• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw this and I'm so fucking upset, was just reprising the main role for the new BF game and had movies lined up
Favorite performance by far was Omar, RIP

Mabase

Oct 29, 2017
What a goddamn shame. Lovedlovedloved him in everything I've seen him.
Omar alone is a character and a performance for the ages.
RIP

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Devastating news. I cant believe this.

He became one of my favorite actors post Wire and him being in anything made me immediately want to tune in and give it a watch. Probably would not have given Boardwalk a look if not for him.

May have already been posted, but just in case, saw this on twitter:

Saw this years back and made me an even bigger fan of his work since then.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
RIP to Mike. Honestly one of the best actors of the small screen. HBO GOAT at the very least. This news really made me mad in the same way that Chadwick's death did. I could see the two of them still at well into their 70s and 80s.

Life isn't fair

Krozur

Oct 27, 2017

There's been lots of great cinema actors who do great badasses, but I don't think we will ever have one that draws from as much sensitivity as Williams was able to. It's like he played his scenes not as someone who was a psychopath but someone who's life's cruelty brought him to that point. So even when he was doing something dark and fucked up he made sure you understood why the character did what he did and darkly…why you would have done the same thing in the same situation.

Damn I forget how that scene gave me chills from his acting. I need to rewatch Boardwalk just him.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
One of those deaths that really make you gasp in public, really sad.
He made the wire so perfect imo.

Rip.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

"There is a certain immortality involved in theater, not created by monuments and books, but through the knowledge an actor keeps to his dying day that on a certain afternoon, in an empty and dusty theater, he cast the shadow of a being that was not himself…but the distillation of all that he had ever observed; all the unsingable heart song the ordinary man may feel but never utter, he gave voice to. And by that somehow joins the ages."

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
So sorry to hear about this news. The world just lot a punch of talent. To say he was a great actor is not even doing him justice. Rest in peace

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Very sad news to wake up to....Michael was one of my favorite actors from The Wire and Boardwalk Empire, fantastic actor and played such memorable characters. RIP

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017

"There is a certain immortality involved in theater, not created by monuments and books, but through the knowledge an actor keeps to his dying day that on a certain afternoon, in an empty and dusty theater, he cast the shadow of a being that was not himself…but the distillation of all that he had ever observed; all the unsingable heart song the ordinary man may feel but never utter, he gave voice to. And by that somehow joins the ages."
This and the Lance Reddick video is fucking me up.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone has not done so already I highly recommend listening to his interview on WTF from a few months back. Maron reposted it yesterday with some words at the beginning. Michael was a hell of a human being no doubt.
I had not been doing many of my portrait illustrations these days but did a tribute one to him.
Illustration I Did

The composition is as such as the concept is although he has left his physical body behind, he will live on for eternity in screens and snapshots.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
This one hit me hard. I still don't know what to say. I always rooted for him and wanted to see him in more projects, felt like he still had a lot of roles in his future. He was great on BWE, I loved his brief role on Community but obviously it's all about Omar. What a legendary role for an incredible actor.

I remembered reading reports back in 2013 that he was set to play ODB in a Wu-Tang biopic. Not sure if those reports were false or if something changed, but I was always on the lookout for news about it.

Rest in power my guy.

If anyone has not done so already I highly recommend listening to his interview on WTF from a few months back. Maron reposted it yesterday with some words at the beginning. Michael was a hell of a human being no doubt.
I had not been doing many of my portrait illustrations these days but did a tribute one to him.
Illustration I Did

The composition is as such as the concept is although he has left his physical body behind, he will live on for eternity in screens and snapshots.
Very cool.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Illustration I Did

Very nice stuff!

Just wanted to bring to your attention you have RGB instead of RBG for Ruth lol

Oct 28, 2017
This is like a swift kick in the gut. Such an amazing talent gone far too soon. I looked forward to everything he was in and mourn all that we will never get to see. I wish his family and friends Godspeed and peace.

Illustration I Did

This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing.