• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
He's the actor from Police Academy who did sound effects with his voice. This video shows his exploits on the movies to be way, WAY less impressive than his full potential. A full Led Zeppelin song with great vocals and an incredible rendition of electric guitar sound. Using just his mouth. And loads of talent.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Remember him growing up in the 80s, he still has it

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty impressive. Masterful control of his voice. You can even hear he adds an amp/speaker modulation to his effects, naturally. Highly impressive.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
His Cheech and Chong impressions are really good too. Especially Cheech.

One of my favourites from this video is the club next to his hotel room. It always makes me smile because of accurate it sounds.

Last edited:

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This guy is incredible. I've been following a few younger guys trying to do the same thing on Instagram but they're just nowhere near this man's level.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like 99% sure he's using a distortion pedal. That doesn't take away from his talent though.

You can see the pedals much more clearly in this video. I can't figure out how to link to it directly, but it's the "This one is better" tweet below the version in the OP.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
That tweet being all "he was more than that", speaking in past tense, made me legit think he had died. At least Wikipedia hasn't caught up if he has... >_>;

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I'm like 99% sure he's using a distortion pedal. That doesn't take away from his talent though.

You can see the pedals much more clearly in this video. I can't figure out how to link to it directly, but it's the "This one is better" tweet below the version in the OP.

Maybe in that clip. But in the one I shared of him doing Purple Haze he absolutely doesn't.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe in that clip. But in the one I shared of him doing Purple Haze he absolutely doesn't.
He . . . steps on the pedal board the moment he goes into the guitar sounds, though. I'm really not trying to downplay his talent; the guy is using pedals to create even more wild sounds than he would be able to otherwise. I think there's something incredibly cool about that.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
He . . . steps on the pedal board the moment he goes into the guitar sounds, though. I'm really not trying to downplay his talent; the guy is using pedals to create even more wild sounds than he would be able to otherwise. I think there's something incredibly cool about that.
That would explain my previous post. I thought it was natural modulation, which would be out of this world.

I play electric guitar and have a host of pedals so it's really obvious how it sounds to me. You can hear it when he starts singing and obviously on the guitar. Still cool tho

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
This version (same song) is actually even more impressive. Listen to the way he ends every sentence in the song. He quickly repeats the last syllable at a lower pitch to give an echo effect. He's simulating the way a singer's voice sounds in a stadion setting.

youtu.be

Michael Winslow and Hjortur Stephensen - Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin cover)

Michael Winslow and Hjortur Stephensen Play Whole Lotta Love ( Led Zeppelin ) on Logi í beinni Icelandic tv show 2015.

Now THAT's committing to the illusion.