• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

store.steampowered.com

Operation: Harsh Doorstop on Steam

Operation: Harsh Doorstop is an Unreal Engine powered shooter sandbox similar to mod-friendly games like Ravenfield and Garry's Mod but with roots in tactical shooters like Squad and Arma III. Our game is entirely donation funded, completely free, and has full Steam workshop support!

Operation: Harsh Doorstop is a free, community developed, multiplayer tactical shooter devoid of micro-transactions, paid downloadable content, or loot box mechanics. Traverse large-scale open environments, employ a wide range of military equipment, and communicate with your team to emerge victorious.

The first versions of Operation: Harsh Doorstop will cover basic infantry combat, with dynamic objectives that encourage teamwork and coordination. Future versions of Operation: Harsh Doorstop will include new factions, weapons, vehicles, mod support, and increasingly brutally realistic gameplay mechanics.

Deploy to eastern Afghanistan into a fictionalized conflict between Soviet and NATO forces during the summer of 1991. Participate in Operation: Harsh Doorstop, an aggressive NATO campaign directed to halt Soviet expansion into the middle-east.

Additional operations will be released in future updates... including operations during World War 2, The Gulf War, and new fictional conflicts (occurring in past, modern, and future settings.)

So as with nearly all their games, this is been in development a while but only recently acquired by Microprose for publishing.

Operation: Harsh Doorstop is ... devoid of micro-transactions, paid downloadable content, or loot box mechanics.

The game will be free. Forever. Patreon supporters may be granted access to alpha builds of the game, however our public releases will never be charged for.

www.patreon.com

Get more from Drakeling Labs on Patreon

Creating Operation: Harsh Doorstop

You can subscribe for $5+ a month for alpha access. Not quite sure that'll be sustainable as an income stream. Out of all of Microprose's games, this is by far the biggest.

"The full version of Operation: Harsh Doorstop is planned to include a wide variety of ambitious features, including large-scale environments, destruction, pilot-able aircraft, command-able naval craft, and a significant amount of new content.

Early versions of Operation: Harsh Doorstop will focus exclusively on infantry combat, until we get that right. Once that is done, we will move onto ground vehicles, then aircraft, and lastly naval vessels."

It will have bot support. Hope it doesn't take 5 years just to make it halfway through their roadmap.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
woah that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
As much as i hate lootboxes & F2P stuff, the people that make these types of games ultra popular need to buy their skins...

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
The fact that the trailer refuses to show what the shooting looks like from the player perspective is worrying.

Also, what's the monetization model if no mtx/loot boxes and it's free?

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Excited about the Microprose revival, especially Task Force Admiral.
Is this more arcadey like Battlefield, or closer to something like Red Orchestra or Post Scriptum?

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Pretty sure this has been a project bluedrake and his community has been trying to get off the ground for years. This is suppose to be a sort of labour of love where the community comes together to make the game they all want to play. Interesting little experiment, but I'm worried this ain't going to go far.. I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong though.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't heard that name in aaages, but man this game looks beyond rough.

edit:
Pretty sure this has been a project bluedrake and his community has been trying to get off the ground for years. This is suppose to be a sort of labour of love where the community comes together to make the game they all want to play. Interesting little experiment, but I'm worried this ain't going to go far.. I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong though.
ahh that would explain a lot.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Microprose?
Looks like they not only brought the name back but also the graphics:/

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
youtu.be

Why I started making video games...

Download free games from my website! ► https://www.bluedrake42.comGet Steam keys for my games on Patreon! ► https://link.bluedrake42.com/patreon★ Follow me o...

worth watching if y'all want a better understanding about the game, the devs , why they doing what they doing and such