• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
the incredibly rare if not unprecedented for the genre back-to-back aspect offers the opportunity to do something aggressively different, so yeah I hope they do use it.

Right, exactly. I mean, at their core, they're movies with a body count, but I cannot imagine the talent involved simply signed up for three movies where they sat around a writers room and came up with unique kills.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of weird do you even want? Certainly not 5/6 kind of weird with cults and explaining Michael I assume.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
They should have done more cheesy names like "Halloween Ends at Midnight" or something. Halloween Kills just sounds like health propaganda. Fuck it just call them Halloween and Halloween like when you called your sequel to Halloween - Halloween.

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Right, exactly. I mean, at their core, they're movies with a body count, but I cannot imagine the talent involved simply signed up for three movies where they sat around a writers room and came up with unique kills.

I wonder what they would want to do though. The Halloween series did end up going some weird places and they ended up pulling it back to a more grounded lore again. Still though, it'll be interesting to see where it goes this time.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
What kind of weird do you even want? Certainly not 5/6 kind of weird with cults and explaining Michael I assume.

I mostly want to be surprised? I don't want to watch another two movies of Michael Myers stalking the same damn neighborhood, the same damn hallways, the same damn stairwells. I'm not sure what I want except it to be something I didn't expect, whatever form that takes.

Lone

Mar 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
The Halloween series has never had a simple yet effective trilogy. It was always just Halloween and maybe H' '81, but even that went a bit off the rails in some aspects with the sibling angle.

I doubt, and honestly do not want them to get weird. Sure, it might be 'same ol', but if done well - it could be a very, very good trilogy.

Deleted member 60582

Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Couldn't be worse than Rob Zombies Halloween remakes

There are some legitimately great scenes in his films, but overall yes...trash. Funnily enough I think I enjoyed 2 more than 1, if only on the strength of the hospital scene (where Octavia Spencer acted her ass off) and Sheriff Brackett finding Annie after Michael got to her. The way that particular scene was filmed still sticks with me.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I'll still gladly take the Zombie flicks over the total garbage of Halloween 5, 6, and onward

The most hated part that so many seem to agree on was the weirdness with the new doctor and the twist, so not sure they can really go too nuts with these movies.

Oct 25, 2017
was it ever explained what in the hell Michael's motives are?
H1- just Evil, no other explanation needed.
H2 - We find out Laurie is Myers sister and he wants to kill her, still the same night as the first film
H3- No Myers, Completely separate story. The first Halloween movie cameos on a TV during the film.
H4- Laurie died in a car crash and now Michael wants to kill her daughter and his niece. 10 years after Halloween 2.
H5- Still going after Jamie and now sports a thorn tattoo that isn't ever explained a man in black follows him through the film and breaks him out of jail at the end of the movie.
H6- Finally manages to kill Jamie and turns out she just had a kid which Myers tries to kill. He's secretly being controlled by the man in black whose the leader of the town's cult and which is why Michael had a thorn tattoo in the last film.

H20 - Continuity REBOOT, only Halloween 2 is now canon. Still trying to kill Laurie and gets his head chopped off at the end of the film.
Halloween Resurrection - Myers secretly disguised a paramedic as himself and slashed his throat so Laurie killed an impostor. (Gotta keep the sequels churning out) He kills Laurie in jail at the start of the film because Jamie Lee Curtis is sick of this franchise at this point. Myers spends the rest of the film murdering stupid teens filming a reality show at his old home.

RZHalloween -REBOOT again - Michael is raised by his redneck abusive family and is obsessed with Laurie still his sister. Gets shot by her at the end of the film or something else depending on the home media version.
RZHalloween 2- Michael still alive and stalking Laurie. He now looks like a hobo and chases her throughout the movie and sees visions of his ghost mom because reasons? Gets killed with Laurie by the Police in a shed at the end of the movie. There's another ending from either the unrated or theatrical. I can't remember which is which.

Halloween 2018 - Continuity REBOOT - Only Halloween 1 is canon now. Laurie is still traumatized years later while Myers was caught and sent to jail at the end of the first film. No longer her brother in this continuity he breaks out and runs into Laurie again due to the doctor that took care of him after Loomis died.

Now you should be all caught up on the convoluted multiverse timeline of Halloween series.

Last edited:

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
H1- just Evil, no other explanation needed.
H2 - We find out Laurie is Myers sister and he wants to kill her, still the same night as the first film
H3- No Myers, Completely separate story. The first Halloween movie cameos on a TV during the film.
H4- Laurie died in a car crash and now Michael wants to kill her daughter and his niece. 10 years after Halloween 2.
H5- Still going after Jamie and now sports a thorn tattoo that isn't ever explained a man in black follows him through the film and breaks him out of jail at the end of the movie.
H6- Finally manages to kill Jamie and turns out she just had a kid which Myers tries to kill. He's secretly being controlled by the man in black whose the leader of the town's cult and which is why Michael had a thorn tattoo in the last film.

H20 - Continuity REBOOT, only Halloween 2 is now canon. Still trying to kill Laurie and gets his head chopped off at the end of the film.
Halloween Resurrection - Myers secretly disguised a paramedic as himself and slashed his throat so Laurie killed an impostor. (Gotta keep the sequels churning out) He kills Laurie in jail at the start of the film because Jamie Lee Curtis is sick of this franchise at this point. Myers spends the rest of the film murdering stupid teens filming a reality show at his old home.

RZHalloween -REBOOT again - Michael is raised by his redneck abusive family and is obsessed with Laurie still his sister. Gets shot by her at the end of the film or something else depending on the home media version.
RZHalloween 2- Michael still alive and stalking Laurie. He now looks like a hobo and chases her throughout the movie and sees visions of his ghost mom because reasons? Gets killed with Laurie by the Police in a shed at the end of the movie. There's another ending from either the unrated or theatrical. I can't remember which is which.

Halloween 2018 - Continuity REBOOT - Only Halloween 1 is canon now. Laurie is still traumatized years later while Myers was caught and sent to jail at the end of the first film. No longer her brother in this continuity he breaks out and runs into Laurie again due to possibly the doctor that took care of him after Loomis died.

Now you should be all caught up on the convoluted multiverse timeline of Halloween series.

That's a lot of words for "no."

Oct 30, 2017
When the cult stuff came up in H5 and H6, was it just the Curse of Thorn or did they refer back to Halloween II when Loomis discusses Samhain with the sheriff when chasing after Michael?

I think you could write Michael as a manifestation of a corrupted Samhain and really push a cosmic horror narrative.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I mostly want to be surprised? I don't want to watch another two movies of Michael Myers stalking the same damn neighborhood, the same damn hallways, the same damn stairwells. I'm not sure what I want except it to be something I didn't expect, whatever form that takes.

I still like the original idea Carpenter had for H4 without all the Michael morphing and mutating and weird shit it had...

I'll always still die on the hill that One Good Scare would make for an awesome movie story...