• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
tenor.gif

Click the above Tweet for the full details.

Fort Boyard is releasing on June 2019
Toki is set to release in Q2 2019
Titeuf is set for Q4 2019
Blacksad is set for Sep. 2019
Asterix & Obelix XXL 3: The Crystal Mehnir in Late 2019

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Blacksad! The original graphic novel is brilliant. Hopefully, the game will live up to expectations.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I have VERY faint memories of Titeuf, having maybe watched it on a channel once some years ago.
Fort Boyard I think I watched a show similar to it? Can't remmeber but it seems familiar to me.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Titeuf? I had to check if I was still in elementary school when I realized that it's been A BILLION THOUSAND YEARS.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Microids is a name I haven't heard since the 90s. I didn't even know they still existed. Fort Boyard, Titeuf, Asterix... Sounds about right.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Is this the French LJN?

I really hope the Blacksad game is good I'm very interested.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Vaguely curious about the Fort Boyard game. In my gameshow fandom I've got into watching the French series each summer, and it really holds up far better than our UK adaptation ever did.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Boyard I think I watched a show similar to it? Can't remmeber but it seems familiar to me.

Still going strong in France, there was a UK adaptation on channel 5 (and later challenge TV) years ago, but it cut a lot of the more interesting aspects out. And if you're familiar with The Crystal Maze, that was originally intended to be an earlier adaptation of Fort Boyard, but the Fort wasn't ready so they changed around the rules a bit and made their own environment in which to play it.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Vaguely curious about the Fort Boyard game. In my gameshow fandom I've got into watching the French series each summer, and it really holds up far better than our UK adaptation ever did.

There was an old Fort Boyard game. Anyone interested and that understands French has to see this video :

The game was hilariously bad.

They published and released various games over the past few years.

I guess I must have missed those.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Still going strong in France, there was a UK adaptation on channel 5 (and later challenge TV) years ago, but it cut a lot of the more interesting aspects out. And if you're familiar with The Crystal Maze, that was originally intended to be an earlier adaptation of Fort Boyard, but the Fort wasn't ready so they changed around the rules a bit and made their own environment in which to play it.
Ah that's interesting, thanks for the info.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Reminds me of the shitty licensed games from my youth.
Not saying all of these will be bad of course. Fingers crossed for Blacksad.
But Fort Boyard on current gen... I thought that stuff would have stopped after the Wii / DS era. The youth of today still need to learn the dangers of licensed games just like we did I guess.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But Fort Boyard on current gen... I thought that stuff would have stopped after the Wii / DS era. The youth of today still need to learn the dangers of licensed games just like we did I guess.
The Asterix and Obelix games are competent 3D platformers.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
NEVER!
My childhood gaming memories consisted of TMNT games, Disney games, and Marvel arcade games.
Licensed games will forever be hit or miss, but when they're hits, they're satisfying hits, and at the very least harmless experiences.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
That Fort Boyard game has potential. Makes me wish someone would make a Crystal Maze VR game already.

Like this, but licensed:

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Toki is fantastic guys

Get it
It's great, but it's also overpriced for what it is. You can finish the game in an hour or so and it doesn't even include the arcade version or any of the others. I really do like the game, but it should have been more than half the price it is.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Titeuf huh. I wonder what kind of game that will be. Princess Nadia should be in another castle.

They should make a Kid Paddle game too, it even makes more sense than Titeuf. I loved the comics when I was little.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit Blacksad as a game?! That's got my interest. It's a fantastic dark noir series of detective stories. The one set in the south with race wars and child abduction was great and the one with the witchhunt for communists where they would just target famous liberals trying to force folks to name each other as commies was another big one thatd be great to play.

God such a great series. No wonder it won so many awards. So hype.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit Blacksad as a game?! That's got my interest. It's a fantastic dark noir series of detective stories. The one set in the south with race wars and child abduction was great and the one with the witchhunt for communists where they would just target famous liberals trying to force folks to name each other as commies was another big one thatd be great to play.

God such a great series. No wonder it won so many awards. So hype.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I did not think those Asterix games would do well enough to reach the point of a third game.