• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it's even possible, to take the algorithm's used to make all these realistic landcapes, buildings and roads, and make it all drive able (World Trucking Simulator)

Just an insane looking game.

Ebisu

Oct 27, 2017
So this will be available on PC first. But will it be available on Xbox One later? Or just on Xbox series X?

Sorry I couldn't find the info at the website. I just see Windows 10 and XBox Games Studios, but not sure if that implies a console version.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Mmm, I thought they were retrouching by hand nearly all of the most famous world monuments, but la Sagrada Familia looks like fucking google maps ass.

They will use streaming to load the maps to the game, better connection means better map quality but might be entirely based on the quality that bing uses on their available maps.

www.polygon.com

The biggest surprise of Microsoft Flight Simulator: it makes Bing cool

We spent hours exploring the pre-alpha’s landscapes, streamed in from the cloud

It´s also talked about in one of the videos they released but not sure which one.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe thats why its still in alpha. ;)
I hope, it will be a pity if spanish famous monuments were not worked in good by hand in good quality for the final version while others are for other countries (like the castle in the fourth screenshot). La Sagrada Familia being the most famous one with La alhambra mean that if La Sagrada Familia is given only the map quality treatment, the rest are going to have similar shit quality.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
How many 4080Ti Supers do I need for this?

I'm not an expert at all, but shouldn't this be surprisingly easy to run? I'd think it'd be similar to a racing game, nothing is really being animated, and isn't most of the scenery pre-rendered?

I could be totally off here and I'm sure it will take a beast of a rig to fully max it out, but I expect it will reasonably playable on a modest PC setup or X1X.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is the HOTAS controller good enough for this? I thought that this kind of games required more buttons if you wanted to go for the simulation route

leon9506

Aug 31, 2018
mma-drone-flight2-ho-mo-20200107_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

In case you're wondering - this is what reality looks like.

(I see no difference)
it looks worse than the game!

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Any good flight sims to mess around while I wait for this?

I don't have any peripherals but looking for something I can perhaps use a controller + keyboard combination with.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
Can someone take this tech and make a worldwide battlefield style game where you can go any real location in the world and fight

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if a flight sim game is 'my thing', but with this coming to game pass, and looking that good, I gotta give it a shot.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Is the HOTAS controller good enough for this? I thought that this kind of games required more buttons if you wanted to go for the simulation route

HOTAS plus your regular keyboard is enough for the simpler planes. Flying a C172 doesn't require lots of controls.

While I have a Saitek X52 Pro the truth is I often fly X-Plane 11 more with an Xbox Controller.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone take this tech and make a worldwide battlefield style game where you can go any real location in the world and fight

There's TitanIM/Titan Vanguard which uses the Outerra engine, but it's only for Military Training use.
It's rumored that the resurrected Microprose's new game might use the same technology since it's run by the same guy who runs Titan.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Its bloody gorgeous. Probably a waste to play this on one monitor eh? Looks like its set to work with a whole lot of them for immersion.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018

There's TitanIM/Titan Vanguard which uses the Outerra engine, but it's only for Military Training use.
It's rumored that the resurrected Microprose's new game might use the same technology since it's run by the same guy who runs Titan.

Cool! I remember seeing Outerra engine but didn't see any practical games for it... I can see someone creating something like this eventually in the future, it seems inevitable!

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Any good flight sims to mess around while I wait for this?

I don't have any peripherals but looking for something I can perhaps use a controller + keyboard combination with.

X Plane has a demo (closest analogue to MS FS)
www.x-plane.com

Download the Free X-Plane 11 Demo

The X-Plane 11 beta is here! Download the X-Plane 11 demo today, for free. Available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

So does DCS (modern combat sim)

DCS World 2.9

And Rise of Flight (WW1 sim)

Rise of Flight

The ultimate WWI flight-sim on the PC, A unique flying experience unmatched anywhere else

And Wings of Prey (WW2 sim-game hybrid)
store.steampowered.com

Wings of Prey on Steam

Wings of Prey is based around the large-scale aerial combat and ground military operations of World War II. Players can participate in some of the war’s most famous battles piloting fighters, battle planes and bombers across a range of thrilling missions.

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
That Pilatus getting lots of love in screenshots. Would love to have one in real life.

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hope nvidia announce those 3xx cards soon so I can get the best one for this game.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm eagerly waiting to see if they post any of the screenshots I've shared on the Insider forum, they're wide 3440x1440 screenshots too so I hope to see them pop up in one of these posts.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
SimTom is turning out like SunhiLegend, sort of the unofficial photographer for MS2020. He's got an eye for getting good shots out of it.

Utherellus

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Bing Maps 3D(Windows 10 App)
Jcijji33iJJmb.jpg

MFS2020
Jcijji6xiJJm-.jpg

Bing Maps 3D
PcijjipXiJJmT.png

MFS2020
JcijjiWWiJJmD.jpg

Bing Maps 3D