• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Pictures of the base Xbox One version
maxresdefault.jpg
Lol

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Specs are very reasonable and quite expected.

--
Fucking hell. Got the PC specs but held back by garbage Australian internet.
You are not, the 150GB space requirement is with reserved cache space. You can pre-cache area that you will be flying in, so as long as you wont be wanting to fly one day in Australia and Africa, and another day in America and Europe you should be fine.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, I wonder if the i5 8400's 2 extra cores and threads are that much different compared to the 6600k. I'll probably be able to run it close to recommended anyways. Between this and HL:Alyx, the 6600k is just not keeping up for even medium stuff anymore :(

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Crazy to see 'bandwidth' on a list of system requirements. I guess it makes sense that you need a faster connection the better the textures and maps you need to stream in from the cloud or whatever.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Seems crazy. I thought this might be for downloading the whole world but then I feel like I read somewhere that while you can do that it would be like terabytes. Idk.

Is this just for like, every single plane model being super high detail? Or what.

They apparently have over 2 Petabytes of world data.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FTTP was installed in our street last year. Just waiting for my current broadband deal to finish before switching over to deal with this kind of nonsense!

Oct 26, 2017
You are not, the 150GB space requirement is with reserved cache space. You can pre-cache area that you will be flying in, so as long as you wont be wanting to fly one day in Australia and Africa, and another day in America and Europe you should be fine.

Is there a source for that? I know you can pre-load an area at higher detail but how could they claim it's limited to some portion of 150GB when it will be entirely dependent on the amount of land the route covers?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Since this doesn't need any real precice control. Its actually a good game to be completely streamed.

May 31, 2018
Ohio
Soo, the 5700XT tends to run games a bit better in benchmarks than the Radeon VII, so I'm assuming it'll hit the Ideal Spec? I'm good on everything else.

This is still coming to Game Pass right?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a dogfighting mode with air battles, or bombing missions?
I really hope people don't get the wrong idea about what this sim is. Don't let the other "simulator" games like Truck or Farming fool you. In FS, you take off from one airport and land at another. That's it. That's really all there is. In the previous versions of the sim (I've played a fair amount of FSX lately), the only "missions" were just fixed scenarios, specific airports and maybe stopping somewhere along the way. The most exciting they got was having time limits. They might say "Deliver emergency medical supplies!", but you still just took off from one airport and landed at another, there was't even an interface for the "medical supplies", it was just flavor text on the loading screen.

I get the feeling a lot of people are going to play this expecting a lot more of a "game", and then complaining about how "boring" and "pointless" it is. I'm there day one because I know what I'm getting into. I've got upwards of $500 worth of flight sim peripherals and I've barely scratched the surface of what's out there. But do your homework before you jump in.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
32gb I knew would be a must for next gen. Ssd worries me. I'm with 3tb of ssds but I think I will buy at least 2tb more to handle next gen games. We gonna see games going to 500gb probably.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope people don't get the wrong idea about what this sim is. Don't let the other "simulator" games like Truck or Farming fool you. In FS, you take off from one airport and land at another. That's it. That's really all there is. In the previous versions of the sim (I've played a fair amount of FSX lately), the only "missions" were just fixed scenarios, specific airports and maybe stopping somewhere along the way. The most exciting they got was having time limits. They might say "Deliver emergency medical supplies!", but you still just took off from one airport and landed at another, there was't even an interface for the "medical supplies", it was just flavor text on the loading screen.

I get the feeling a lot of people are going to play this expecting a lot more of a "game", and then complaining about how "boring" and "pointless" it is. I'm there day one because I know what I'm getting into. I've got upwards of $500 worth of flight sim peripherals and I've barely scratched the surface of what's out there. But do your homework before you jump in.

I was half-joking.

I know the game is mostly meters and gauges with pretty sights.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I was half-joking.

I know the game is mostly meters and gauges with pretty sights.
It wasn't aimed just at you, I've seen a lot of other people talk about it like that. ;)

Really, all the gauges and all that is just informational. The trick comes from when you go deep. If you start the sim cold and dark, then you need to figure out how to get the thing turned on before you can even think about taxiing to the runway, much less actually getting into the air. You can hit the easy-mode "start engine" shortcut, or you can sit there and figure out what buttons you need to push and what switches you need to flip first. It can get pretty crazy, in a fun way. I remember flying once and wondering why the plane wasn't getting up to speed, knowing full well it should be faster than it is, especially at full throttle. Half an hour into the flight before I realized that I forgot to retract the landing gear...

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017

I really hope they will put in even a rudimentary air freight meta game where you transport goods/passengers to earn money.

There are a few mods for FSX that do this as well, so if anything we are most likely going to at least get mods that will add more game elements.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
The one thing they haven't mentioned at all I really hope they add is a comprehensive flight school. I want it to be better than youtube tutorials.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they will put in even a rudimentary air freight meta game where you transport goods/passengers to earn money.
And do what? You don't need money for anything. You don't have to "level up" or earn money to buy more expensive planes. If you want to fly a 747 right from the start, just pick it from the menu and off you go. There is no progression. That's why I try to avoid calling it a "game" and call it a "sim", because there aren't any "game" elements in it, and I don't believe there should be.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
And do what? You don't need money for anything. You don't have to "level up" or earn money to buy more expensive planes. If you want to fly a 747 right from the start, just pick it from the menu and off you go. There is no progression. That's why I try to avoid calling it a "game" and call it a "sim", because there aren't any "game" elements in it, and I don't believe there should be.
People like to roleplay. Thats why you have people acting like being a Tower on a airfield.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
People like to roleplay. Thats why you have people acting like being a Tower on a airfield.
You don't need the sim to tell you to do that, though. I once flew a cargo flight from St. Louis to Houston because I was "following" an Amazon package that I was expecting the next day. The sim didn't have a pre-defined "mission" to make me do it, I just did it. Far more rewarding in a sim like this to make your own goals, not just do what the "game" tells you to do.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
You don't need the sim to tell you to do that, though. I once flew a cargo flight from St. Louis to Houston because I was "following" an Amazon package that I was expecting the next day. The sim didn't have a pre-defined "mission" to make me do it, I just did it. Far more rewarding in a sim like this to make your own goals, not just do what the "game" tells you to do.
I dont know. Doesnt hurt. The game will be mod supported alot so people will try alot of things i guess.