• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
There is no such thing as ghosts, child protection services need to get involved and check everything is in order.

MattXIII

Oct 28, 2017
Wears beanie and plays PS4 while being interviewed for TV... Jeez put down Fortnite for a second

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
By 'ghost' I assume they mean 'we walked past the camera and saw it blurred us so thought we could make a few dollars selling our story'?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
17sHEQF.gif

Someone call the ghostbusters

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Well that was exciting.

I look forward to their new show Ghost Babies on Travel channel, where they go investigate other houses where ghosts have been reported sorta walking by babies. With advanced techniques like "Listen to a white noise maker for random sounds that occasionally resemble speech", "Record hours of videos in low light conditions to search for random visual artifacts that occasionally resemble humans", and finally "Walk around with an IR camera looking for places that it is slightly colder or warmer than the surroundings and occasionally ask 'Is that just a draft?'". Tune in for 6 seasons of finding jack shit!

(My wife watches some ghost shows, though she doesn't really believe in them, she gets annoyed at me for endlessly making fun of them)

Ghost...ok. Sure. I've got an open mind.
Ghost scratching your baby? Is this your first rodeo, parents? Babies have nails like effin' velociraptors, and even when you clip them they just become even more razor sharp. Your baby is the second gunman on the grassy knoll.

Uhhhh why is their child sleeping in a playpen? That's not a crib or legal.

That's a travel cot. It's normal.

Last edited:

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The only part of the story I find interesting is they think the ghost is of someone that died from purposely jumping out of the window. I mean.....it's not even that high up.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine dying and just casually walk through the house and getting blamed some kid's scratched face lmao

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Sometimes I think the deniers are worse than the believers because the absolutely refuse to accept even the smallest little chance that something out of the ordinary might be at work.

Either way if you feel strongly about either camps, you're a bit delusional i.e 2spooky4me

Why does disbelief about ghosts existing make one delusional? There hasn't been empirical evidence of ghosts so why would it be delusional to say they don't exist?

You haven't had a supernatural experience I take it, it really bothers me when people just straight up affirm something to be (or not be) true. There's no way to prove that ghosts exist, but you also can't prove they don't exist.

The onus is on the person claiming that ghosts do exist to provide evidence. I can't provide evidence of something not existing.

Oct 25, 2017
OP, you should know better than to post ghost shit here. Some people here think it's offensive to be open to the idea of believing in something that may or may not exist.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
There's a guy at work who keeps showing me videos from his B&W CCTV he has in his hallway. There certainly are things happening that are hard to explain, like orbs and lights moving on the walls, but I keep telling him "Dude, there are no such thing as ghosts".

I've offered many common explanations, such as dust and insects catching light that is not visible to the naked eye, but can be seen on infra-red cameras. It could be light glinting through gaps in the door frame, for instance. It could be fluctuations in temperature becoming visible on the infra-red spectrum, which I don't know is sound science or not but it's still more probable than fucking ghosts!

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
OP, you should know better than to post ghost shit here. Some people here think it's offensive to be open to the idea of believing in something that may or may not exist.
That really depends on the reasoning and evidence used to justify that sort of mindset, though. There are a lot of things that could fall under that umbrella (e.g. lizard people) where simply being open to the possibility is just as crazy as being fully onboard with the idea.

Oct 25, 2017
That really depends on the reasoning and evidence used to justify that sort of mindset, though. There are a lot of things that could fall under that umbrella (e.g. lizard people) where simply being open to the possibility is just as crazy as being fully onboard with the idea.
Sure, but comparing the idea of ghosts with something as stupid as Lizardpeople is really not the same. Especially with how common ghost sightings and stories are compared to shapshifting reptile people in the whitehouse. If you are comparing people who believe in some sort of existence after death compared to right winged foiled hat nutjobs who believe that Hilary was a fucking scaly, then you need help son.

I'm not saying this video here is real, but it irks me sometimes to see how dissmissive people here to the idea of ghost. There's plenty of stuff we don't know about space, let alone our own planet.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Whether there is something to ghosts or not, why would you move into a supposed haunted house.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I'm not saying this video here is real, but it irks me sometimes to see how dissmissive people here to the idea of ghost. There's plenty of stuff we don't know about space, let alone our own planet.
Yeah, there is plenty we don't know, but there is no reason to assume unexplained phenomena are caused by ghosts. You're basically proposing that ghosts are a natural phenomenon.
But that just doesn't work. Sightings are way too contradictory, for one. And of course, many "ghost" situations are unexplained phenomena where people just assume its a ghost based on "something happened, must be ghosts". It just doesn't make sense, might as well believe in alien abductions.

Whether there is something to ghosts or not, why would you move into a supposed haunted house.
Why wouldn't you if you don't believe it?

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
So I'll probably get shit on and laughed at but it's okay. I have experienced tons of paranormal things growing up. It seems to run in the family because I've been told countless stories from my mom and my dad about their paranormal experiences. Anyway, I've had some crazy shit happen that I have never been able to explain. I also used to ghost hunt a lot, just real amateur stuff with a group of friends in Chicago. Last time I went ghost hunting was with my brother in the mountains in Colorado Springs. I kept getting this nagging feeling that I should take a photo of a certain spot and once I did, this is what showed up:

KWOjEYY.jpg

It was the very first photo of the night. It wasn't our cold breath, it wasn't cigarette smoke or vape clouds. My brother and I even tried replicating it immediately after and no matter what we did, we could not get another photo to turn up like that. The thing is angular rather than straight-up billowy. I know everyone will just say it's smoke and nothing more and there's no way I can prove that it isn't. Which is kinda frustrating since even I don't know what the hell it is and despite being into this sorta thing, I'm always skeptical and try to remain logical. I don't know, it's not a damn camera artifact, I know that much. And whatever it is, it was NOT visible when I took the photo. 100%.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Sure, but comparing the idea of ghosts with something as stupid as Lizardpeople is really not the same. Especially with how common ghost sightings and stories are compared to shapshifting reptile people in the whitehouse. If you are comparing people who believe in some sort of existence after death compared to right winged foiled hat nutjobs who believe that Hilary was a fucking scaly, then you need help son.

The ideas have equal levels of evidence - none. No one here is saying "Only the things we already know about are real". They're just rejecting this out of hand because there is no evidence of it being "ghosts", and there is, further, no evidence for ghosts as a thing that exists in the first place.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I'll probably get shit on and laughed at but it's okay. I have experienced tons of paranormal things growing up. It seems to run in the family because I've been told countless stories from my mom and my dad about their paranormal experiences. Anyway, I've had some crazy shit happen that I have never been able to explain. I also used to ghost hunt a lot, just real amateur stuff with a group of friends in Chicago. Last time I went ghost hunting was with my brother in the mountains in Colorado Springs. I kept getting this nagging feeling that I should take a photo of a certain spot and once I did, this is what showed up:

KWOjEYY.jpg

It was the very first photo of the night. It wasn't our cold breath, it wasn't cigarette smoke or vape clouds. My brother and I even tried replicating it immediately after and no matter what we did, we could not get another photo to turn up like that. The thing is angular rather than straight-up billowy. I know everyone will just say it's smoke and nothing more and there's no way I can prove that it isn't. Which is kinda frustrating since even I don't know what the hell it is and despite being into this sorta thing, I'm always skeptical and try to remain logical. I don't know, it's not a damn camera artifact, I know that much. And whatever it is, it was NOT visible when I took the photo. 100%.

Looks like hollow knight