• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

@ 4:55 in the video

"Our values are the same," she said of herself and President Bush. "We disagree on policy, but we don't disagree on humanity, we don't disagree about love and compassion. I think that's true for all of us — it's just that we get lost in our fear of what's different."

"I personally, and I think so many of us, miss a time where people who have different opinions get along," she said. "And I yearn for that. I want my kids to realize that we live in a world when people are think tons of different things and we treat everybody with respect and kindness."

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
George Bush, now that he is an old man, is probably "cute" to be around now that he acts like a grandpa or a baby with that senile brain of his.

Unfortunately for Michelle, cuteness doesn't excuse his absolute disregard for human life.

I guess she has to defend him because her husband share similar views in bombing innocents. Can't throw him under the bus.

Crooked politicians...

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
honestly I prefer this new wave of despising obama to the alternative of thinking he's untouchable because of trump

rude

Oct 25, 2017
AchingAffectionateGalapagossealion-size_restricted.gif

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...we treat everybody with respect and kindness."

Hundreds of thousands of people died in the Iraq War, following an invasion that was built on not just flawed rationale, but straight up deception on the part of his administration.

Michelle's great, and it's totally cool for her to choose her friends any which way she pleases, but she needs to watch it with those absolute words.

A lot of people are living in fear of what is different, but plenty of other people are living in fear of what is simply not true.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I should have been more specific when I wished for class solidarity on that monkey paw.

:(

Iggelich

Aug 31, 2019
It's not about Bush's values, it's about his actions, Michelle.

Can you please stop derailing this thread? It's not about Barack Obama.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
They're REALLY trying to redeem Bush huh? After all of the human rights violations and blatantly immoral and illegal doings they're really trying to go "oh he ain't that bad".

And for what? So that we look fondly of the past or something?

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, another 10+ minute interview with an influential woman on a variety of topics including fighting for the education of girls in cultures where they would otherwise be marginalized, a book, her relationship with her family and the value of voting in an election, and y'all take a 10 second soundbite and immediately start with the "she's trash fuck her," talk.

This is the second time this has happened in 30 days.

The op is being a manipulative shitposter and y'all falling for it like chumps. Nice progressive forum we got going here.

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country
OP
OP
bye

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Oh look, another 10+ minute interview with an influential woman on a variety of topics including fighting for the education of girls in cultures where they would otherwise be marginalized, a book, her relationship with her family and the value of voting in an election, and y'all take a 10 second soundbite and immediately start with the "she's trash fuck her," talk.

This is the second time this has happened in 30 days.

The op is being a manipulative shitposter and y'all falling for it like chumps. Nice progressive forum we got going here.

Hun the title of the PEOPLE.com article is literally

Michelle Obama Talks Bond with George W. Bush After Controversy Over Him Sitting with Ellen: 'Our Values Are the Same'

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Fuck her then defending a war criminal time after time again. She could easily just have said nothing, but she did and continues to defend his legacy.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Did I equate them? I said her husband is a war criminal, is that not true?

Is Obama not a war criminal? Didn't his administration at best brush off at worst allow the bombing of civilians? Or did I imagine that?

I'm sorry. I must've missed when Obama invaded Afghanistan and then invaded Iraq after lying about weapons of mass destruction. Perhaps you can link some news articles that I can read to learn more about it? Oh, wait...he didn't? So, then no. He's not the same as Bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.