• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Really interesting tech. The game is looking so relaxing. Can't wait to put Free Bird on loop and play it.

Deleted member 5457

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First of all, it looks fantastic. One thing bugs me, though... Colors are too saturated/cartoony for this type of game. I don't know if it's an engine thing (like is often seen in UE4 games), but I hope it can be tuned.

Great to see Flight Simulator again :)

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Really curious to see how it looks up close - overall it looks stunning, but the colors should be desaturated a bit since we're going for the real world look.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Really curious to see how it looks up close - overall it looks stunning, but the colors should be desaturated a bit since we're going for the real world look.

You have a few shots in this video (German Video, sorry) where the magic gets a little bit lost for a few seconds because it reminds you of a Maps like app with 3D buildings or Google Earth with 3D buildings and 3D blobs as forest. It's the first time I noticed "some flaws" with it.
But uncanny valley is supposed to happen when you go this realistic.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously what black magic fuckery is this? It's easily the best looking game I've seen in a long time

A non-combat flight simulator can put almost every ounce of power towards graphic fidelity.

There is no AI, no game systems, no character animations... nothing but aerodynamic simulation on a single aircraft.

It looks like they are throwing in some wildlife animations as well, but those are very cheap.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
So is "Can it run Crysis?" going to be replaced with "Can it run Microsoft Flight Simuator?"

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
They have announced that this will hit Xbox One eventually.
Granted the question was geared more towards PC owners who are looking to run it at 60fps and upwards.

The alpha version shown seems to be capped at 30fps...on PC with a 2080 Ti no less. I'm wondering if there is a rig currently available that can run it at higher framerates atm.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
The procedural stuff sounds amazing, specially knowing how this will receive support for years to come. It can only get better.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
CookedLimitedBovine-size_restricted.gif

OrganicWideeyedIberianbarbel-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Saw a more extended video on FS that also summarized the history of flight sims. The difference in what I grew up with in the 90s and what the kids will get today is quite something.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
Bethesda... Our next game will have the biggest world we ever created and will be 4 times the size of....

MS... Hold my beer...

Open world games will be so huge in the future can't wait for what ever will come.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
A very real spy/stealth game where you take on the role of a top-class assassin with a crazy set of skills including car/ riding and flying planes to real locations to take out targets.
Bethesda... Our next game will have the biggest world we ever created and will be 4 times the size of....

MS... Hold my beer...

Open world games will be so huge in the future can't wait for what ever will come.
Lol