• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
That's rich coming from someone, who apparently feels the need to defend a corporate figure for not sticking to his claims, which were widely noted by the fanbase when they were made. Corporations can change their stance depending on their position (e.g. maintaining parity clause while having the upper hand), but it's another thing to give it a pass, just to root for the team, when it does no good for consumers.

Those who are easily labelling others often fit the term better themselves.

Phil Spencer is allowed to take a position today, and change it next year if it leads to a better strategy.
Same for Jim Ryan, Cerny and anyone at Nintendo.

Nothing he's said is 'anti-consumer' or negatively affects gamers. The only reason you're this dismayed is because you're a PlayStation only gamer who has a significant interest in a reduced number of Xbox exclusives to manage FOMO.

Happily enough, I own every single modern gaming platform known to mankind, so I don't share your constraints.
Cheers :)

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Phil Spencer is allowed to take a position today, and change it next year if it leads to a better strategy.
Same for Jim Ryan, Cerny and anyone at Nintendo.

Nothing he's said is 'anti-consumer' or negatively affects gamers. The only reason you're this dismayed is because you're a PlayStation only gamer who has a significant interest in a reduced number of Xbox exclusives to manage FOMO.

Happily enough, I own every single modern gaming platform known to mankind, so I don't share your constraints.
Cheers :)

He can certainly change his stance, like I said in my post, and is apparently doing so. It's odd to defend it, not to mention, turn the argument towards me, away from the subject, which is against the forum's TOS. I guess that's how it goes when there's little else to support your stance.

Everyone should be dismayed by 3rd party exclusives, that take away instead of adding anything to the table. I've said it multiple times before, in a perfect world we wouldn't have any 3rd party exclusives, timed or not, and on any platform, aside from those that wouldn't be made without the platform holder's support.

Ah, the usual, "can't be biased for owning multiple platforms". It works so well every time.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Bumping this because we just got a statement from Microsoft regarding that Stevivor story. Long story short, there are actually no plans for xCloud exclusive content at this time.
Lol thread suddenly so silent.

If someone cant open the link

We're very early in the multi-year journey for Project xCloud, which is currently in public preview. We are investigating a variety of new capabilities made possible by the cloud. However, we remain committed to an approach with game streaming that is complementary to console and have no plans for cloud-exclusive content at this time.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
Since it runs off of actual Xbox hardware it would make zero sense for anything to be exclusive to xcloud at this point. Makes sense that there are no plans for exclusives.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Since it runs off of actual Xbox hardware it would make zero sense for anything to be exclusive to xcloud at this point. Makes sense that there are no plans for exclusives.

True, though they could theoretically use elastic compute to exploit the power of multiple server instances at once. That'd have to be cut down for the local Xbox or even PC hardware though, in terms of physics and AI.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I'm not against this if we can play them on Xbox One/Scarlett over streaming and if we can buy access for perpetuity like a digital exclusive. Otherwise not so keen on this being honest.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Could mean a lot of different things. Things that make sense:
  1. Game shows
  2. Games being exclusive means not coming to other streaming platforms
If it's multiplayer it doesn't matter. Multiplayer games like 1 vs 100 would be able to stream from Xbox console.

Per usual, lack of clarity and shitty communication. Looks like we'll get another generation of Microsoft running their product into the ground with messaging. Spencer really needs to fix this.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Could mean a lot of different things. Things that make sense:
  1. Game shows
  2. Games being exclusive means not coming to other streaming platforms
If it's multiplayer it doesn't matter. Multiplayer games like 1 vs 100 would be able to stream from Xbox console.

Per usual, lack of clarity and shitty communication. Looks like we'll get another generation of Microsoft running their product into the ground with messaging. Spencer really needs to fix this.
Uhh check the statement above. And alot of times sites "make things up" like people expected already as the lines didnt really make sense.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Im guessing they probably release such news first to gauge reaction and then back away or move in with the idea after studying responses from everywhere. Probably current stadia issues must have also played a factor here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They clarified it a couple of day ago already tho. Thats why the thread was suddenly dead. :P