• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa

Older readers will surely remember the American company MicroProse, which at the turn of the 1980s and 1990s created some of the most popular simulators and strategy games in the world. We're talking about titles like Sid Meier's Civilization, Sid Meier's Pirates! or Railroad Tycoon. We have good news for the fans of these games, because it seems that MicroProse has revived and is preparing some new titles for us.

Earlier this year, rights to the MicroProse name were purchased by David Lagetti, creator of one of the largest open-world simulators - TitanIM. David was also involved in the development of simulators used in the military. In an interview for PC Pilot we can read that he wants to go back to the roots and produce high quality strategy games and simulators, for which MicroProse was once known. Some of them will be announced later this year, and the first game - Warbirds 2020 - will appear in late 2019 or in the first quarter of 2020. It is also worth knowing that Lagettie convinced Bill Stealey, the former owner of the company and co-founder of the Sid Meier's series, to work together.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Here's a name that I haven't heard in a while.

Domark should be revived next.

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Microprose?

Now that's a name I have not heard in a long long time.

Will we see the return of Geoff Crammond's F1GP? :O

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Now hire Geoff Crammond back and get the F1 license from Codemasters, please?

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
the best:
maxresdefault.jpg

a lot of bugs and dumb ia,but i had a blast playing this.Being able to play Magic on Pc was minblowing at that time.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Good time to remind yourselves that brands are not people, or organisations. But from the OP at least one person from way back then is onboard so that's something.

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
800px-Microprose-logo.svg.png

Some of my all time favs from the Amiga era including UFO: Enemy Unknown - Silent Service - Pirates - Gunship. Welcome back!

Oct 25, 2017
I believe Sir Geoff said he wouldn't work on an unlicensed Grand Prix game, so not a chance of seeing Grand Prix 5 :(

Fuck Codemasters and Liberty.

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Nice, I love Microprose, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Grand Prix 3 and Grand Prix World kept me occupied for hundreds of hours on my early PC gaming years.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
OMG...

Geoff Cramonds's Grand Prix
Midwinter
Carrier Command

Access to these great IP!

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Bring back Geoff Crammond's GP, Midwinter & Gunship 2000 and I will probably *explode!

*Not really but I'll be exceedingly happy!

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Purchasing the name does not mean anything returned.

Except maybe the feeling of sadness at Microprose's original demise.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I doubt they ever try a combat flight sim ever again. ... Unless a piggy back thrid party module for the new microsoft flight simulator.
There s close to no retail anymore on PC, no manual and store setup only, I can kiss goodbye to Jane's 200p book and 100p manual even if it happens.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
don't own xcom anymore though

I wonder if it comes with any of the other rights, like STTNG - A Final Unity. Maybe they could talk to paramount and it could finally be re-released

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Microprose were practically everything to me with PC gaming in the late 90s/early 2000s - F1GP, Civilization 2, Colonization, Master of Orion 1 & 2, Master of Magic, Railroad Tycoon and, of course, UFO: Enemy Unknown, my personal GOAT game.

In all seriousness I'm not expecting much but seeing them make a return does bring a tear to my eye. ;)

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow that's a throwback

I used to be a fiend at Airborne Ranger and Stunt Car Racer and so many others

I remember I got so good at the busted ass sword fighting in Pirates! that I could attack a whole city with a boat with one dude left and win

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Without all the titles that were associated with the former Microprose, they'll have start completely from scratch. Good luck.

Oct 28, 2017
I still remember playing F-19 game 25+ years ago, it was a damn good game and my introduction to Stealth, Radar, SAM, AA missiles, IL-76 and so many other things.

The plane identification test upon booting the game acted as both DRM and also a memory test, ha!.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Damn, all those titles. F-15 Strike Eagle, Might of Magic, Master of Orion, F-19.

What do they even have now?