• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
The whole thing that muddies the waters here is the fact that Wade Robson said nothing happened in court. Not once, but twice. It's just really weird to me, that MJ died and no other victims came out of the woodwork. It's a really weird situation.

MJ's public display of behavior with kids though is inexcusable.
It's almost as if abuse leaves people traumatized and living in fear or something.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Nahh. Abuse victims are known to protect the abuser, especially when the abuser is a high profile celebrity... it's not unheard of.

I guess, but we aren't talking about two denial of events from years ago. The denials were very far apart. Just to make myself clear, from the documentary, I do believe that he is guilty.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess, but we aren't talking about two denial of events from years ago. The denials were very far apart. Just to make myself clear, from the documentary, I do believe that he is guilty.
Then you must believe an abuse victim can lie for his/her abuser.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Then you must believe an abuse victim can lie for his/her abuser.

I do, but I can also see why people who are a defender can use the double denial years apart as a way to justify their doubt. Innocent until proven guilty right? He was "proven" innocent once and settled out of court for the other.

Last edited:

Stone Cold

Oct 27, 2017
Defending him should be a ban on this forum. Fuck anyone that supports a child molester with bogus information they find on MJ fan forums

uzipukki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do, but I can also see why people who are a defender can use the double denial years apart as a way to justify their doubt. Innocent until proven guilty right? He was proven innocent once and settled out of court for the other.
Ah yes, the courts are infallible.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that scumbags use "Wade Robson can't be trusted because he defended MJ under oath once" as a legitimate defense without realizing how mind numbingly stupid they sound sure is something.

Nov 9, 2017
I do, but I can also see why people who are a defender can use the double denial years apart as a way to justify their doubt. Innocent until proven guilty right? He was proven innocent once and settled out of court for the other.

Courts don't issue "proven innocent" verdicts. If there is even a sliver of reasonable doubt, defense lawyers instruct juries that they must return a not guilty verdict.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the replies in this thread are pretty disgusting.

Keep defending a pedophile only because you like his music.

MJ was a fraud. He duped millions into thinking he was an angel.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn when you are so delusional in your fanboyism that you just can't accept the reality that mj was a pedo.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
George Zimmerman was acquitted in court despite strong evidence against him.
Yea, but he also didn't go through 2 trials over the course of nearly 10 years.

Ah yes, the courts are infallible.
It's more the multiple times part. I agree that the courts are not infallible. However, I don't automatically assume every court decision is incorrect, just because I don't agree with the outcome.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The entire first page needs to be deleted.

Oct 28, 2017

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017

It's more the multiple times part. I agree that the courts are not infallible. However, I don't automatically assume every court decision is incorrect, just because I don't agree with the outcome.

From Wiki's People v. Jackson:

The jury deliberated for about 32 hours over seven days.On the initial vote, nine jurors voted to acquit Jackson, while three voted that he was guilty. On June 14, 2005, they returned a verdict of not guilty on all charges. Years later, one juror said his "gut feeling" was that Jackson had molested children, but supported the not-guilty decision as he felt that the prosecution had not proved this beyond reasonable doubt.

Sneddon said the jury had been blinded by the "celebrity factor". Legal commentator Nancy Grace also blamed Jackson's celebrity, but also felt that Janet Arvizo's testimony had been the "weak link", saying: "Apparently the defense overwhelmed them with the cross-examining of the mother. I think it boils down to that, plain and simple."

uzipukki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So, you believe he's innocent..?

Oct 25, 2017
It's seems wild to me that the other thread was locked given the word of mouth on this thing is still spreading rapidly. "The discussion has run its course" has always been a bad reason to lock threads. Like, for whom has it run it's course? We don't all live here.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I love how everyone in here is looking at me as a MJ fanboy. I thought that dude did it back in the 90's I had and still have no doubt in my mind the dude is a pedo. But I can see why people defend him still.

Edit: Proven Innocent was a bad phrase. I'll put quotes around and I didn't mean it as a solid fact.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I love how everyone in here is looking at me as a MJ fanboy. I thought that dude did it back in the 90's I had and still have no doubt in my mind the dude is a pedo. But I can see why people defend him still.

Edit: Proven Innocent was a bad phrase. I'll put quotes around and I didn't mean it as a solid fact.
You're cool with people defending him for abusing and grooming children?

Oct 27, 2017
You went to bat for MJ (a pedophile) and his fans (people who have denied his doings and sending death threats to his victims) voluntarily, my dude.

uzipukki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Suuuuuuure.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Please do not bump old threads with no new insight or information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.