• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Read about half and got bored.

Honestly, letters like these telling a president how/what he needs to do by people like Moore rub me entirely the wrong way. 75 million people voted for Biden, so why the heck should Moore be the authority of what needs to be done.

Democrats always make these kind of checklist demands when a new person takes off and it just serves as a polarizing document that people point to when inevitably something is missed or unable to be done due to the senate. Many liberals hated Obama because he was unable to complete lists like this.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's a well intentioned letter, and I do like the intention to listen to the left and young folks, not just focus on centrism which failed Obama with the Republicans.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
berneydidnotread.gif
Lmao holy fuck hahahahaha
Now write an open letter to the Republican Senators and their constituents, Michael. They are the ones who need convincing.
It's better to remind Optimus Prime that he has a gun on his arm and should use it than to politely ask Megatron and Starscream to put theirs down.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Read about half and got bored.

Honestly, letters like these telling a president how/what he needs to do by people like Moore rub me entirely the wrong way. 75 million people voted for Biden, so why the heck should Moore be the authority of what needs to be done.

Democrats always make these kind of checklist demands when a new person takes off and it just serves as a polarizing document that people point to when inevitably something is missed or unable to be done due to the senate. Many liberals hated Obama because he was unable to complete lists like this.
Voters have a right to communicate with and put pressure on their elected officials. If you don't want Michael Moore being the only person making demands of Joe Biden, write to him yourself.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm just cynical regarding the political situation right now.
Do you have the link for the American Prospect that he is referring to? - the link is broken.
Biden should of course do everything at his disposal to show his intent and then hope for better midterm elections and him not being stopped by supreme court.

Oh for sure, I'm cynical also.

There was an interview with David Dayden from the American Prospect just yesterday, which is worth watching (tried to embed time, but it starts at around 23 minutes in, if it doesn't work):

The website is https://prospect.org/day-one-agenda

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm just cynical regarding the political situation right now.
Do you have the link for the American Prospect that he is referring to? - the link is broken.
Biden should of course do everything at his disposal to show his intent and then hope for better midterm elections and him not being stopped by supreme court.
prospect.org

The Day One Agenda: Now More Than Ever

The election result brings new prominence to executive actions. But in reality, it was always going to be a necessary facet of a Democratic presidency.

Beaten

Last edited: