• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
clean up them edges.
hmm...

edit:

eqkmglS.gif

xSzN9Et.gif

Last edited:

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
MJ is the undisputed GOAT. The way he commands a room is insane. The fact that he rarely speaks to the media adds to his legend.

His speech was awesome.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a huge NBA and Lakers fan, all of this still feels like some kind of a surreal nightmare. MJ giving an iconic, tearful speech at Staples Center? Just what? I mean it's very reassuring and an unforgettable moment, but... none of this should be happening. Kobe, Gigi, and the other 7 victims should all be here.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Loved the speech, and part of what I think made it so great is that Jordan-- who by and large is a selfish egomaniacal prick-- was the one delivering a humble, sweet and emotional speech about Kobe. The meme joke was perfect as well.

Basically what I'm saying is I think this is viral marketing for Space Jam 2 and the real Michael Jordan is being held hostage somewhere while cartoon aliens have stolen his likeness to try to sully his legacy and make him appear "kind" or "human." Either that or he's getting soft in his old age. (But really though, great speech.)

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The MJ crying meme moment and Shaqs story about telling Kobe to pass the ball were great. The rest of the program had me in shambles though. Vanessa Bryants portion especially.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When MJ said that when Kobe died a piece of him died and they cut to Jeanie Buss in tears ... yeah that got me.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved the speech, and part of what I think made it so great is that Jordan-- who by and large is a selfish egomaniacal prick-- was the one delivering a humble, sweet and emotional speech about Kobe. The meme joke was perfect as well.

Basically what I'm saying is I think this is viral marketing for Space Jam 2 and the real Michael Jordan is being held hostage somewhere while cartoon aliens have stolen his likeness to try to sully his legacy and make him appear "kind" or "human." Either that or he's getting soft in his old age. (But really though, great speech.)

Can people let this BS go for a day at least? Jordan donated a freaking hospital wing recently and does a lot of charity work.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is still one of those big deaths that still doesn't feel real. That was probably one of the best celebrations of life for a sports legend ever. The World misses you Kobe

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I always wonder if people like this are aware of the prolific memes about them. Funny to know now that it has been actively haunting him this whole time.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Jordan was the player that got me into basketball. A really genuine guy, on and off the court.

This tribute was so touching, teared up a bit

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If I ever use the new crying face as a meme, it will be for tears of joy, not sadness.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Am i missing something that I should dislike him for or?

I'll keep it relatively short. Michael Jordan is without contention the greatest basketball player in history. That legacy wasn't build without antagonism, and Jordan was infamously known in his day for his pathological need to win and dominate. Through that, Jordan had often been incredibly harsh, combative and mean spirited to his own teammates, rivals, and competitors. Just look at a few YouTube videos with Jordan and trash talking. He was perhaps the greatest player known for being a giant asshole on the field. He even punched former teammate and Warriors coach Steve Kerr during practice. You also have to remember that Jordan's reign coincided with the 1980s and 1990s, where violence in urban communities was at its worse. Jordan did very little as a famous Black athlete to help on that front, with Jordan allegedly saying "Republicans wear sneakers too" when asked to support a Democratic candidate for Senate in his own state of North Carolina against Jesse Helms. The same segregationist and overall piece of shit Jesse Helms. Michael Jordan has been taken to task for not doing enough during that era to help the Black community.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I need to google this and what not, cause I know no one is obligated to explain it to me. Feels bad man.
It's really no where near as serious as most people quoting you make it seem, no reason to feel bad. A lot of the good shit MJ has done tends to get overlooked. No one talks about him cheering up a kid who's a burn victim and inviting them to sit with him on the bench but everyone knows about him being mean to chamillionare.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
chris paul bet jordan as a joke at a children's camp that if he missed all the kids there will get free jordans

he made sure to hit all of them shots dead on with a straight face cause "Fuck them kids"
Important to note I don't think Jordan ever actually said "Fuck them kids" that was a meme started by Chance the Rapper