• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
These elaborate gender reveal things are so fucking dumb. Stop being dumb you fuckwads!

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think that's going to require at least a king size pack of M&M's /s

130273.jpg

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of having a baby if you can't plaster the gender reveal all over social media?

Oct 27, 2017
What is with Americans and gender reveal parties? Am I being totally ignorant or does no other country really do this?

Canada excluded because we basically copy everything they do.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Why don't people just do something simple like use balloon's or a slice of cake that is colored or something? Why do things need to explode?

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm an old man yelling at cloud for thinking this shit should just be tied in to a baby shower.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, shrapnel. People don't really appreciate how deadly it can be honestly.
nwmntw0lkja51.png

And these gender reveals are honestly so dumb, just stop.
Makes sense. Bullets are designed to penetrate. Shrapnel just decides to. It's like cutting something with a knife vs pulling it through a tube of broken glass

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that gender reveal is a thing. You already got a baby shower we need more parties for your dumb baby?

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Shouldn't we call these "sex reveal parties" since proclaiming the gender before birth is kinda silly?

Oct 25, 2017
Are gender reveal parties a white people thing? Never had I heard of them until recently. This "gotta top the last reveal party" aspect is especially asinine.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A cake, a box of balloons, Terry crews ripping off his shirt, pick literally anything else

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Have your dumb gender reveal party if you have to but don't use it as an excuse to make explosive devices!

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Shouldn't we call these "sex reveal parties" since proclaiming the gender before birth is kinda silly?
I would wager that people that do these things don't think much of gender identity and the difference between sex. Though I guess we could refer to these parties that way.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
We regret having a gender reveal back in 2013 (I had almost but not quite entirely emerged from my Fox News upbringing), but all we did was cut into a cake.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
If people want to blow shit up so much maybe they should open official blowing shit up places for supervision

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with all these idiots? Man, the gender of your baby is not this huge of a deal. Holy crap. Somebody died because you thought you needed to reveal your baby's gender with a CANNON.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
They really should start cracking down on this stuff. You want a gender reveal party where you slice open a cake to find pink/blue frosting. It's stupid, but fine. Your not hurting anybody. But you want to get a fucking cannon and shoot it into the air for all to see; yeah no. Arrest and fine the idiot.

If people want to blow shit up so much maybe they should open official blowing shit up places for supervision

You know, that would probably work. Structure it like axe throwing, but on a range. Let people go nuts and blow up random things, but have rules and regulations and safety mechanisms to ensure that they can't blow themselves up or set off the Firework/TNT while the sensors show people are in range.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Gender reveals (obviously baby showers been a thing well long before then) have been a thing for a minute but the popularity of social media definitely encouraged folks to keep "stepping up their game" in regards to this.

Condolences to the family and folks need to stop trying to go viral.

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
ay yeah, Gender Reveal Parties, I remember those!

U9fwVG6.jpg

I took this back in August when the El Dorado fire was burning. $8 million in damages and 22,744 acres burned.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Gender reveals are some of the stupidest shit ever, and I refuse to ever have one. Just have a damn baby shower.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gender Reveal Parties are stupid in all levels, why not just held the traditional Baby Shower and be done with it?

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
My gender reveal was a quick phone call to my parents and brother from the hospital.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I just became an uncle for the 13th time, there has been exactly 0 gender reveal parties

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly unavoidable. There's no choice once you know the gender of your child but to set off explosives.
Yep. I have a crate of C4 in the garage. We're going to level a city block and when the dust settles, we'll see what color the rubble is.

I just became an uncle for the 13th time, there has been exactly 0 gender reveal parties
My mother-in-law has been very vocal in her disappointment at the lack of gender reveal stunts. I'm tempted to send her a card when my wife gives birth. It'll be a plain beige piece of paper which reads "It's a human!"

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
f3c.gif

FFS people, if you are doing a gender reveal party, then do something more simple and not something convoluted like explosives and weapons!

I don't mind gender reveal parties (though people seem to dislike the concept, in itself), but please don't do something that can harm someone, let alone fucking kill them!

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
But, it was a baby shower, not a gender reveal, right?

Still insane. Take a metal cylinder and fill it with gunpowder around a baby? Dumb.