• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Pitts3-2048x1152.png

We are excited to announce that build 1.6.13 (Closed Beta) is now available for download for all Alpha testers.

For those that have not yet received an invitation, invites will continue to be sent through 07.30.

Content and Track IR

NEW CONTENT

9 NEW AIRCRAFT
The following airplanes are now available to fly.

Piston Aircraft

• Aviat Pitts Special S2S
  • Extra 330LT
  • Flight Design CTSL
  • Icon A5
  • JMB Aircraft VL-3
  • Robin Cap10
  • Zlin Aviation Savage Cub

Turboprop Aircraft

• Textron Aviation Beechcraft King Air 350i

Jet Aircraft

• Textron Aviation Cessna Citation CJ4

3 NEW BUSH TRIPS
Bush Trips are a set of activities which test your navigation skills and have you flying long-distance across remote locations.

• Breckenridge to Mariposa Yosemite – Nevada – Savage Cub
  • Los Cerros to Cochrane – Patagonia – X Cub
  • Rijeka to Santorini – Balkans – Cessna 172 Skyhawk SP

4 NEW FLIGHT TRAINING TUTORIALS
  • Flight training teaches you how to fly using a Cessna 152.
  • Traffic Patterns – Maneuver safely around a busy airfield
  • First Solo Flight – tackle a traffic pattern on your own
  • Navigation – Follow a flight plan from point A to point B
  • First Solo Navigation – Fly from A to B entirely on your own
22 NEW LANDING CHALLENGES
Famous

Well known locations and challenges that are well within reach. Focus on fundamental landing techniques, precision and smoothness.

• Jackson – KJAC, USA – Cessna Citation CJ4
  • Llanada Grande – SCLD, Chile – Cessna C172 Skyhawk (G1000)
  • New York – KJFK, USA – Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental
  • Nice – LFMN, France – Beechcraft Bonanza G36
  • Quito – SEQM, Ecuador – Beechcraft King Air 350i
  • Rio de Janeiro – SBGL, Brazil – Airbus A320neo
  • Sydney – YSSY, Australia – Airbus A320neo
  • Toronto – CYTZ, Canada – Daher TBM 930

Epic

Face the most iconic and dangerous places to land in the world.

• Aspen – KASE, USA – Cessna Citation CJ4
  • Bugalaga – WX53, Indonesia – Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX
  • Lukla – VNLK, Nepal – Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX
  • Paro – VQPR, Kingdom of Bhutan – Airbus A320neo
  • Saba – TNCS, Caribbean Netherlands – Beechcraft King Air 350i
  • Saint-Barthelemy – TFFJ, French Antilles – Daher TBM 930
  • Tegucigalpa – MHTG, Honduras – Airbus A320neo
  • Strong Winds

Strong winds make a pilot's job even harder. Contend with air currents and crosswinds along the approach path to ensure a good landing.

• Donegal – EIDL, ireland – Beechcraft Bonanza G36
  • Funchal – LPMA, Portugal – Airbus A320neo
  • Gibraltar – LXGB, United Kingdom – Airbus A320neo
  • Innsbruck – LOWI, Austria – Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental
  • Nanwalek – KEB, USA – Cessna C172 Skyhawk (G1000)
  • Nassau – MYNN, Bahamas – Daher TBM 930
  • Queenstown – NZQN, New Zealand – Cessna Citation CJ4

NEW FEATURE
Track IR
Microsoft Flight Sim now supports Track IR. This must be configured outside of the sim in the normal method. Track IR is available in the following locations:

• Menu – Hangar
  • In-flight – Cockpit camera
  • In-flight – Chase camera

www.flightsimulator.com

Closed Beta Now Available - Microsoft Flight Simulator

We are excited to announce that build 1.6.13 (Closed Beta) is now available for download for all Alpha testers. Invites will continue to be sent through 07.30.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Intresting. I read that you only need to download 12mb from the MS store.
And then ingame it really starts the full download of the game. Maybe that a thing to avoid big installs on the MS store or something else.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Signed up day 1, still not in :( Anyway not too long to wait.
I did play at X019 and it was amazing.

Any changes to the NDA for the beta?

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Signed up day 1, still not in :( Anyway not too long to wait.
I did play at X019 and it was amazing.

