inserted for my digital Version???

May 24, 2019
Is the install packages path where the game will sit? Because it's pointing to my C drive by default, but the available space number is from another drive.

Sorry y'all, but I'm about to leave it downloading while I sleep. I'm guessing this C location is only for temp files, but my C drive just has 15GB free (the available space number of 350GB or so must have come from the install folder I set in the Xbox app, which will be large enough.)
I'm a little worried about waking up to my C drive being maxed out during the install.

edit: Though I'm 2GB into the install, and my C drive hasn't lost any space, so maybe there's nothing to worry about.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
I was a gig into the 91GB and my connection disconnected... it reconnected but wouldn't resume. I quit and retried, it knew some of the game was installed but kept hanging on the same file. So I uninstalled and now after picking the install location, I'm stuck on this. Any ideas?

fs.png

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait to play tomorrow! I'll take off from my dinky little outback Australia town and be amazed at the ability to easily cross borders@l!

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I was a gig into the 91GB and my connection disconnected... it reconnected but wouldn't resume. I quit and retried, it knew some of the game was installed but kept hanging on the same file. So I uninstalled and now after picking the install location, I'm stuck on this. Any ideas?

fs.png
Just ALT-F4 out and restart. I had to do that a couple times before it would proceed.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017

fs.png

My screen shows the exact same progress. Performance monitor shows no activity on ethernet/received, either. Closed it and restarted, and the same thing.

PhotogDoug

Nov 10, 2017
Dayton, OH

I was stuck on this as well. Restarted my PC and it started working again.

Yibby

Nov 10, 2017
Ok the download/installation process is not the best. Downloading and extracting each individual file takes forever. I'm at 10gb but i would be at ~20gb if the download would not stop for every single file.
Also i'm not a fan of downloading inside the game. My graphics card is going to run for hours now, for a single progress bar ...

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So it's 92GB including cache for streaming? Which parts can I split up to make the install smaller if possible? (Otherwise will just have to delete more stuff)