• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
This should have won game of the year, it's by far the most ambitious and ground breaking game released. This year, people flew into hurricanes that were taking place in real life. Nothing compared.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
First game I'm not mad is skipping my One X.

There's just no way.

Day one for gamepass and my HOTAS.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
This should have won game of the year, it's by far the most ambitious and ground breaking game released. This year, people flew into hurricanes that were taking place in real life. Nothing compared.
Nothing else made me weep either. No joking. Flying over my parent's home in England when I can't be there myself helped in an awful year. It's powerful stuff.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Finally!

Asobo getting an extra year ti port this hopefully means they are really overhauling the UI and controls for console. Hopefully it also means they are going to game-ify it a lot more, but hopefully adding a lot more flights, missions, and training missions.

Disappointing news. We already knew it was coming and that's way later than I thought. I really hope there is an Xbox exclusive in the first half of the year.

There should be a bunch.

The Medium, Crossfire X, Scorn, Darktide. Psychonauts 2 is next-gen only on Xbox I believe.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Just imagining the thought of the jaguar cores of the Xbox One running the game gives me a chuckle.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Playing an optimized version of Flight Simulator in a cheap machine would probably be the biggest pure xbox series exclusive in a good while

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Finally. Now I guess I have to really consider getting an XSX instead of upgrading my PC next year.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Reading the information on Xbox Wire it looks like they are working with companies to bring accessories/flight sticks etc. for the launch of the Series version of the game. I can't wait.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Looks fantastic!

Summer is a bit later than I thought but I can't wait! This game is huge though, isn't it? I'll already running out of space on my xsx (thanks game pass!), so I'll have to plan accordingly

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
For me, this game is the closest thing to a "system seller" I've ever seen from Microsoft.

Still not enough to overcome the sunken costs in Sony's platform as I can't justify having two next gen systems with 99.9% software overlap, but damn if I don't feel I'm really missing out for pretty much the first time (Alan Wake is one of the few others I can think of, curious about Forza too).

Have had most Nintendo and Sony systems, but never was compelled to go with a Sega console.

Enjoy this one Xboxers ;)

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
For me, this game is the closest thing to a "system seller" I've ever seen from Microsoft.

Still not enough to overcome the sunken costs in Sony's platform as I can't justify having two next gen systems with 99.9% software overlap, but damn if I don't feel I'm really missing out for pretty much the first time (Alan Wake is one of the few others I can think of, curious about Forza too).

Have had most Nintendo and Sony systems, but never was compelled to go with a Sega console.

Enjoy this one Xboxers ;)
It is out on PC already and getting updated constantly.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Very excited for this because I can't play this game on my laptop.

It should as the very least have been nominated for Game of the Year.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Looks far better than I could get it to look on my PC, looking forward to playing it on my Series X! Hopefully they spend time thoughtfully reconsidering the default controller mapping too.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
This is such a good quick resume title for me, I'm not a big flight simmer but I love popping on for 30-60 mins just to explore somewhere new while listening to some music or working.

I can run this on my laptop (rx 5600m, 4600h) at 1080p no problem with most settings on high and clouds on ultra and it gives me a smooth enough 30fps in most instances and it looks stunning. It should theoretically perform better once the directx 12 version is done. We'll be getting great-looking versions on both series consoles, and this is one title I'd definitely opt for quality over performance mode. Just give us those ultra clouds Asobo, I'd sacrifice any other setting for them, they're expensive but worth it.

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
Nice! Was searching for information about the game coming to consoles just the other day. Will be fun to fly around :D

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Nice to get a release window, this will be perfect for quick resume! Performance-wise, it should run great. I'm running it on high settings and 60 fps on my laptop, with a 9th gen i5 and GTX 1650, so the S|X consoles will be fine.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to get a release window, this will be perfect for quick resume! Performance-wise, it should run great. I'm running it on high settings and 60 fps on my laptop, with a 9th gen i5 and GTX 1650, so the S|X consoles will be fine.
Will it support quick resume into the game if it relies so heavily on a network connection?

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
This is a killer app for me. It's gonna be glorious when it comes out. Can't wait to fly over all the places I have lived in my life.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Great, so now two q's remain:

A: What will the controller support be? Surely they can't ignore PC HOTAS hardware.

B: Will it be on xcloud?

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
looking at the rig needed to run this well on PC....

good luck on consoles....better optimized the hell out of it.

Series X is significantly more powerful than the recommended specs, and on par with the Core i7/RTX2080 ideal spec.

It's also getting ported to Direct X and a ton of optimization, so there's justification for optimism.

TRV

Nov 27, 2020
The Netherlands
This game is the reason I will buy a Series S, I haven't been this excited for a game in years. Getting access to other Xbox games will be a nice bonus!
I've played FS a bit at a friend and have watched countless streams, to me this is the most next-gen feeling game out there.

I'll probably buy an S for my old man so he can play Flight Sim on it.
I'll probably do the same. My father absolutely loved FS 98 and 2002, but otherwise doesn't play games.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
don't get me wrong...i'm sure it is running and can run on a series x. the question is how well..

Like i mentioned, the game needs literally the best of the best in terms of PC hardware currently in order to run well in 4k. Until maybe star citizen is out, Flight Simulator is the current benchmark of benchmark in terms of making PC hardware cry.

As per my original comment, they better optimize the shit out of it for console.
Note, for this real-time 4K trailer they pulled a "The Order 1866" with the gameplay shot in ultrawide, so more like 1600p when not counting the black bars.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
oh shit so it's gonna be GOTY two years in a row

No wait, Disco Elysium is next year as well isn't it.

Fuck it Flight Sim is still amazing
Seriously though. Barely gets any acknowledgement but it's easily the most technically impressive game of the year, and even if the past few years IMO. I can't remember the last time a game blew me away so much simply based on the tech they've put into it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
looking at the rig needed to run this well on PC....

good luck on consoles....better optimized the hell out of it.

Meh, I run this with a six year old 980. Recommended spec (not minimum, recommended) is a 970.

It's CPU heavy and an SSD is required for Ultra but, largely, it scales well.

You only need a beast rig if you're trying to push ultra settings.