• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's documented that white slave owners often got their black slaves pregnant so her logic is flawed to say the least.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Michelle Rodriguez is officially dumber than Trump.

She said idiotic fucked up things. Trump actively campaigned against the Central Park Five (five juvenile male youths – four African American and one Hispanic) and even after they were vindicated refused to acknowledge how fucked up his actions were.

Trump who refused to condemn white nationalist hate groups while in one of the most powerful positions in the world.

The list of DEEDS/ACTIONS by Trump goes on.

What are you smoking? Learn your history kid before you start weighing in.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
The only instance of him being racist is decades ago. I don't know if any reason to think he's that way today
Which we didn't know about until he made it public to promote a film and he also doesn't think it's racist because he "would have done the same if it was a white guy."
You have proof of his racism but the only proof that he isn't a racist is he did it 40 years ago and he claims he isn't a racist? So that's proof enough for you?
How is this any different than Michele's take? "Well he hasn't told us about any of his other incidents of racism so he isn't racist."

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
The only instance of him being racist is decades ago. I don't know if any reason to think he's that way today
Well actually the instance of him being racist was several days ago when he told an incredibly racist story under the guise of a revenge anecdote and then had to go on an apology tour because it didn't occur to him that his story was super racist.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She said idiotic fucked up things. Trump actively campaigned against the Central Park Five (five juvenile male youths – four African American and one Hispanic) and even after they were vindicated refused to acknowledge how fucked up his actions were.

Trump who refused to condemn white nationalist hate groups while in one of the most powerful positions in the world.

None of what you posted has anything to do with intelligence, pops.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have Liam; he just said he's not racist. I will say this: I don't see any reason why he would be.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 day): drive-by trolling
So now ERA hates Michelle right, that's how this works, right?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's documented that white slave owners often got their black slaves pregnant so her logic is flawed to say the least.
Yeah - plenty of slaves were raped so this argument is incredible stupid.

Kissing someone as an actor doesn't meant you can't have diffrent feelings about a race in private life.

I don't know much about Liam so I can't speak in him....but MR example is dumb.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am cool with they putting it on hold for the next year or two
It is, but I want to live in a world without racism and therefore I have to believe that's it's possible for people to stop being racist. May very well be naive of me, granted
But can you understand why folks still feel the way they do? If he was truly post racial, he would understand that story in that context was racist AND would have pointed out the racism

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

He said dumber, not more vile. Trump certainly knows how evil he is.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But can you understand why folks still feel the way they do? If he was truly post racial, he would understand that story in that context was racist AND would have pointed out the racism
For sure, and that was an oversight on my part since I read the headlines and not the full context of the interview details

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
None of what you posted has anything to do with intelligence, pops.

How'd you figure? Intelligence is the application of knowledge. Clearly, she doesn't seem to possess the knowledge or practice in applying what she so stupidly said.So... she is a dummy.

Trump is the same only his lack of abilities have led to cataclysmic harm. I'd say one is dumber. Can you guess?

Also... semantics doesn't make you less wrong.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Speaking of stars weighing in, I missed this one:

I love Terry, but this is a bad response. It's extremely dismissive of Liam's weak response in regard to the racism present in his account of what happened 40 years ago.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
What a weird thing to say....
My guess that she would say that jokingly, as it would have been after the mindset he said he grew out of.
But how do you get to a comment like that anyway? PLENTY of racists are attracted to the very race they hate.

Oct 25, 2017
This was bound to happen. Let's ask all his costars what they think.

Thomas Jefferson, the most not racist man to have every lived
510M5-HRJ0L.jpg
* Applause *
Nobody is calling him a racist anyways. Maybe back then, but he certainly isn't now.

This is just hurting him more than it needs to.
Many people are calling him racist.

I'm not mad at the guy personally, but you think I'm gonna look like an idiot at the movies tonight asking for a ticket for Cold Pursuit like I had planned this week.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I mean there are very few people for whom I can offer undeniable proof they're not racist. Kind of hard to prove
But that's not what we're discussing here. You wrote that you can believe that he is not a racist based on nothing more than you hoping he isn't. But at the same time we have undeniable that he was at some point a racist.
So I am trying to understand where this immediate benefit of the doubt comes from whenever white people are racist.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From The Root. "To all other non-black folks just itching to tackle this topic? Shutting the fuck up is free. I highly recommend choosing silence about this shit, fast and furiously. Because you don't have the range.". LOL

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
But that's not what we're discussing here. You wrote that you can believe that he is not a racist based on nothing more than you hoping he isn't. But at the same time we have undeniable that he was at some point a racist.
So I am trying to understand where this immediate benefit of the doubt comes from whenever white people are racist.

I'm trying to understand this immediate condemnation and assumption he has experienced no growth whatsoever. What I heard from his interview is an extreme degree of ignorance or lack of study into race. I can't say one way or the other whether Neeson is racist today in 2019 or beyond what happened back when if he ever tried to subvert someone professionally/personally based on race again or in future instances.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this month is going to end with a video of Michelle Rodriguez proclaiming that Trump isn't racist because he made out with her while wearing black face.
I feel like the month is going to end with Lonnie Johnson the inventor of the super soaker saying "All Lives Matter"

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
From The Root. "To all other non-black folks just itching to tackle this topic? Shutting the fuck up is free. I highly recommend choosing silence about this shit, fast and furiously. Because you don't have the range.". LOL
Because you don't have the range, is probably going to be my go to phrase for this year.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This just makes everything worse for him. =|