• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Michael McCann needs some love.

Having an office job, I listen to a LOT of music at my desk (at the office and now at home), and lately Michael McCann's stuff has been knocking my socks off all over again. The man writes some seriously incredible music, but other than his fabulous work on Deus Ex: Human Revolution, it seems like he sort of flies under the radar a lot. He's got one hell of a range, I've got his work on exercise playlists, writing playlists, and work playlists, and they never disappoint. Anyone else hold him in as high regard as I do?

Some personal favorites:

From Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

From X-Com: Enemy Unknown (Damn did I miss his music in X-Com 2)

From Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, one of the greatest composers in gaming. He's terrific at creating atmospheric sound which enhances the feeling of the worlds that you explore.

One of my favorite tracks and I just love how the 80's synth sweeps in at 1:06:

Nov 8, 2017
His DX soundtracks are among my all time favorites. He's got some tracks in Borderlands 3 that sound remarkably like DX music (style, instrument voices, etc), so make sure to check those out if you want more of that. Wish he would put out more works though!

Exist 2 Inspire