• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
abc7news.com

Michigan man killed at baby shower when gender reveal cannon explodes

A 26-year-old man was killed at a baby shower after a cannon being used at the event exploded and sent shrapnel flying.

A 26-year-old Michigan man was killed in an explosion that occurred during a baby shower, according to Gaines Township authorities.

A small cannon device that was fired in the backyard of a home by the homeowner blew up, spraying metal shrapnel that struck an unidentified Hartland man who was standing nearby. The man was taken in serious condition to Hurley Medical Center in Flint, where he later died.

Three parked cars and the garage where the baby shower was being held were also struck by shrapnel.

Telephone calls Sunday to Gaines Township authorities for additional information weren't immediately returned.

In recent years, some gender-reveal events - where devices eject confetti, balloons or other colored objects to announce a soon-to-be-born child's sex - have taken a dangerous turn.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did burning down half my state not teach y'all that no one gives a fuck about your baby?

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Jesus christ, dead because some parents wanted to tell everyone what was between their kid's legs. What a fucking waste.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear what is it with gender reveal parties and catastrophic events?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Just do a cake or whatever if you're so Instagram-poisoned that you feel the need to do this shit. Too much mayhem and slaughter otherwise.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
FOR THOSE ABOUT TO REVEAL GENDER...
15ub1x.gif

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Not even the first death in an almost identical fashion. At least one massive wildfire.

Fuck baby reveal spectacles.

Oct 31, 2017
When did people start doing this incredibly dumb and dangerous shit? Hell, when did people start making telling people the gender of your offspring into a party?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Are you all really that bored in Michigan you need to make IED's at your parties?

Oct 27, 2017
What's wrong with American people. Gender reveals at my country involve musical chair games and wrapping the future mother in toilet paper.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
Fucking hell can't people just stick to baking cakes or get a normal little handheld confetti cannon if you give that much of a shit. This is like the perfect crossroads between parents thinking people on social media give a shit about their child and chasing clout for being the most bombastic. Well good job, you've managed to kill someone.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Who the fuck invented these reveal events?
You don't need to do this dumb shit for social media people
The woman who invented it says she absolutely regrets that it became a trend. Now people think they need to out-do everyone else and people are dying and forests burned down.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever happened to opening up an envelope?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you even want a gender reveal cannon? Like, even if you could guarantee it wouldn't explode or anything like that, why would you want something like this so much that you'd spend money on something like this that you're going to use once or twice (maybe three times if you really want to keep reusing it as you have more kids) and then never again?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
More people have died and there has been more property damage through these Gender reveal parties than there ever has compared to "Antifa"

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, shrapnel. People don't really appreciate how deadly it can be honestly.
nwmntw0lkja51.png

And these gender reveals are honestly so dumb, just stop.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
87259_617fe3edbe15d562aa9fba482637455e20191230110547_thumb_565.jpg

Pictured: A parent preparing for their child's gender reveal party

Gender reveal parties are so shitty in so many different ways.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly unavoidable. There's no choice once you know the gender of your child but to set off explosives.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I never understood why people put so much effort into gender reveal parties. The ones I've attended were done by slicing into a cake of the color of the gender, or unwrapping a present to either show a pink dress or blue shirt. Hell, we just put up a post saying 'It's a boy" and that was enough. Having explosives feels like they're too immature to raise children anyway.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
All the constant stories of gender reveals going wrong and people are STILL doing this shit. Is it a competition to see who can have the most dangerous reveal?

brb loading up some confetti shotgun shells but using QUADRUPLE THE GUN POWDER FOR 4X THE GENDER

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of want a Wikipedia category of things that kill less in America than gender reveal parties. Starting with sharks.

Oct 25, 2017

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I never understood why people put so much effort into gender reveal parties. The ones I've attended were done by slicing into a cake of the color of the gender, or unwrapping a present to either show a pink dress or blue shirt. Hell, we just put up a post saying 'It's a boy" and that was enough. Having explosives feels like they're too immature to raise children anyway.

I know this was back in the 90's, but my mom never knew our gender before birth. All she cared about was that we were born healthy. (although after three boys she was hoping for a girl with number 4. Can't say I blame her lol)