• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft is bringing its Xbox All Access bundle back, just in time for the holiday season. Xbox All Access is a bundle that splits the cost of an Xbox console, Xbox Game Pass, and Xbox Live into monthly payments across 24 months. Microsoft will bundle an Xbox One X, Xbox One S, or a digital edition of the Xbox One S with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, from $19.99 per month. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate provides access to games across Xbox and PC, and Xbox Live Gold multiplayer support.

The $19.99 monthly base bundle will include a digital Xbox One S with 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, and the option to upgrade early after 18 months. A regular Xbox One S bundle will be priced at $22.99 per month over 24 months, and an Xbox One X will be available for $30.99 per month. Microsoft is introducing a special upgrade offer for the Xbox One X bundle, with the ability to upgrade to Project Scarlett in 12 months time.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds like an interesting proposition for those wanting to defray the cost over a time period.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, ok, ok Microsoft!!! Jeez, I'll get the One X and Game Pass. Ok? Happy now?

Damn this sounds like an incredible deal.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Layaway service basically? Yeeeesh.
Unless Scarlett is $600 at launch, this isnt that good of a deal. Get a credit card and find a deal on an X for $280-$300 on eBay.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I guess this means Scarlett being $399? Or $499? Any guesses? I mean, you get an X now and in total you pay $480 and then you even got the new console.

Jan 29, 2018
There is an option to upgrade this to Scarlett.

I wonder how it will work though. Will retailers set aside part of their launch inventory for people with this All Access deal? First come first serve?

It's an interesting idea in the context of the half step consoles we got this gen. What if you just paid $30 a month in perpetuity and you got a new upgraded console every two years?

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
If it works out where it isn't much more than buying the Scarlet outright, it's a no brainer.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Also assuming upgrading to Scarlett doesn't cost extra, if you take away the price of GamePass we're looking at $384. I think we're looking at a $399 price point for launch. I expect Sony to match. Microsoft is banking hard on services for the next console cycle. I'd expect to see Sony launch a similarly price service with the launch of PS5 (Outside of Now)

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
I wonder how it will work though. Will retailers set aside part of their launch inventory for people with this All Access deal? First come first serve?

It's an interesting idea in the context of the half step consoles we got this gen. What if you just paid $30 a month in perpetuity and you got a new upgraded console every two years?

I assume you will need to excercise this option until a specific date so basically "pre order" it.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Yes but you also get the upgrade option. You pay $480 in total for gamepass, live and a console you can upgrade.
You only get the upgrade option with the X, which is $31x24=$744.

otherwise you have to wait 6 months afterScarlett os out

you guys subtracting gamepass are crazy too. You can get a full year for $30-$40 by looking out for deals already.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Limited time offer: Get an Xbox One X now, and upgrade to Project Scarlett in as few as 12 months.††

I mean this is nothing new that anyone didn't expect

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
The X package with the Scarlett upgrade is $30.99 per month. Or $743.76 total. Considering that A) You have to trade in a year old X to get Scarlett, and B) There are numerous ways to get Game Pass over two years for far less than the monthly cost, I wouldn't read TOO much into this being indicative of Scarlett pricing.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I think you will start seeing this more often. Especially with services being the goto, why not treat a console like a cellphone plan?

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
So to be able to get a Scarlett on all access at launch you have to take this X deal now ? Or will you be able to do it with Scarlett at launch ?

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

you guys subtracting gamepass are crazy too. You can get a full year for $30-$40 by looking out for deals already.
Ah, got it now. Still you also get Live and gamepass included in that.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty cool, would love if they had this in Canada..also would love that the closest MS store be less than a 6 hour drive from my place.

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
Unless Scarlett is $600 at launch, this isnt that good of a deal. Get a credit card and find a deal on an X for $280-$300 on eBay.

Layaway doesn't let you take the product home until its paid for in full.

This is just a financing option; definitely not something a smart consumer would go for since you can find an XBX marked down easily enough.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017

No. You are paying for a lease of a console along with access to XBL and GP.

Your $300 for a used X on E-Bay will not get you Ultimate, nor will the seller give you access to a Scarlett next year.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
That upgrade path implies they may offer a plan for Scarlett at launch right, that would be good.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
is this one of those cases where you end up playing 500 plus taxes instead of $350?

Can someone break it down, is this worth it in the long run? Or should i still buy it upfront?

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
So if you have to make 18 equivalent payments before you're eligible for the upgrade (t&c's I think), if Scarlet is out in 12 months, will you have to pay the 6 months outstanding upfront? If so, how many months are required to pay after that, if any?

EDIT: oh wait, it's 18 months if used against an S and 12 months with a One X.

Last edited:

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
No. You are paying for a lease of a console along with access to XBL and GP.

Your $300 for a used X on E-Bay will not get you Ultimate, nor will the seller give you access to a Scarlett next year.
Let me know when you wanna lease some furniture or applicanes. I got some I can sell you for double the price if you really want em that bad.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017

The best Game Pass deal I've seen in recent time is 6 months for $40. Not sure where you are finding a year for $30

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
I really doubt the Scarlett upgrade will be without extra costs. Looks like you will upgrade your All-Access sub once you decide to get Scarlett. So you will probably buy another 2-year access for probably another 30 or so each month.

players in the U.S. and U.K. will need to be in good standing with the respective financing partner in their market, purchase Project Scarlett with a new Xbox All Access purchase from the same retail partner where they joined the program, and trade-in the console originally purchased with Xbox All Access.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calculating the Aussie Prices...

Xbox One X:

$912 Total Cost over 24 months

Retail Prices -
Forza Lego 1TB XBX Bundle: $649
24 Months of Game Pass: $382.80

Total: $1031.80
Total Savings - $119.80

Xbox One S:

$648 Total cost over 24 months

Retail Prices -
Forza Lego 1TB XBS bundle: $399
24 Months of Game Pass: $382.80

Total: $781.80
Total Savings - $133.80

Telstra and MS are going to make a fucking Killing on this, and I'm heading into my local Telstra shop first thing tomorrow morning.

Last edited: