• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see, I can't find a single news article pertaining to him ever being a racist. No scandals. Nothing.

He tells a story of 40 years ago and claims isn't a racist. I believe him.

🤷🏼‍♂️
So unless there are news articles about him being a racist he couldn't possibly be one? There is absolutely nothing that proves he isn't a racist aside from him claiming he isn't, yet there is absolutely proof that he was at some point. By the way, he also claims that he isn't racist because he would have done the same thing if it was a white man. He doesn't even reconinze his own racism.

But yeah, pointless emoji right back at you.

Nov 30, 2018
So unless there are news articles about him being a racist he couldn't possibly be one? There is absolutely nothing that proves he isn't a racist aside from him claiming he isn't, yet there is absolutely proof that he was at some point. By the way, he also claims that he isn't racist because he would have done the same thing if it was a white man. He doesn't even reconinze his own racism.

So technically everybody can be racist because nothing proves otherwise?

I wish him the best of luck. Good day to you .

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
You know he isn't a racist now based on what exactly? Also, there is no "maybe," he was absolutely a racist when he went out stalking black people.
tenor.gif

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
LOL this is the dumbest thing I've read out of Hollywood.

"Kissed a black lady with his tongue! Can't be racist!"

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The worse part is her putting this on Viola Davis, putting the burden of racism on a black woman

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good to know that I can't be sexist since I've had plenty of sex with women. Thanks Michelle.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is quite possibly the stupidest racism defense I have ever heard.

So if I have sex with a woman I'm not a misogynist?

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's see, I can't find a single news article pertaining to him ever being a racist. No scandals. Nothing.

🤷🏼‍♂️
I can't blame anyone for not believing the word of someone that literally went out searching for black people to kill.
Also, why are you making shit up? He never said he wasn't racist. He told a story about how he wanted to get revenge and then realized revenge was bad. He never addressed the racism.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
You seem to ignore that we actually have proof of his racism but not of him not being racist other than him claiming he isn't and your hopes and dreams that he isn't.
I spent an entire day giving myself a headache arguing with posters about this and what I realized is if people want to be stuck on the idea that he's somehow reformed without any evidence other than their feelings then that's their right, just as it's my right to no longer feel comfortable watching any of Liam's films again after discovering what drives his performances... namely murdering people who look like me.

Nov 30, 2018
I can't blame anyone for not believing the word of someone that literally went out searching for black people to kill.
Also, why are you making shit up? He never said he wasn't racist. He told a story about how he wanted to get revenge and then realized revenge was bad. He never addressed the racism.

He never said he 'was' racist either

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
When will fools realize that you can date, kiss, fuck someone from another race and still be racist against said race? Is it really that hard to fathom? Just look at all the alt-right fools with Asian fetishes. Hell, their racism is actually what is fueling them to go after other races because they want to dominate them, to make them submit to them (white men). And slave owners used to rape their slaves. Guess they weren't really racist too? Fuck outta here.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I mean, I don't think he's racist but that's a pretty weird explanation for it.

I'm sure 'ebony' is a hugely popular category for the same reason by her logic.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all wylin this Black History Month. How long until the Liam Neeson blackface photos leak?

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I spent an entire day giving myself a headache arguing with posters about this and what I realized is if people want to be stuck on the idea that he's somehow reformed without any evidence other than their feelings then that's their right, just as it's my right to no longer feel comfortable watching any of Liam's films again after discovering what drives his performances... namely murdering people who look like me.
The vehement defense of him and attempting to handwave what he did is bizarre.
He never said he 'was' racist either
Do you think what he did was racist? You wrote that it was "maybe" racist but it's starting to seem like you don't think it was.

Oct 25, 2017

🤷🏼‍♂️
Yes, but he only speaks of how bad vengeance is.
In all of these discussions the past few days, many seem to miss out that he asked what was the rapist's skin colour.
His first question after a dear friend of his was raped...
And when he was answered he went out for a week and a half hunting for any black man to kill.

If he isn't racist, he should've elaborated on how utterly fucked it was of him to actually pursue that.
He thinks vengeance is bad? Cool.

But why not expand on the racist part? The part that's actually the most absurd bit of the story.
Some black guy could've been his Emmett Till had things been different.
If I was in that era just walking about, I(being a black person) could've been killed because of some fuckshit.
It's crazy.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

🤷🏼‍♂️
Despite the incident happening 40 years ago, he distinctly recalls the "black bastard" who he searched for, weapon in hand, ready to kill.

Do we think he we think he would have recalled the assailant as the "white bastard", had he been white instead?

And uttering "I'm not a racist" is not really evidence showing that he addressed the clear racism apparent in his recalling of the incident or that he made efforts to improve in this regard. All we've really seen so far is that he's really sorry for the act of looking for someone to kill/violent revenge.

So I think him being called out for not addressing the racist undertones of his original story is a good thing, not a bad thing.