• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Starting that teaser with the bets piece of music from the last film. They know what they're doing.

Halloween Kills sounds like a b-movie drive-in flick though. And I'm not mad about it

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I've only seen the Rob Zombie ones. Is there a canon list for this telling? Does H20 count and all that?

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Awesome news but terrible movie names.

Hope they change them or at least Halloween Kills lmao what a dumb name, makes it sound like a zero budget direct to dvd movie.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy that they're continuing on from the 2018 movie and not just doing something brand new.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I hope these are big improvements over the last one and can live up to the best films in the series, the Rob Zombie remakes

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The reboot was cool, very curious if the sequels will be something decent!

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't expect them to outright announce both sequels like that. It's funny because even when "Halloween Ends" it won't actually end

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Kind of weird they are announcing two in advance when the movies usually hinge on Michael dying, so you know he won't in the next one

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope they are deciding for a specific tone in the sequels. Halloween was all over the fucking place in trying to be a badass action movie & reversal of the first movie AND a legitimately scary horror movie & celebration of the first movie AND a comedy at the same time.

Also, stick to a main character, please. Halloween had no idea if it wanted to follow the perspective daughter, mother or grandmother.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda kills any "Michael is finally dead!" scenes in the second film if you know a third is coming in a year.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago

I hope they are just back-to-back slasher flicks. We get a ton of supernatural horror movies these days, it's rare we get a pure-slasher film, especially one in theaters.

I don't mean abandoning the slasher roots—I just mean switching the formula up and keeping the series nimble. If it's just Michael stalking the same streets all over again..? It'll be a good version of that, but I think these filmmakers wouldn't have just come back for that, you know? They could do anything.

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
So Halloween kills is gonna have the downer ending where JLC dies and Michael lives, and Halloween Ends will have Judy Greer out for revenge ending with the ultimate death of Michael Myers where he can never be resurrected?

I'm in.