• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The gun culture has everything to do with racism in the US. Whites are the biggest gun fetishists here and their boner has everything to do with control and fear of other ethnicities (yes they want it both ways). It's a self inflicted multigenerational paranoia- genocide the natives, enslave the Blacks.... "Oh no we need to defend ourselves from Natives attacking our villages and slave revolts are frightening!"
There's so much truth to this. Reminds me of a fantastic essay I read the other day titled "Guns Don't Kill People, Settlers Do: The Second Amendment and the Myth of Defense"
www.pyriscence.ca

Guns Don't Kill People, Settlers Do: The Second Amendment and the Myth of Defense — Pyriscence

Firearms are the tools and symbols of a larger counterrevolutionary policing that binds settlers together despite contradictions of class in their mutual support of upholding colonial and racial hierarchies. Through gun ownership of today—what was, earlier, participation in militias—the white settle

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Well that sends a message. Jesus Christ this is dark. I don't believe the police account at all. Witness heard about 40 shots.... fucking hell. America, good luck, every day there is yet another story that makes me think things are only gonna get worse and rapidly so. 2020 is just beginning.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I've met plenty of racists who never lynched anyone...

I get what you're saying, but this isnt a fair comparison.

You can be a cop and be a person who genuinely wants to make the world a better place. The problem is that the system protects the militant and racist pieces of shit.

The police can be salvaged, and those in their ranks who genuinely want to make the world a better place can be allowed to do so. But we need to defund the police, to stop them being a paramilitary force, and hold them to greater accountability for their actions.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
If he pulled a gun on cops who he knew were coming to arrest him, it doesn't really matter if he fired or not. But those are very big ifs. Did he actually pull a gun? If he did, did he even know these were cops coming to arrest him? I wish we could we trust the word of the cops even just a little bit.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Met plenty of cops who never murdered anyone.

These kind of comments give me no hope for the rot and decay inside the United States and all institutions of power. Whether the actual individual is good or not is irrevelant. You have good individuals who get swallowed, dismissed, co-opted or become part of an abusive system.

This isn't even limited to law enforcement. This exists with all dark aspects of all fields, from medicine, law, academia, government, or any field whether blue or white collar. Abuses are pernicious in all institutions, and law enforcement is too far gone for simple reform. To say nothing of the amount of opposition, half-hearted measures, and slow progress of reform actually taking place.

The system of law enforcement can't be salvaged. It has to be dismantled from top to bottom. Why? Take the example of racial violence with cops. These cops are part of a system that descended from sheriff's that engaged in catching slaves, (through the Fugitive Slave Act), beating and killing of other minorities and protesters, the entire preservation of Jim Crow, lynchings, and other means of state terrorism. All of those good cops originated from a system where those attitudes and viewpoints were never entirely wiped out.

It's no wonder cops immediately proceed to use violence against individuals, combined with prejudice and bigotry. The Germans had a decent idea with Nazis, and how they were dismantled and crushed. Imperfect as it was, the disease had to be eradicated from the root. We should have done that following the Civil War, but we allowed White supremacy and violence to proceed too long.

And then we have takes like yours that gives no hope to me as a minority to save this rotten country.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I get what you're saying, but this isnt a fair comparison.

You can be a cop and be a person who genuinely wants to make the world a better place. The problem is that the system protects the militant and racist pieces of shit.

The police can be salvaged, and those in their ranks who genuinely want to make the world a better place can be allowed to do so. But we need to defund the police, to stop them being a paramilitary force, and hold them to greater accountability for their actions.
"Only a fed bad apples"...

Look, my dad is a pilot. He flies plans. If the percentage of people who flew planes kept crashing them and killing people at the rate cops are killing unarmed minorities, nobody would be saying that pilots are good people, especially if those pilots kept being protected by their industry, put on paid leave, and then immediate rehired... possibly killing more people as well. Ridiculous, right? But that's the police force of America.

We've had deep-rooted, systemic racial and civil issues with the police force for centuries - ever since the police force was largely founded to hunt down runaway slaves in this nation. It's DRENCHED in racism and prejudice.