Any changes to the NDA for the beta?
Not sure really. As for the moment the closed beta is first for alpha users and NDA still in play. Tomorrow it opens up more.
And someone on here said some embargo lifts on July 30

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
3 NEW BUSH TRIPS

4 NEW FLIGHT TRAINING TUTORIALS

22 NEW LANDING CHALLENGES

Now this is what's exciting about this update to me, finally some glimpses of what missions will be available. I love that bush trips are among the missions, as they could be challening to find on your own.

Also some solid confirmation we're getting flight lessons in a Cessna 152. Hopefully it's neatly done.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Now this is what's exciting about this update to me, finally some glimpses of what missions will be available. I love that bush trips are among the missions, as they could be challening to find on your own.

Also some solid confirmation we're getting flight lessons in a Cessna 152. Hopefully it's neatly done.
What are bush trips?

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
What are bush trips?

As the name suggests flights to the bush, often landing on dodgy dirt strips in the middle of the forest, jungle, up on mountains or by lakes. Often to go hiking, fishing, or exploring nature. The Cub planes included in this game are perfect for that, with their big ol wheels. But it can be hard to find out exactly where those air strips are, or what good routes are. So I'm happy they include some as missions.

6a982923de3ecd1ad8d68757b0894fcc.jpg

Rough_Riders_11-01-11_1_FLASH.jpg

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
As the name suggests flights to the bush, often landing on dodgy dirt strips in the middle of the forest, jungle, up on mountains or by lakes. The Cub planes included in this game are perfect for that, with their big ol wheels. But it can be hard to find out exactly where those air strips are, or what good routes are. So I'm happy they include some as missions.

Ah oke. Cool

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
So is there going to be a career mode in this game, start off getting license for small single engine planes and move up to commercial planes?

Oct 27, 2017
Memphis, TN
I'm so mad I never got any invites for testing this, but oh well its coming out soon. I'm in the middle of my IRL Instrument Rating right now and home sims are super helpful for instrument. They are garbage for learning initial private pilot stuff and absolute will teach bad habits but for instrument they are a god send. Looking forward to seeing if this will be worth the switch from X-plane 11. I know theres obviously a G1000 equipped 172 in this and thats what I train in so as long as it works well I'm definitely planning on switching. Even if it means i have to actually boot over to windows for the first time in actual years.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
So is there going to be a career mode in this game, start off getting license for small single engine planes and move up to commercial planes?

Seems not at launch. There will be a flight school of sorts. And there will be missions and challenges, as mentioned in the op.

The developers have acknowledged fans wish for some career mode several times though.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
As the name suggests flights to the bush, often landing on dodgy dirt strips in the middle of the forest, jungle, up on mountains or by lakes. Often to go hiking, fishing, or exploring nature. The Cub planes included in this game are perfect for that, with their big ol wheels. But it can be hard to find out exactly where those air strips are, or what good routes are. So I'm happy they include some as missions.

Are those in game pictures? or IRL? Like I can't even tell the difference in some pictures lol

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Never got an invite either, signed up from the start :/

Then again this was pre system upgrade where I had a lowly 8gb system memory and a 970, now 32 with a 2060S. Can't remember where to go to update my dxdiag file on the beta signup.

aeroslash

Feb 7, 2018
Landing in Nice with a Bonanza is not a challenge. They should have done the scenario with a 380 (if it was in the sim).

Also, windy airports and there's no Bristol or La Palma? This two are at least above Gibraltar for sure.

Such a pitty i cannot try it. Landing in Lukla would be very nice.

Then again this was pre system upgrade where I had a lowly 8gb system memory and a 970, now 32 with a 2060S. Can't remember where to go to update my dxdiag file on the beta signup.

Exactly the same that happened to me.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Just upgraded and I so want to try this, shame they didn't introduce a "buy it and beta access" option even if it was for one or two areas/airports.

I guess it's out in a few weeks.....

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017

Landing in Nice with a Bonanza is not a challenge. They should have done the scenario with a 380 (if it was in the sim).

Also, windy airports and there's no Bristol or La Palma? This two are at least above Gibraltar for sure.

Such a pitty i cannot try it. Landing in Lukla would be very nice.

Exactly the same that happened to me.
Hey welcome to the club!

cDgVNna.gif

BabaaBooey

Jul 20, 2020
Always check you insider hub app. Not everyone gets a email or its gets lost in the junk folder.
Thank you so much! Like many I signed up practically the first day back in June 2019. Everytime new invites got sent out I would check my email for a invite everyday for a couple days including my spam folders and such. Nothing.... Well after I saw your post I opened up the Xbox Insider Hub and there it was. The alpha waiting for me to join!