All these "good cops" who "genuinely want to make the world a better place"? Where the hell are they? Because the ones I saw this year - the ones who asked their bosses if they could stand with Black Lives Matter and advocate for police reform - were officially denied by their superiors. Those cops? They resigned. So I guess they're not cops anymore.

This isn't a one off. These are the stories I've always heard - of "good cops" driven out by their peers. Their homes vandalized. Dead rates left on their cars.

At this point, the organization itself is deeply corrupt. Are there "good" people in the system? Sure, in the same way there are "good" Nazis who, just like we heard this year, claimed they were "just following orders" and didn't know about the bad stuff.

How many police departments have volunteered to allow MORE accountability for their actions? How many have asked for more oversight? How many have celebrated whistleblowers as heroes? How many advocated for having their departments defunded?

How many?

Witness Account: Reinoehl Was walking to car, holding cell phone and candy when police began firing

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Another witness has come forward.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/10/reinoehl-portland-antifa-killing-police/

When police last week surrounded Michael Forest Reinoehl, a self-described anti-fascist suspected of fatally shooting a member of a far-right group in Portland, Ore., the wanted man wasn't obviously armed, a witness to the scene said Wednesday.

In fact, according to Nate Dinguss, Reinoehl was clutching a cellphone and eating a gummy worm as he walked to his car outside an apartment complex in Lacey, Wash. That's when officers opened fire without first announcing themselves or trying to arrest him, Dinguss, a 39-year-old who lives in the apartment complex, said in a statement shared with The Washington Post.

There are few official details about what happened next. At least four members of the task force, which included officers from a variety of local agencies, fired dozens of times at Reinoehl; the U.S. Marshals Service later said he had a handgun, but it wasn't clear whether he had ever fired it at police.

Dinguss said he never saw Reinoehl pull out a gun.

He said he watched as two unmarked police vehicles converged on Reinoehl as he walked to his car, holding his phone and chewing on a piece of candy. The officers never audibly identified themselves and didn't try to arrest Reinoehl, Dinguss said.

Instead, he said they immediately began firing. When Reinoehl heard the gunfire, he ducked behind his car, which was pinned in by the law enforcement vehicles; he never tried to get inside, Dinguss said, and he never saw him reaching for a weapon.
Dinguss said he watched police unleash rapid-fire rounds at Reinoehl, once pausing to shout "Stop!" before resuming their fire.

Dinguss added officers waited "multiple minutes" before rendering medical aid to Reinoehl, who died at the scene from several gunshot wounds.

Just a reminder that the Attorney General released an official fucking victory lap around this killing. Pretty disgusting stuff.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
That tracks.

Anyone who still isn't getting it at this point-what will it take?

Law enforcement protects white supremacists, antagonizes opposition and straight up murders gang-style anyone who dares fight back.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I'm still confused why bodycams aren't 100% enforced. Also, don't all police vehicles have cameras? From the reports it seems there should be multiple recordings of what actually happened since they used their vehicles to pin him?

This country police force is broken.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Murderer got gotten. Shouldn't of pulled a gun out on police.
imagine trusting what the police said happened over the witnesses. the ones who have everything to lose by telling the truth and incriminating themselves. the people we have seen time and time again for decades upon decades lie to protect themselves.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

maxresdefault.jpg

He's always been a two-bit mafioso, pushing others to bloody their hands on his behalf.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Interesting how they arrested Kyle Rittenhouse without putting a scratch on him but sent a death squad for Michael.

Last edited:

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
I don't support how this went down by ANY stretch, but Kyle Rittenhouse didn't hide, I think it's clear there is a difference between apprehending some who's cooperating and someone on the run.

I do think this was basically a hit, but, I don't think people should be giving them legal leeway to even do a hit if that makes sense.

Lamiafusion

Nov 24, 2017
I don't support how this went down by ANY stretch, but Kyle Rittenhouse didn't hide, I think it's clear there is a difference between apprehending some who's cooperating and someone on the run.

I do think this was basically a hit, but, I don't think people should be giving them legal leeway to even do a hit if that makes sense.

Jesus, do you people even bother reading the thread before replying? THEY SHOT AT HIM FIRST then he went to hide. Who the fuck isnt going to hide after getting shot at.